Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 09:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/320/280 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello all, another newbie joining the ranks.

Hello everybody!

I am new here. I have been on my own induction for two weeks. I have actually followed almost to a tee what you should do on induction but maybe a few things here and there I may have cheated, but cheated within the program. A handful of cashews and I have had some sugar free fruit punch. I use 4C fruit punch. It is made with Splenda, but that has really took the edge off of not having deserts. Tried a cream cease microwave danish and it was gross. I would rather not have desert LOL. I have stuck to the basics like salads, no bread and no sugar at all except maybe in my mayo. Does not list sugar, but says it in the ingredients (Hellman's)

It is funny that when you do this, you realize that you think you don't eat allot, then you realize how much sugar you are consuming and it does not dawn on you till you read labels. I mean It is amazing! The sugar is what is killing me.

Anyway I am almost at the end of induction and yesterday I really had the taste for pizza so I saved up my carbs and made a Cauliflower pizza. I found it on you tube. I don't know if it was ok for induction, but I don't care. It was awesome!! I found a pizza sauce in my store that had 1g of sugar and 1g of carb and it was good. I will eventually make my own, but it may sit around and go bad as I love Italian food and I may get careless with the taste for red gravy (sauce) I love red gravy.

I feel after what I have been eating that 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce is nothing. I was drinking gallons of iced tea, candy, bags of chips, ice cream every night and tons of other heavy carb foods like Italian food and bagels. When April started, I gave it all up and really have not had a bad time doing this. I have a horrible taste in my mouth and have had it for almost two weeks, I am hoping it goes away. I have not weighed myself either. My goal is to not watch a scale but watch my cloths fit better. I had a meltdown as the bigger cloths I bought started to get tight and I was bummed out pretty bad.

So my goal is to keep at it till I notice my favorite shorts start to fit better. I know if I watch a scale I will eventually give it up and fall back to my bad ways of eating if I start to plateau and stop losing. May sound silly, but that is how I am doing it. Last time I tried this I stopped losing and gave up.

So there is some of my story. I want to find some better dinner ideas and breakfast ideas. Breakfast is the toughest. It has been Eggs, Eggs, Eggs, Eggs and Green tea, but it is working. I think tonight I am going to make a cheesecake. I have a simple recipe and I am going to treat myself tonight. Little goals like that will help me from splurging.

Look forward to the group. Any advise will be helpful. Happy low carb'n!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 10:35

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome and good goal!

"So my goal is to keep at it till I notice my favorite shorts start to fit better. I know if I watch a scale I will eventually give it up and fall back to my bad ways of eating if I start to plateau and stop losing. May sound silly, but that is how I am doing it. Last time I tried this I stopped losing and gave up. "
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 10:56

Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hello from a fellow newbie!

I know what you mean about depending on how you feel and how your clothes fit rather then depending on the scale. It can drive you crazy.

About breakfasts, think outside the box. There's no reason why you can't have some fish or meat in the morning, cut-up raw vegetables with cheese, coffee with cream, soup, some nuts, whatever you feel like having! I know, I usually have eggs in the morning but sometimes just have some or any of the above. There's no hard and fast rule that says you can't have lunch for breakfast and vice-versa.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 11:04
Registered Member

Stats: 330/320/280 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb712
Hello from a fellow newbie!

I know what you mean about depending on how you feel and how your clothes fit rather then depending on the scale. It can drive you crazy.

About breakfasts, think outside the box. There's no reason why you can't have some fish or meat in the morning, cut-up raw vegetables with cheese, coffee with cream, soup, some nuts, whatever you feel like having! I know, I usually have eggs in the morning but sometimes just have some or any of the above. There's no hard and fast rule that says you can't have lunch for breakfast and vice-versa.
Thanks. I do agree. I just opened a can of white chunk Tuna this morning with a hit of mayo and that was breakfast. Was pretty good. Sometimes I just skip breakfast and have an early lunch. I am not much of a breakfast person anyway. Usually on the weekends, but much prefer an earlier lunch.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-17, 20:51

Plan: Keto —> Careful Intake
Stats: 246/170/170 Male 5'8"
BF:14
Progress: 100%

I agree that it is way healthier to just think about the inches you are losing instead of obsessively weighing yourself. I have not bought a home scale for this reason and have just been weighing myself once a week at the gym. You might also focus on how good you may be feeling--detoxing from carbs and sugar is pretty eye opening. I had no idea how awful those empty calories were making me feel. Good luck!