Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 18:40
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%
Default Minicarb Chocolate Chips

Back in July I bought some of these no sugar alcohol Chocolate Chips at Netrition to try in baking. I was so impressed with the chocolate chip muffins I made I then ordered 10 more 8oz. bags. I was a happy camper until my supply got down to 3 bags in early Nov.
To my chagrin when I tried to reorder, everyplace I tried including netrition was out of stock. So thinking this was due to demand I kept going back hoping to find them back in stock. Again all i saw time and time again was out of stock. I never understood why they would discontinue such a fine product and at the same time continue to offer their chocolate bars.

Today i went to their web site www.carbsense.com and it said

Carbsense Foods is now:

We are pleased to announce our new name, Eat Well Be Well Foods. We are the same company you know and trust, with an exciting all-new sugar-free product line.To learn more, please visit our Web site at www.eatwellbewell.com.Thank you!

I have e-mailed this new company and requested they continue this product and I was hoping any other fans of this chip might do the same as a show to the company that there is an interest.

This is a new site so not all is up and working yet such as the on-line store.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 01:55
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Kevin--I feel your pain on that one. It makes no sense what so ever! Especially when they were such a great seller and they are still making the bars. I stocked up on the bags of mini chips during the summer when my little lo carb store said they were being discontinued I sent an e-mail to the company but have never gotten a respone.

Lisa

PS--I just noticed they are in Hood River, OR. Just a hop, skip, and jump from Portland. I go to Portland at least once a month--I may need to take a little detour
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 10:36

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
PS--I just noticed they are in Hood River, OR. Just a hop, skip, and jump from Portland. I go to Portland at least once a month--I may need to take a little detour

Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere near Oregon...but I'd be willing to go with you and take my "Low Carb Is Not Dead" picket signs!!

Besides Carbsense, many of my favorite SF chocolate options (w/o malitol or sorbitol) have been canned too...can we have a moment for Z-carb?!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 14:03

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Male 77 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think the low carb WOL is dead from the main stream food industry is concerned, but that is probably a good thing! Some of the frankenfood that was out there was nasty-tasting, expensive and very unhealthy.

As far as the chocolate chips, someone posted this link, either futurist or kevinpa. They are pricey but ingredient-wise look great.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 16:35
Kitchen Experimenter

lol Ed, I'm still a little too cheap to spend that on chocolate chips. If they are not going to make them any longer then i'll have to figure out how to make them. From looking at the package I have all the ingredients.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 17:30

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 326/235/180 Female 6 ft.
BF:
Progress: 62%

Couldn't you just chop up a chocolate bar-LC of course?
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 00:11
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%

If anyone needs choclate chips for a recipe check these out
http://www.netrition.com/minicarb_c...chips_page.html
or make your own
Melt one 1 oz. square of unsweetened chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix in a Tbs. of milk and a 1/2 cup of Splenda. Spread out on a flat dish, and freeze for 15 minutes. Scrape up the firm chocolate, and form into little chips. They're so tasty!

Chari
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 20:30
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

#9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 20:51
Kitchen Experimenter

thank you surfer, although netrition no longer carries minicarb chips i did see the other 1 you posted, Since the sight does not list the ingredients I have emailed them to find out what they contain. I will post their response here. ty again.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 21:05
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

I looked for ingredients as well. Thanks Kevin , please let us know what the findings are!
Chari
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 21:20

BF:

I think a few Hershey 1-carb bars chopped up would do the trick. Maybe nuke them for a few seconds to soften them just enough so that you could cut them cleanly without a whole bunch of small slivers and chocolate dust!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 21:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpa
thank you surfer, although netrition no longer carries minicarb chips i did see the other 1 you posted, Since the sight does not list the ingredients I have emailed them to find out what they contain. I will post their response here. ty again.

She actually sells bags of maltitol crystals as a sugar replacement, so I am guessing that the chips are probably sweetened with maltitol!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 21:28
Kitchen Experimenter

The Wal-mart by me used to carry those Ed, then I noticed that as I bought them they were not restocking them. So I asked and was told it was a corporate decision to stop. I then called an 800 # for the corporate offices of Wal-mart and asked what genious made that decision. To my suprise 2 or 3 days later I received a call from the local store informing me that starting this week they will be stocking them again. Whats that saying about squeeky wheels.....
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 21:30
Kitchen Experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardGmys
She actually sells bags of maltitol crystals as a sugar replacement, so I am guessing that the chips are probably sweetened with maltitol!

I've noticed when people don't wanna say they omit trying to fool the unexpecting.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 21:37
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF: