Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Wed, Sep-23-09, 19:27
Registered Member

Plan: CAD, CALP
Stats: 131.0/129.5/120.0 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Thumbs up Hi, I'm new!

Hello! I am new here, I have been doing CALP for about a week now. I am still a kid in the candy store, but I am riding it out and already have feelings of wanting a more "normal" RM. I have read lots of old posts and have learned so much, and continue to have more questions. In short, I know that this is for me, for life, I feel I was lead to this way of eating after lots of prayer and study... This is really a diet of JOY for me, this is it!!! I have discovered so much about my body this short time I have been doing the diet. I am a diffferent person, without headaches, wanting to nap all the time, I've found the real me! I am excited to learn learn learn, and find some balance in my reward meals... still getting headaches after and sleepy... I have not gained in my hour of unbalanced binges, and that in itself is a miracle, as I was on the up and up! I hope I'm posting this in the right place: ) I'l like to loose about 13lbs... I'd like to see the scale go down... but I'll be patient...Thanks for reading!
CM: Ham, cheese, mushrooms, and cucumbers
RM: Salad, ranch, green beans, ham cheese mushroons, fiber and oat cereal with almonds, honey and a little milk, and an ice cream bar
-90 oz water
-how I felt after RM- headache and tired- must cut back on cereal...I ate way too much! I'm wondering if I have any allergies? How do I figure that out?
Exercise- 50 min. stair climber, weights
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 10:11

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ican4Him
Hoppinn -Do you like the Walk at Home program? I have been walking every morning but the weather will be changing soon so I was considering looking into it. Would love your opinion!

I really enjoy them! When I decided to introduce exercise into my program, I needed something that I could begin with slowly. I was extremely out of shape and heard about WATP through the support groups I was on.

I did my research and decided they would work for me because I wanted something I could do at home. I knew that if I had to go to a class or gym in order to get my workouts done that it would be easier for me to find an excuse not to go. Since I did not want any excuse not to get my workouts done, I decided to purchase something that I might be able to do. It took me awhile to work myself up to 3 miles but the steps were easy enough to follow and I was able to do it.

The three workouts that I do have worked out really well for me. When I was traveling back and forth to my folks house caring for my grandma I was able to take them with me and get them done there too.

I can go anywhere and take them with me. All I have to do is take my laptop computer with me, pop one of the disks into it, and I get my workout done.
  #123   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 10:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel
I'm still around...haven't been feeling well, but I think I'm ready to jump back on the CAD-wagon! Today has been great so far.
CM- low carb protein shake
CM-cabbage and 2 oz cheese
RM- will be chicken/rice casserole with veggies and some dessert, possibly just a bowl of cereal with milk or dry.

I really have to focus on doing this just for today. If I let myself dwell on how much weight I lost last time, or how long it took, or how much I GAINED BACK...it really discourages me. I know I feel 100% better on CAD, so that has to be enough for now.

I am also reading a book called "Does this Clutter make my Butt look Fat?"...I think that's it. Interesting the way the author connects having a chaotic, disorganized home to weight issues. Both of these are major areas of concern for me. He doesn't try to give any food advice either, which is great.

Have a good night all.

Welcome back Vel!

I wish you all the best in allowing CAD to be your life long plan. There is nothing wrong with taking it day by day because the days do add up and the progress will be staring right back at you.

Good luck!
  #124   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 10:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTN
Hey just had to share...

I GOT A JOB!!!! Working as an Admin Assistant at the local University. I applied 2 months ago and they called today. It's temp but they said if they like me they's prefer to just train one person and keep them on. So happy there are no words to describe. Graduated May 7th, first job on Sept 25th. whew that was stressful!

Had another good LC day. I wish you all success and I'll probably be back on CAD when I start missing my carbs too much. Or when I hit goal - but I think the former will come before the latter...

