Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#466   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 12:51

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

I love the fact that I can stand up straight and pull my stomach in without effort!

I have been prancing around the house today feeling so much lighter. DH just shakes his head!
Sponsored Links
  #467   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 17:25
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
I love the fact that I can stand up straight and pull my stomach in without effort!

I have been prancing around the house today feeling so much lighter. DH just shakes his head!

You brought a smile to my face reading this. reminding me of something else I am loving... Is I am freer with my hips.

I dance around the house way more. And I feel so much more comfortable with my body. I can now sawy my hips with the music freely. Such a terrific feeling!

Got my hubby to dance with me this weekend. I just grabbed him and said come on (he doesn't dance). But I was dancing with him. turning around and butt dancing to his body and twirling just having a ton of fun! Well atleast I was. I am sure he wondered what happened to his wife Or what was I on.

I will pick up my dogs and dance with them
  #468   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 17:37

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
I am sure he wondered what happened to his wife Or what was I on.

My husband wonders, too! I don't even try to get him to dance, but I'm bouncing to my oldies - some of which I actually remember the words to!

He is having a bit of trouble adjusting to my increased energy & strength. Today I helped him in the woods getting our firewood in. Never was able to help much in that department before. It's fun to be useful!
  #469   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 18:43
Triple digit loss

BF:
Default comparison

So I went to buy not a lot buy a few new undies...

Here is the comparison in size...

Big difference...

I loved the fact I could buy more of a bikini undy and not a brief undy.

Whooo Hoooo!!!
  #470   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 18:46
Triple digit loss

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
My husband wonders, too! I don't even try to get him to dance, but I'm bouncing to my oldies - some of which I actually remember the words to!

He is having a bit of trouble adjusting to my increased energy & strength. Today I helped him in the woods getting our firewood in. Never was able to help much in that department before. It's fun to be useful!

I am so glad to hear you are enjoying yourself more I find it feels so good to dance around. And to run around! Race my dogs up the steps. Chase them around now. Dogs are like what the heck you can actually come after us know when we are playing keep away.

I actually know have more energy than my hubby. Which is the way it used to be before I gained all my weight...
  #471   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 19:33
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Energy is a big one for me, too. I'm still lugging around a lot of extra weight and I still feel great. The more I lose, the younger and more energetic I feel. I can't imagine how much better it will be when I'm at 81% of my weight loss journey as you are. You must feel like a kid again.
  #472   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 20:15

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
Got my hubby to dance with me this weekend. I just grabbed him and said come on (he doesn't dance). But I was dancing with him. turning around and butt dancing to his body and twirling just having a ton of fun! Well atleast I was. I am sure he wondered what happened to his wife Or what was I on.
I do that to my hubby, too! It would be great if he danced. He says he doesn't have a sense of rhythm but he used to play the piano and trombone so he must have some sense of it.
  #473   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-14, 16:57
Triple digit loss

BF:

Jann, my hubby says that too. Used to be in the marching band...

And I think they may have rhythm just not connected to their body

Eitherway, I was happy I got him to dance. He was wanting to do slow dance. But I got him to shake his butt a little with me...

It was a lot of fun! Love dancing around
  #474   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-14, 11:21

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Shew-weeee! It's so freaking hot and HUMID here in FL, we could not do without our A/C! But it's nice, to not have such big rolls of fat as before, that used to get all sweaty and smelly in this hot weather! Truth be told!! Those rolls DO smell bad!

Also, it's really nice now to be able to sit on the floor "Indian style."

AND to be able to sit on the floor and pull my knees up to my chest and hug them! I can sit like that now, WOW!

Still got belly to lose, fat thighs to lose, but for the most part, 62lbs made a huge difference to this 5'4" woman who started at 244 lbs! 182 and working my way down still.....

