Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/213/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Default Thinslim Foods

Has anyone tried Slim thin Foods products? I really want to try the Bread and Cinnamon Bread first, but, it is kind of pricey so I wanted to get opinions before purchasing. I am new to low carb dieting and think I am doing pretty good. Will those products stall me even though they are very low in carbs?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 12:59

Plan: don't know!
Stats: 150/150/115
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yes. I was their poster girl for years I usually go with the lower calorie option, but I eat their cinnamon bagels and brownies daily. A bit miffed they've discontinued some of their squares, but I'll survive. If you try them, I hope you enjoy!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 13:08

BF:
Progress:

Does the bread mold quickly? I have read reviews on their Facebook page that it molded faster than other bread. If so, would it be better off keeping it in the freezer and just take out what needed?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 13:15

BF:

Exactly - most low carb baked goods will mold quickly - I freeze mine on receipt, and only keep in the fridge for a few days...
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 13:44

BF:
Progress:

Thanks, I will definitely give them a shot!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 16:04

BF:

Just thought, you might want to try the sampler pack...I will say that though most of the time, the bagels are consistent, you can sometimes tell the difference from batch to batch (been doing this a long time!!)...having a sampling might also help you get an idea of what you enjoy. Anyway, good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 20:02

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgirl2
Just thought, you might want to try the sampler pack...I will say that though most of the time, the bagels are consistent, you can sometimes tell the difference from batch to batch (been doing this a long time!!)...having a sampling might also help you get an idea of what you enjoy. Anyway, good luck!

Thanks, I also found netrition.com that also has a lot of options on there as well as the thinslim products at the same price. Hopefully, I can try out some stuff in a few weeks. So far I am sticking to low carbs, I am a very picky eater and do not like many veggies. I've tried to force myself but just cant bring myself to like most. So adding different things like the low carb snacks and bread might help me stay focused so I will not be eating same foods over and over. On that site I found some low carb "bisquick" called Carbquick. Just sucks all this stuff is pricey when on a low budget
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-17, 07:09

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolley
Has anyone tried Slim thin Foods products? I really want to try the Bread and Cinnamon Bread first, but, it is kind of pricey so I wanted to get opinions before purchasing. I am new to low carb dieting and think I am doing pretty good. Will those products stall me even though they are very low in carbs?

Welcome

They are not very low in carbs, a bagel has 16g, so they may stall you, but you will have to determine that for yourself. Even the New Atkins plan, that allows for use of net carbs, requires that 15 of the 20g carb limit come from "Foundation Vegetables". Add in some egg, cheese and other allowed dairy carbs, there is no room for products like this, but you may be following a more liberal version of LC. This is a popular Atkins plan on this forum:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482

Some more info: https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight#3

Let us know more about your goals and questions the "introduce yourself" forum, and other members will try to help. But Just Eat Real Food and you will find that LC costs no more than "normal". We have lots of budget ideas too.
All the best