Congratulations on your new job!
  #125   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 10:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiGirl
Hello! I am new here, I have been doing CALP for about a week now. I am still a kid in the candy store, but I am riding it out and already have feelings of wanting a more "normal" RM. I have read lots of old posts and have learned so much, and continue to have more questions. In short, I know that this is for me, for life, I feel I was lead to this way of eating after lots of prayer and study... This is really a diet of JOY for me, this is it!!! I have discovered so much about my body this short time I have been doing the diet. I am a diffferent person, without headaches, wanting to nap all the time, I've found the real me! I am excited to learn learn learn, and find some balance in my reward meals... still getting headaches after and sleepy... I have not gained in my hour of unbalanced binges, and that in itself is a miracle, as I was on the up and up! I hope I'm posting this in the right place: ) I'l like to loose about 13lbs... I'd like to see the scale go down... but I'll be patient...Thanks for reading!
CM: Ham, cheese, mushrooms, and cucumbers
RM: Salad, ranch, green beans, ham cheese mushroons, fiber and oat cereal with almonds, honey and a little milk, and an ice cream bar
-90 oz water
-how I felt after RM- headache and tired- must cut back on cereal...I ate way too much! I'm wondering if I have any allergies? How do I figure that out?
Exercise- 50 min. stair climber, weights

Welcome! Good luck to you and I hope you continue to share your journey with us.
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 11:17

BF:

Hello everyone,

I have been keeping busy and forgot to check in here yesterday.

I am still extremely happy with CALP and I have been gaining my self confidence back. I am so proud of myself for the steps I have made and it is amazing how getting one thing under control has helped me to make positive changes in other areas as well.

The construction downstairs is coming along nicely. I don't know how much longer it will take them to get it all done but it is going to look really nice when it is finished.

Tuesday, 9.22.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
RM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, cucumber, sauteed shrimp, & ranch, and Death by Chocolate ice cream
CM: Pork chops and green beans w/vinaigrette

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch

Wednesday, 9.23.09

Menu
RM: Salad of romaine w/cucumber & vinaigrette, pizza w/bacon, canadian bacon, bell pepper, olives, and red onions
CM: Rib steak and green beans w/vinaigrette

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, Walk Away Your Waistline!
3 Mile Walk with 1, 2 & 3 Mile Markers Featuring the Walk Belt!
Mile 1: 15 minutes
Mile 2: 15 minutes
Mile 3: 15 minutes
I completed all 3 miles w/the walk belt!
  #127   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 14:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

HI-
WECOME Mandy! You can read on other threads about allergies and such- not somehting I know lots about. I think balancing your RM might help too.
Rachel- congrats on the job!

Teri- thinking of you and the construction- know you will be happy when it is done!

Too busy to get on the computer yesterday to post- sorry.

Yesterday
cm:eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm:brocolini, hot dog, green tea
rm:salad, brocolini, salmon, bread, dried fruit, water

today:
cm:eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm:brocolini, hot dog, green tea
rm(planned)salad, coleslaw, chicken breast, brocolini, biscuit, water

E
  #128   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 21:29
Registered Member

Plan: CAD, CALP
Stats: 131.0/129.5/120.0 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Question Darn headaches, and tiredness after reward meal

What is going on?? Here is what I ate today..
CM-1 egg, ham, cheese, mushroom
RM- Salad w/ranch sprouts, cauliflower, green onion, green beans, cheese ham pepperoni and pizza sauce melt, 1 1/2 cup all bran cereal 14 almonds, 6oz whey protein shake, and 1 icecream bar,
CM-tuna, toasted sesame oil, radishes

Does anyone else get headaches and tiredness after a reward meal? I have no cravings just headache and very sleepy. I am wondering if I am super sensitive to MSG, which is in the pepperoni, whey protein shake, ice cream bar, and ranch dressing. If I am, then what the heck is there yummy to eat? Or maybe I could just switch my RM to after the kids go to bed so no one has to deal with a grumpy, tired Mommy... Or is it simply that I need way less carbohydrate in my reward meal. I had more of the protein and the veggie before I had the ice cream bar...
On another note, after my CM meals I feel awesome. If I was doing things right would I feel awesome after my RM's too?
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-09, 06:26
Registered Member