I knew I HAD to do something when I literally had to LIFT my bell up to wipe myself and it was nearly impossible to wipe from the back, my God, that is so awful! A woman shouldn't wipe from the front---sorry guys, I know, TMI!!---but it IS the awful and honest truth--we can easily get UTI's doing it wrong! But when your belly is so big, and you can twist around to wipe your butt and you have to lift your fat belly to wipe anything at all, IT IS TIME TO GET REAL WITH YOURSELF AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! Right, ladies?! Am I telling the truth, or what?!!
  #475   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-14, 09:37
Triple digit loss

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly B
Shew-weeee! It's so freaking hot and HUMID here in FL, we could not do without our A/C! But it's nice, to not have such big rolls of fat as before, that used to get all sweaty and smelly in this hot weather! Truth be told!! Those rolls DO smell bad!

Also, it's really nice now to be able to sit on the floor "Indian style."

AND to be able to sit on the floor and pull my knees up to my chest and hug them! I can sit like that now, WOW!

Still got belly to lose, fat thighs to lose, but for the most part, 62lbs made a huge difference to this 5'4" woman who started at 244 lbs! 182 and working my way down still.....

I knew I HAD to do something when I literally had to LIFT my bell up to wipe myself and it was nearly impossible to wipe from the back, my God, that is so awful! A woman shouldn't wipe from the front---sorry guys, I know, TMI!!---but it IS the awful and honest truth--we can easily get UTI's doing it wrong! But when your belly is so big, and you can twist around to wipe your butt and you have to lift your fat belly to wipe anything at all, IT IS TIME TO GET REAL WITH YOURSELF AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! Right, ladies?! Am I telling the truth, or what?!!

You are funny Such terrific news

I am so happy you are loving the new loss and finding things to celebrate!!!
  #476   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-14, 12:10

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Realized too that now when I walk past a chair, I don't hit it with my hips anymore!

I know it sounds like the strangest thing....hitting a chair with your hips, right? But trust me....it started to happen, that my hip would hit the chairs in our house, and that is when I started to realize that I was widening....

Now I noticed since I'm thinking about it, that it hasn't happened in months now! Small victories!
  #477   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-14, 12:21
Triple digit loss

BF:

Haha Molly! That makes total sense to me...

Or that you don't have to suck in your gut and try to squeeze by...

Although I can't squeeze my boobies in!...

I love it when those lightbulbs go off...

Happy Dancing with you to your terrific success!!!!

Down 55 and ONLY 19 to go...

Congratulations and keep up the happy dancing!!! Makes all the difference
  #478   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-14, 18:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

One of the things I love is this thread.
  #479   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-14, 07:39
Triple digit loss

BF:

You are sweet inflammabl... I love coming to this thread and reading everybodys happy realizations as they loose weight...

I am so glad people joined me doing this. It helps so much...

Hey you broke the 225 threshhold! Congrats....

I been bouncing around 208-213 the last month... but that is okay. I know I am going to get it I have no doubt!

Heading on the way down again...
  #480   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-14, 07:50
Triple digit loss

BF:

God I just love everything... Went out again last night to see grease at the theater...I love going out not worrying about booth size, bathroom stall size, theater seat size.

Most of all I just love between my spiritual practice and my weight loss a fuller connection with my body.

I never, and I mean never been able to move my hips to a rhythm even when I was a skinny child.

I am forever grateful for the weight gain. Yes I did say that.. You know why because even skinny I wasn't connected to my body. the weight gain and this loss has allowed me to come to be connected to my body, to appreciate the vessel that I am is living in.

To really desire to be connected to my body, and feel how it is no matter how it is perceived...

And the fact is, I love being skinny... Not because of society but because I am lighter and feel like a lesser load or burden I am carrying. Giving me more space to have fun in this life and to live this life.

I was so limited before. I am still limited somewhat cause of other health issues. But I am having more fun.

And the BEST is dancing and literally moving my hips in concert with the rhythm of the music.

Weight gain and weight loss for me gave more than a plus or minus opportunity. It gave me the opportunity to know myself on a more intimate level, whether it was physical, emotional, mental or spiritual. It was one of many catalyst that allowed me to become happier, more peaceful and have a greater understanding about myself and how I operate in life.

I love love moving my hips to music and walking tall and proud for who I have and am becoming on all levels