Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 13:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/328/198 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Starting again (and again, and again....)

Hello, one and all. I'm a very big girl who would like to get healthier, and maybe not be so big anymore. One upon a time, I lost 47 pounds on Atkins. Unfortunately, Life interfered, and I comforted my shredded ego with the wrong kinds of foods. I had fallen off big time , and repeatedly tried to get back on with no success. I've retired a few months ago, and I'm settling into fulfilling a few life-time dreams. Primarily, I want to get back onto low-carbing, and trying to restore the health I once had before Life interfered. So, I am here, educating myself and pulling myself back on track.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 13:29

Plan: aitkinish
Stats: 172/140/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 62%

Welcome and good for you for deciding to get back on track and to get healthy again.

Many of us fallen of the wagon...including me recently...so I am sure you will get a lot of support in that area.

I recommend to read, read and read more here. There are so many inspiration people that can help move you in the right direction.

For me getting back on plan is only as hard as I make it. Recently I have been struggling with emotional eating. Headed through divorce and moving on with life.

We all have pitfalls and triggers and we CAN deal with them if we are determined and want it bad enough.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 14:28

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back to low carb,
As minniesota wrote, read and read some more..this is a great forum with years of information to search. From the books you have listed, guessing that is has been a while since you did Atkins before. Look around at all the new LC resources and read about a ketogenic diet https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb and intermittent fasting after you have become fat-adapted. Also suggested Dr. Eades classic posts on "LC the Second Time Around" https://proteinpower.com/drmike/201...w-carb-dieters/ Look for a buddy group or challenge to support you, the TDC http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49 for facing a longer weight loss journey, and the amazing success stories here for inspiration.
All the best,
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 02:42

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hello, and welcome to the best, I mean THE BEST place to be. Rest assured that we all will be behind you and will support you in this endeavor, first, do not be hard on yourself, guess what...no one is perfect, we all make mistakes, but admitting the error of your ways is the first big step, then one step at a time, celebrate small victories, and do not put huge expectations on yourself. Find a plan that works for you, and one day at a time, you are on your way to a new healthy happier YOU.

Please drop by my journal sometime and meet me, I love company, have a positive day, ttyl
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 06:25

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hello and welcome! You can do this! I'd recommend starting a journal and tracking your daily food intake. I've found being able to review what I've eaten very helpful in discovering patterns - for instance, I discovered that wine is a real trigger for me to crave chocolate even up to two days later. I also found which foods cause me to retain water, etc.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 07:24

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Hi, and welcome. I hear you about being a big gal and not wanting to be. My starting weight was higher than yours.

I also hear you re the starting again. I failed maintenance and am back to re-lose the weight I regained, and then be successful at maintenance.

I highly suggest keeping a food log and if you do weigh daily, to consider your true weight a 7 day average. It allows me to see those slight loss weeks (which always feel better than thinking I really had gained).

Best wishes to you.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 07:29
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Getting started is the hardest part. After a few weeks of on-plan eating it does get easier. The second hardest part (for me, anyway) is staying on plan after having some success. You tell yourself that it is OK to cheat or 'reward' yourself for any number of reasons (excuses) and then you allow yourself to do it. Suddenly, staying on the diet is not so easy anymore. I did that at least a dozen times over the years - losing and regaining the same pounds over and over again. I finally learned my lesson about cheating. It does not work for me. I stayed on plan, got healthy, and eventually reached my goal weight. Take it one day at a time. It starts off as a diet, but with enough time on plan low carb will become simply how you eat now. You will feel so good with the results that you will never want to return to your old ways. So take solace as you endure the hard part of getting started. Stick with it. You will be so glad that you did.

I recommend that you start a journal and stay active on this forum. You will make some friends and the support here really does help. I wish you the best as you get started.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 08:54

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Getting started is the hardest part. After a few weeks of on-plan eating it does get easier. The second hardest part (for me, anyway) is staying on plan after having some success. You tell yourself that it is OK to cheat or 'reward' yourself for any number of reasons (excuses) and then you allow yourself to do it. Suddenly, staying on the diet is not so easy anymore. I did that at least a dozen times over the years - losing and regaining the same pounds over and over again. I finally learned my lesson about cheating. It does not work for me. I stayed on plan, got healthy, and eventually reached my goal weight. Take it one day at a time. It starts off as a diet, but with enough time on plan low carb will become simply how you eat now. You will feel so good with the results that you will never want to return to your old ways. So take solace as you endure the hard part of getting started. Stick with it. You will be so glad that you did.

I recommend that you start a journal and stay active on this forum. You will make some friends and the support here really does help. I wish you the best as you get started.

Exactly. Stick with it. Once you get those new good habits in place, momentum will help carry you through daily trials. It increasingly becomes more and more effortless.

You CAN do this. And you DESERVE a better life and better health.