Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-17, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: _Protein Power
Stats: 295/280/225 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Big AL starting over.

I just finished reading Mercola's Fat for Fuel.
He advocates a Ketogenic diet and moderate protein with about 20 net grams of carbs per day. I love avocados and her certainly is big on them so I thought I'd give this a try. Atleast the food is good.
Mercola also advocates intermittent fasting and I've had success with that in the past dropping from 340 to my current weight of 295.
There are probably threads relating to Fat for Fuel on here and I just can't find them. I'm newly returned to this site and relearning to navigate it.
I've been plateaued at 295 for a while so we'll see what happens.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-17, 10:34

Plan: Less than 30g carbs
Stats: 349/286.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Welcome back and good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-17, 12:30
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

"Plateaued for awhile" is actually a really good place to begin again, IMHO. I think our bodies like to take time to adjust to change. My experience has been that those resting places, no matter how frustrating they can be when we want change, can be productive places while the insides (mental and physical) catch up with the weight loss.

You know what has worked for you before, and odds are that this is what will work again.

Focus on changes in lifestyle, and the improvements in health follow, and for most of us--the lucky ones--the weight loss follows that. Persistence in making small changes habitual are life-altering. Think about the challenges that await, and make a plan for each one on how to not get ambushed. You can do this.

Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-17, 13:28

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw8474
I just finished reading Mercola's Fat for Fuel.
He advocates a Ketogenic diet and moderate protein with about 20 net grams of carbs per day. I love avocados and her certainly is big on them so I thought I'd give this a try. Atleast the food is good.
Mercola also advocates intermittent fasting and I've had success with that in the past dropping from 340 to my current weight of 295.
There are probably threads relating to Fat for Fuel on here and I just can't find them. I'm newly returned to this site and relearning to navigate it.
I've been plateaued at 295 for a while so we'll see what happens.

Hiya Al and welcome. I use fat for fuel now. It works well. What I've been eating is similar to what you mentioned however I have upped the carbs a bit recently as more are coming into season in the norther hemisphere - I see no reason not to eat more greens and stuff. I have not gone over 50 net carbs yet and during my weightloss phase I tried to keep it around 25-ish. Mixed in some "INTERMITTENT" fasting - by that I mean I fasted sometimes and ate at other times. I've kept protein on the low side of 1g/Kg of weight, just sort of working out that way - I don't eat A LOT of meat, just some - the vast majority of my calories comes from saturated fat. My body continues to change even tho weight has stayed the same and even gone up some in the last few months. You can few my data here if it's helpful. I've been at it for about 2 years...

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/daily.txt

I wish you the best dialing in a plan that works for your mind and body. I'm finding that changing the mind is much more important than trying to change the body. They body part just happens - but this might just be my unique experience, who knows