Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 22:43

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 160/160/135 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress:
Post Ya gotta want it!

My stats:

Time Smoke-Free: 462 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes and 16 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 9260
Lifetime Saved: 2 months, 10 days, 17 hours
Money Saved: $1,620.50

My mantra: The urge to have a cigarette will pass - whether I smoke a cigarette or not.

PLEASE - keep trying! Your life is worth it!

I read of some being afraid of the withdrawal symtoms. Another of my mantras: What you anticipate will happen. In other words don't look for or fear the worst! I smoked for 30 plus years. I did NOT have any withdrawal symptoms. I DID crave a cig - but just did something else for a few minutes instead. The first few days I was doing "something else" almost continuously (with a slight headache and a fuzzy brain function)! But as the days progressed the need for active thought about quitting lessened - the achy head disappeared and the brain function sharpened. It does get easier. And as your body heals and your taste buds actually start functioning again - and your sense of smell returns - well it is just further incentive. And you start feeling better. The walk up a flight of stairs happens with little or no shortness of breath . . . and gosh - was that actually a bounce in my step UP the stairs?!? Would one cigarette be worth going back to how crappy I used to feel? Don't think so! I actually find myself intolerant of smoke now. The smell nauseates me. And the irritation of the 2nd hand smoke irritates my throat and causes coughing. I swore I would not be one of those born-again nonsmokers toward my friends who still smoke - I try . . . I don't complain but the coughing and red eyes give me away!

PLEASE - keep trying! YOUR life is worth it! Ask a loved one - ask me! Each time you try to quit, it will get a bit easier and then all of a sudden you just know that now is the time - and it will happen. Go for it! Add minutes, weeks, months and years to your life!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-06, 17:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/167/155 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Thanks for the encouragement! Today is only my 2nd day and I keep reaching for them even though they're not there -- I too have smoked for (at least) 30 years. If you can do it so can I --- YEA TEAM!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-06, 23:29

Plan: Bernstein, M&E
Stats: 179/163.3/118 Female 5'4'
BF:2darnmuch
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up

I smoked for 40 years. Never thought I would be able to quit. I did. And if I can quit, anyone can.

Time Smoke-Free: 87 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes and 51 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 3519
Lifetime Saved: 26 days, 21 hours
Money Saved: $712.80
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-06, 08:47

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 160/160/135 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress:

Keep up the GREAT work! What you are doing is more important than anything else in your world at this moment. It is a breath of life. Go for it - you ARE doing it!