Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 452/442/160 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Hi Everyone

Hi all.

I started my new low-carb life a week ago and everything seems to be going well so far. After battling thru excessive health issues over the last few years and realizing that I've been wasting my life away, I decided enough was enough.

I'm in my mid-30s and currently weigh 442lbs, but have lost 10lbs over the past 10 days. My sugar cravings kicked in last week and that's when I stumbled across this group. Reading your success stories and challenges helped distract me from my cravings and reaffirm that I can do this.

A little back story: When I was a teenager I injured my back and it's never been the same. I would always go thru extended periods of low pain and severe pain which caused my weight to fluctuate quite a bit each year. By the time I hit my late-20s the severe pain became the norm and I started packing on weight very quickly. Being the stubborn person that I am, every summer I attempted to lose weight via exercise and predictably caused further injuries to my back which would expedite my weight gain. I tried a few diets over the past few months and this is the first that has really clicked for me.

Anywho, I'll try to start using the features of the site over the next few weeks and begin recording my progress.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 16:24

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 279.5/178/199 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 126%

Frostie,

Welcome to the forum. I am so happy you found this way of eating (WOE) and especially this forum. I have been on a low carb plan (Atkins Induction) since Feb. There are a lot of experienced folks on this forum to learn from. I recommend starting a journal, it really helps me.

You should be proud of yourself for starting this healthier WOE now (I am in my mid 50s and wish I had at your age). It is the best thing you can do for yourself. Looking forward to hearing about your successes to come.

Have a great week.

Kathy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 17:22

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hey ya Frostie. There is a way back from the body that has been created by eating the wrong stuff for a long time. The way back also takes time. So, take your time, read up, ask questions.

You have an opportunity here to help yourself get well.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 17:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome friend! There's so much support and knowledge here. Glad you found your way to a healing way of eating.

As well as asking questions and reading others' journals, use the search function for topics that have been covered in depth in the past. I've learned so much that is keeping me going.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 19:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Welcome, you have come to the right place, we are happy to have you among us.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 07:11
Wheat Kills!

Plan: VLCHF
Stats: 393/296/230 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hey Frostie,

I'm new with ya! I started Low Carb about 11 weeks ago and only a couple days in with this forum...been quite a ride!

IMO, you have picked an excellant Way of Eating (WOE)...(I never use the word 'diet', cause diet is temporary!) Part of the benefits of Low Carb is that you can eat CALORIES! Which is important here, since your inabillity to excercise would wreck havoc on your metobolism with some other WOE.

Also LCHF is nature's way of feeding your brain and other vital fuctions using the Fat you have already stored! So your metobolism should remain relativly stable!

The cool thing is 'Big Boned' Guys like us really won't need to exercise at first to see results from this WOE. So drop some pounds first, reduce that inflamation with the removal of the poisons that wheat produces, and who knows, you might be turning hand springs before you know it!

Looking forward to chatting with you,
Blessings,
Don
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-12-17, 11:00

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Welcome and good luck! This is a fantastic place with amazing people. They inspire, educate and support you. It's a long process, but well worth the effort and the ride.