Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-13, 07:36

Plan: ???
Stats: 163/146/138 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Anyone from the uk just starting Atkins induction?

I will post in the Atkins area as well, just wondered if anyone on here was just starting a 20g carb regime and fancied buddying up?

I have low curbed on and off for years. But when I say low carb I only ever meant not eating wheat products, I honestly had no idea how many carbs are in fruit and vegetables until the last few days!!!

I successfully lost a stone with Slimming World following their Original plan and hit target. But I want to try and lose another 7 lbs and think to do so I need to reign the carbs in. So my plan is two weeks of Atkins induction to see if I can kick start some fat burning and then long term I'm going to try and find a sweet carb spot between 50 and 100g.

So far I am on day 2 induction and felt shocking this morning, bit better this afternoon.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-13, 08:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

A forum I have enjoyed is Pigs2Twigs site, most members are in the U.K. so you can talk stones and Km more easily. Plus the recipes are usually metric.

I read "Neris & India's Fool Proof Diet" back in 2008 and that's the forum that developed from their work. Now I'm a bit more comfy with a forum on this side of the pond, as I am in Canada.

Caroxx
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-13, 12:00

Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sorry, I meant "idiot proof". Just goes to show ...
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-14, 11:24

Stats: 154/148/133 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hiya, Just wondered how you are getting on, Im just getting my head around the induction part. Ive being doing a low carb diet for about 4 weeks but havent lost any weight really. So Ive just brought the Atkins Revolution book, trying to read it as quick as I can. Needless to say, I can see where I was going wrong ;-)
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-14, 04:01

Stats: 181/171/147 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

I started on 14th April I was doing it wrong though but still lost. So re induction this week and cheated once (didn't gain though). I seem to be rubbish at this sticking to a plan so need support or someone to say put the chocolate down!! Will try much harder this week!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-23-14, 02:12

Stats: 225/216/160 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi, I started on 1st May and have lost 9lb. Maintained this week though. Good luck to you :-)