Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-12, 11:59

Plan: CADL
Stats: 161.6/154/135 Female 64
BF:41%/38.5%/?
Progress: 29%
Default Question about CM meals

I have now been on the plan for almost two weeks and so far I am loving it! I have lost over 5 pounds which I have not been able to do on other plans even when following them strictly. This one seems to fit with my natural inclinations. One thing the other plans all had in common is that they pushed breakfast as a must-have. I have never been a breakfast eater so I would force myself to eat a nice balanced breakfast. I now think that was adding to my inability to lose weight. I now skip breakfast and that seems to feel natural for me. I have one cup of coffee each morning and then I don't even think about eating till around noon or later. They also all pushed eating 5 or 6 times a day, which also does not come naturally to me. I find I do well with a CM at lunch, an RM at dinner and a CS in the afternoon.

I started out as the CALP book suggests with a balanced CM meal at lunch with veggies and protein, but I have now gotten away from that. I just have a hard time getting the veggies in. I'm not much of a salad eater, so getting that in at dinner is hard enough. I have been eating an all protein lunch each day this week. Like turkey and boiled eggs, etc. Then I have carbs at my RM in the evening. I have a salad, a protein, a "good carb" and then add in my "not so good carb" keeping it balanced. I only drink water except for my morning cup of coffee. This seems to be working and I am dropping weight as fast as I want to. I am not having cravings and have no trouble sticking to this.

Is this okay? To only have carbs at the RM meal? I figure as long as I feel good and am still losing that it must be okay. I just don't want to set myself up for a stall later on or anything like that. Have any of you that have done this awhile not eaten any carbs at the CM meal and been okay with it?

Thanks for all the help I'm getting! I appreciate you all!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-12, 19:16
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Only Carbs at the RM meal is okay. I do that when I want to speed up the weight loss. But I usually only do it one or 2 days, and then back to a few carbs in the CMs. Give your body time to get used to things, and then listen to it. I am quite comfortable with this way of eating, even if the scale is slow going down. But it is going down.............
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-12, 14:20
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi guys-
I am confused by iakaren's reply- but let me take a swing at it.
ALL of the Hellers plans have you eating protein+veggies for two (or less) meals and protein+veggies+carb at your RM.
You cannot only have carbs for the RM, but you are only supposed to add carbs ON to that ONE meal. Veggies on the CM lists in the books are allowed and are not counted as carbs- we don't count carbs or carb grams on the CA plans- but carbs (on the RM lists) are only to be eaten as part of your one RM a day.

it is a YMMV thing- if you feel good eating only protein for CM than it's okay for you. I will do that on occasion when I can't get a veggie at lunch. I almost never eat veggies at breakfast CM.
So figure out what works for you- but the plan is to balance protein+veggies+ carbs for RM.

E
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-12, 15:08

Plan: CADL
Stats: 161.6/154/135 Female 64
BF:41%/38.5%/?
Progress: 29%

Thanks Enomarb! I think I added to the confusion because when I said "good carbs" I was referring to the veggies that are allowed on the CM meals and by "not so good carbs" I was referring to all other carbs. I will refer to them as "veggies" or "carbs" from now on so as not to confuse!

I have been eating carbs at RM meals only. My question was if I have to include veggies with CM meals or if they could be protein only, so you did answer my question.

I appreciate the help! It is easier for me to eat protein only at times and I'm glad to know it's okay!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-12, 12:38

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

It sounds like you are doing just fine. I have some carbs with my CM like what is in my salad dressings or for breakfast I like a dollop of sour cream and a bit of salsa but so far so good and I am on Day 6 and have lost 6lbs!

What I am really trying to focus on is honoring my body and what it is telling me it wants-which sounds like what you are doing. I am trying to eat when I am hungry, not just because it is a standard meal time. I am trying to stop when I am full, not keep eating just because food is infront of me, that sort of thing.

My mind is so clear, I am having ZERO cravings, I am eating healthier. Weight loss is just a side effect. I am in this because it is what I need!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-12, 13:16
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

that is great!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 08:32

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

Makeitwork - Honoring your body, I like the sound of that! What a good thought. Congrats on your success. Keep it up!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-12, 10:52

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Honoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerSlim
Makeitwork - Honoring your body, I like the sound of that! What a good thought. Congrats on your success. Keep it up!

I can't remember where I heard that from (probably a yoga video, LOL!) but I am really trying to work on that. We are fluid beings: emotional, mental, sexual, spiritual, physical, etc. I am pretty good about if I am mad I express it, if I am interested in something I learn it, etc. However, I think for a lot of us with weight issues the one area we really need to focus on is the physical- and that means also how the other aspects relate to the physical (such as emotional or cultural aspects influencing us to want to eat or our choices). I am really going to try to tap in to what not only my physical apsect wants, but what is doesn't want, and more importantly what it needs!

Well, that is the challenge anyway

MIW