Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Judy's Success on the Beach

View Article Article tools
  #46   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-06, 08:49
Registered Member

Plan: 7 day plan
Stats: 196/185/155 Male 172 cm
BF:
Progress: 27%

some times i feel dizze
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-06, 14:33
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab1
some times i feel dizze

I see that you are a new member. Perhaps you should post this in the newbie question area.

Are you drinking all your water?
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 21:40
Registered Member

Plan: Carbs not
Stats: 159/124/130 Female 67 inches
BF:Playing the field
Progress: 121%

Inspirational. Thanks for sharing your diary. Your positive messages and upbeat attitude have been motivating for me since arriving a month ago. Way to go, Judy!
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 12:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260.5/246/199 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

congratulations!

you look like a million bucks!
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 18:50

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/153/150 Female 5' 6.5''
BF:
Progress: 91%

After a long break saw your story - congratulations! Every picture you look a bit happier - you have changed a lot looking at the pictures - though for the years I have known you, you always were reasonable and determined and ready to motivate others. I am not sure whether you really realize how much of an impact you had on how many people! Awsome!
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 16:04

Plan: Pregnant-Moderation
Stats: 157/195/000 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: -24%
Default Congratulations JUDY!! From Newbie to Forum

WOW-Congratulations, Judy!!!! I'm a first -time member today and your story is inspirational. The difference is amazing. You sound like you feel really good inside as well as out;enjoy it. I agree so much that each program needs to be tailored to each individual's needs. FOr example, I'm opposite you; I needed NOT to write down food or calories and measure as little as possible bc of past dieting that turned me off. The only thing I measure (usual eye-balling) is starchy carbs. I also needed to NOT have a goal weight bc I really took it 1 day at a time and seriously decided (when I started efforts in April 06) that the second I felt deprived or frustrated, I would stop and maintain for a long while, even if that meant a 2 or 5 lb maintenance. This was bc I was so sick of always gaining back the lost weight and more, so decided my main psychological goal would be focussing on maintenance from the beginning. By the way, CUrves has an interesting maintenance strategy that motivated me to start trying to lose bc seems easy, if you have book - if nto I can explain later. I gave myself extras-treats right from the first week (always balancing by deciding how many starchy carbs-sugar was in the extra and then not having any for a few days, as my basic plan has been 1 portion of starchy carbs per day, except first week or 2 where I tried to have none mostly). I think extras or treats really regularly (each week) has what has made this balanced, relatively easy (mild to moderate challenge) success and of course, bc of low-carb; daily having yummy things like cheese (sometimes low fat, sometimes not), bacon (mostly low fat but not always), nuts (even large portions), sauces and marinades even if sugar, olive oil etc.....makes it not hard!! Ever tried CHapman'S fudgicles - delicious low sugar and only 90 cals....I,m in Canada so comparing name brands may be hard but we can try bc I've found that some low-sugar or carb products are delicious and others yuuuuucky!

Good luck and congratulations again! It hasn't hit me yet that I seem to be going into a new decade I didn'T expect and maybe was afraid to hope for; the 40s!!!! I've benn toying the last 6 weeks with maintaining my weight at a 23 lb loss (175-152, 5 ft 4inches ) or continuing efforts. Didn't pressure myself and gave it time and let myself go up and down with vacations and special events the last 6 weeks (but only by 1-4 lbs) and can't believe how the excess came off easily despite moments of lots of extras and treats as long as I kept up lots of exercise and did a few days no starchy carbs after having lots!!

Keep the tips coming!! I am now motivated to try and continue to get to 140......think it was about 16 years ago since I was in the 140s!!!

Latté Lover

Last edited by LattéLover : Sat, Sep-16-06 at 16:10.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 16:34
Attitude is a Choice

Thanks Latte Lover!!

I wish you continued success in your weight loss efforts and maintenance goals.

I am now maintaining for the past 10 months and that in and of itself is a miracle to me. I've never consciously stayed the same weight in my whole life. I am always trying new foods that I can incorporate into my food plan and still stay true to the principles of the SBD.

As a matter of fact, I just came from Whole Foods where I got some marinated mozzerla balls and these little red spicy peppers to stick the cheese balls in...they are delish!! Also, got 70% dark chocolate and my very favorite greek yogurt w/ strawberry. I do not miss the way I used to eat because I really do love all the foods that I now eat each and every day. There are so many good and healthy foods to eat....moderation is still key as I can be a bit of a piggy.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-06, 20:01
Attitude is a Choice

Thumbs up One Year at GOAL!!!

12/18 will be 1 year that I've reached my goal weight...and STAYED THERE and a bit below!!

I am firmly of the mind that I've made this a permanent change and that I will not gain the weight back....this time!!

I've found many new foods that work well in my food plan...I like the foods I eat....I allow myself certain treats every few weeks but not daily as I used to do......can you say "white flour addict"?

I had to make this a lifestyle change to make it work for good, otherwise I'd be right back where I started.

I'm a happy woman today!!!
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 20:41

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 215.4/207.6/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

You have made my eyes watered as I can attest to some of the same burdens you had to endure. And with which I still do endure.
When I first found this site I was pleased to see all the support and information and the friendliness of the people here.
You now.........are an inspiration for others. You are looked up to and you are no longer a Morbid Obese woman, or some piece of shit on the street. You are classy, sexy, confident, strong and proud.
I will be proud someday to stand next to you in a photo feeling and looking the same way.
Thank you for supporting me and guiding me this past week and I pray for many more to come!
Joann
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 11:36
No Excuses!!

Plan: Atkins/M&E/Very LC
Stats: 295/264/125 Female 5'2"
BF:ALOT!!!!!!!!
Progress: 18%

Judy..... your success is an inspiration to all of us. Your journal is wonderful. I have read it and re read it for that inspiration.After reading it all I know I can do it. No doubts at all.Please keep up the great work. I look forward to reading your advise to people on the boards.It is wise & helpful.
Kudos & hugs
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 23:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182.5/161.0/150.0 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 66%

great job! congrats
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 19:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/214/160 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

you look great!....thanks for the inspiration
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-07, 22:45

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292/250/199 Female 5'2"
BF:50%/46.5%/23%
Progress: 45%

Thanks for inspiring me. Great story and Congrats on reaching and maintaing your weight.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-07, 05:56
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 196/168/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Congrats on you great journey and wonderful weight lose.....

I have learned that helping any animal brings one a ten-fold return......your doggie needed your love and caring and in return she gave you that same love and caring back...she saw you needed help and she was there for you......I firmly believe that animals have a unique way of knowing what we need....

Keep up the good work......
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 17:15
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_lady
Congrats on you great journey and wonderful weight lose.....

I have learned that helping any animal brings one a ten-fold return......your doggie needed your love and caring and in return she gave you that same love and caring back...she saw you needed help and she was there for you......I firmly believe that animals have a unique way of knowing what we need....

Keep up the good work......

Thanks so much for your wise words...I adore my dogs...all 3 of them. But the one that got me to lose all my weight, Daisy, has a special place in my heart.

Thanks to all who have left me notes on congrats....
much appreciated!!

April 24 was my 3 year anniversary on South Beach and on this site!! I can't believe that its been 3 yrs!! Yikes!!

Article tools