Plan: CAD now CALP
Stats: 196/141/126 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi ladies

I have not abandoned you

Missing you all

Just to say that I have now reached a new zone for me at 149lbs it is the thinnest Ive been since 4 years I feel great

My daughter has picked off my laptop keys and tried eating them so my laptop is all messed up

I am doing well on calp and sometimes doing cad when I am eating out or the food I need it is not available

I am taking vitamin D 5000IU per day for my hyper insulinenia and it seems to have helped lots as my appetite is way down and the dark skin patches I had (AN) is fading

PCOS is more under control than ever

I will be on as much as I can

Love and best wishes to all
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-09, 12:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Mandi, I have not felt the way you do so I don't know. I think you can try eating less msg, balancing the RM , eating less dailry, eating less grain- I just don't know what would make the difference for you.

Great news, Deniz!

Today
cm:cheese omelet, coffee
cm:hot dog, kraut, diet coke
rm(planned)salad, meatballs, squash, brocolini, bread, water
[dh will add on pasta and wine].

have a great weekend-
E
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-09, 15:27

BF:

Hello everyone,

MandiGirl, I am sorry but I never experienced any headaches or ill feelings whatsoever. My advice would be to cut out one food item at a time and see if you can figure out what may be causing the trouble. Good luck and don't give up!

Deniz, congratulations on seeing new numbers! It is nice to hear from you and it sounds as if you are doing a great job. Keep it up and please keep us informed!

Eno, how are you doing?

Following CALP continues to be easy for me. When I get to the end of my meal and begin on the carb portion, I know when to stop because I continue to be careful when it comes to balancing.

Even after all this time, I have no doubt that I could easily overeat the carb portion of my meal if I did not balance it with the rest of my meal.

Thursday, 9.24.09

Menu
CM: Rib steak and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: (Restaurant take-out) chicken taco salad w/beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese & guacamole in a fried flour tortilla shell, and an almond joy

Water
100 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-09, 20:59

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

hello. well, i had my first real rm in about 10 days. my favorite; a ham and cheese sandwich on squirrely bread w four big romaine leaves and some tomatoes from my garden.
it was so good.
i am full and satisfied.

today when i shopped, i picked up a couple spaghetti squashes and look forward to a fall 'pasta' meal.

actually, i have had one glass of cab nearly every evening so there has been some reward...but i did that on lc as well.
i've had ears of corn a couple times a week but the season is ending and it is more mature than my preference...so sad.

mandigirl. i think you may be eating too many carbs!! i know CAD allows anything in that hour but if you have and insulin resistance (or some of those symptoms), you may need the protein to slow down glucose hitting you all at once.
i think this may be the very reason why CALP was written.

remember you don't have to eat every carb you want in one meal. there's another rm tomorrow.
give it a try and see what happens.

keep watching the menues peop post and see if you get any new ideas. these guys have sure helped me.
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Sep-26-09, 05:23
Registered Member

BF:

yes I agree with Jem Also Mandy

It sounds like you may have hyper glycemia after eating , too much insulin release which makes you feel drugged and moody, like foggy, tired, slepy headachy, slow etc

try reducing the simple carbs and sugars also.... eat complex carbs with more protein cut carb portions

a good piece of advice \I think eno gave me was to eat 1 type of carb at each meal that will safe guard you over eating carbs....
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Sep-26-09, 05:25
Registered Member

BF:

thanks for yor responses everyone !

I feel great but I dont feel skinny yet....I just wanna get into a size 6 and have that pleasure hehehe

I hope when I reach my target weight I can be satisfied with that and not want to go lower....
  #135   ^
Old Sat, Sep-26-09, 12:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
rainy cool Saturday.
I got up early, had breakfast, and took a sort of wet walk- sort of fun.

wasting my day reading junk adn watching junk tv. thought I'd sign on too

cm:eggs, turkey bacon, coffee
cm:salmon, salad, diet soda
rm(planned):salad,chicken sandwich, slaw, water, ?
Closed Thread