Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 06:40
Registered Member

Plan: the Zone
Stats: 110/110/110
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Mila_what protein sources are allowed on the fat flush plan?

Would you be able to give me a basic summary of the plan?Is a combination of a whey/soy protein powder permitted or is it best to use a 100%whey protein powder?I have found your posts to be extremely helpful and informative regarding the low carb lifestyle.Are you my height-5"3ish?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 06:47

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Marty, whenever someone is interested in following any particular plan, be it LC or not, it is always our policy here to advise that they read the book. Information gleened from secondary sources is not sufficient. Following Atkins based on what you read on this forum isn't advised, nor is following the FFP based on what one member tells you. When you are dealing with something as precious as your health you should have all the information available at your fingertips.

I am sure your local Chapters (or library) has a copy of FFP, Marty.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 07:32

Plan: Fat Flush Plan (Zone)
Stats: 249/133/115
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi Marty! how are you today?

the fat flush is the zone plan (40:30:30) with several modifications. for example, there is no requirement for perfect 40:30:30 balancing of each meal or snack, like in dr. sears's zone. one only should have an approximate 40:30:30 breakdown by the end of the day. so, you can have protein, e.g. eggs without additional carbs from veggies, or carbs, i.e. fruit without protein and fat for a snack, etc. for a maximum weight loss only favorable carb sources are allowed: veggies and lowglycemic fruits. no dairy products on the fat loss stage, only for maintenance. no salt whatsoever to reduce waterlogging, salt is allowed on maintenance. cranberry juice, minimum 1 cup per day, and psyllum husks, minimum 2 tsp daily, for additional weight loss associated with lymphatic and intestinal cleansing are the must. the only vinegar allowed is apple cider vinegar in order to control Candida, etc. the main sourse of omega-3's in the fat flush is flax: flaxoil and flaxmeal, not fish oil, which is regrettable and inefficient, of course, but necessary, since the fat flush doesn't include olive oil or nuts, flax oil becomes the oil in your salads. there is a huge amount of GLA recommended for daily intake, about 400mg from black currant oil daily, for example, vs 50mg per week in the zone. some of it to compensate for absence of oatmeal in the diet, but mostly for an enhanced bodyfat loss. again, regrettably, Gittleman doesn't tell us about the spillover effect that happens in some people, it happened to me after the initial first week bliss on it, my body manufactured an excessive amount of arachidonic acid from GLA and I got skin inflammation. to read more about the spillover effect of excessive GLA supplementation see dr.Sears's book Omega Rx Zone.

definitely, reading the book will enlighten you on many aspects of weight loss that you may have missed so far. some places sell it cheaper that others: Chapters for $35, Costco for $19, etc. and then there is always the library, although I haven't checked ours for that title since the book is fairly new (2002).

soy protein powder is not recommended for the reasons I mentioned in your thread about protein powders, although the links by Nat are excellent in that regard as well and leave it to you to decide whom to believe. I wouldn't have soy protein drink even in the evening, since I practice full 11hrs fasts somewhere between 9PM and 8AM to boost HGH and I use whey mostly not as a meal substitute but for after workouts protein delivery, which has to be quick. tofu and/or tempeh are permitted only up to 2 times per week on the fat flush plan.

I am exactly 5'3", just like you

hugs,
Mila
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 10:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
soy protein powder is not recommended for the reasons I mentioned in your thread about protein powders, although the links by Nat are excellent in that regard as well and leave it to you to decide whom to believe.

Unfortunately, Marty, it is not a simple matter of who "you believe". It is a matter of fact, as put forth by the Journal of American Diet Assoc., the Archives of Internal Medicine and the Biomedical Journal, not just my opinion.

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 14:28
Registered Member

Plan: the Zone
Stats: 110/110/110
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thank you Mila for Fat Flush info...

I really appreciate your taking the time to write such a helpful post to me!Hope you have a great Fat Flush Plan /Zone day!