Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 16:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/170/160
BF:don't know
Progress: 60%
Angry Ross Chocolates on EBay

I oredered some Ross chocolates from EBay for my Mom and when I received them they were all spotted and old. The wrappers on them were one of the first wrappers ever put onto these bars(which Ross Chocolates told me when I phoned them). So I am here to say DO NOT buy Ross Chocolates on EBay because they are old and the people are just trying to get rid of them. I did not order from all of the offers but the one I did really sucked

Faithfully Yours,
Tim
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 16:47

Plan: Atkins-general low carb
Stats: //150
BF:to much *LOL*
Progress: 12%
I was thinking abt buying some low carb bars off of Ebay, but i wasn't all that sure.I was afraid that would have been the case with what ever i bought.So thank you for letting us know abt what happened,and myself will not buy anything like that on Ebay!!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:08

Wink

No problem Jen, I thought I would let everyone know so that they wouldn't have to go through the same thing that I had to. I'm glad I could help

Tim
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 14:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default Re: Ross Chocolates on EBay

Quote:
Originally posted by TimmyThang
I oredered some Ross chocolates from EBay for my Mom and when I received them they were all spotted and old. The wrappers on them were one of the first wrappers ever put onto these bars(which Ross Chocolates told me when I phoned them). So I am here to say DO NOT buy Ross Chocolates on EBay because they are old and the people are just trying to get rid of them. I did not order from all of the offers but the one I did really sucked

Faithfully Yours,
Tim

Tim, if there are a lot of sellers on EBay, you might consider being very specific about the one that provided bad service.

Also, did you lay a complaint with EBay? They take their reputation very seriously.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 12:10

Red face

There wasn't that many selling on EBay but unfortunatly I am a first time buyer of EBay and I am not very experienced with all of the Red Tape, but I do know now that I can complain about the service of certian sellers, but really, I contacted the source of the chocolates which is Ross and they said that there is no way that a person could make a profit off of selling this product at the prices they do, because they have locked prices for the market. So either they are the nicest people in the world and they don't need to make a profit on selling their products or they are just trying to get rid of them and make some money on the way out.

Thanks,
Tim
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 16:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Wow, that is really surprising because I bought some Ross bars off of E-bay and they were great. Sorry to hear about your experience I have been buying and selling on e-bay about a year with no bad experiences to report. Maybe you should contact the seller and let that person know how dissatisfied you are. Also leaving feedback on e-bay is your voice. No seller on e-bay wants negative feedback.

Just had to put my 2 cents in.

JoAnn
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 17:39

Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

I am a very active seller on ebay, in fact i do it as a business, and from experience, a large percentage of high volume sellers, sell surplus and clearance items they get from distributers. Any seller who is selling large amounts of low carb products, usualy gets them from a surplus dealer for pennies b/c the expiration date has passed - so be sure to ask about that before you buy
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 18:35

Stats: 218/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Good advice, thanks. I can testify to buying some Atkins bars on there and I took one bite and had to throw it away, I did look of expiration date on the wrapper but could not find one. It makes me think that maybe it wasn't the bar that was soooooo bad but the bar was soooo outdated it had lost all flavor.

In the future I will be very careful buying food products on e-bay. I usually try to buy direct from manufacture, but sometimes the prices are just too good.

That old saying if its too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

JoAnn
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 00:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally posted by TimmyThang
There wasn't that many selling on EBay but unfortunatly I am a first time buyer of EBay and I am not very experienced with all of the Red Tape, but I do know now that I can complain about the service of certian sellers, but really, I contacted the source of the chocolates which is Ross and they said that there is no way that a person could make a profit off of selling this product at the prices they do, because they have locked prices for the market. So either they are the nicest people in the world and they don't need to make a profit on selling their products or they are just trying to get rid of them and make some money on the way out.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim, Ross Chocolates (the maker) doesn't sell on EBay, they only sell wholesale. They were trying to help you out with info on only needing to buy from qualified sellers (online OR street stores) because the price isn't usually that high.

If you have a complaint about the seller on EBay, you actually have to make the complaint to EBay and name the actual seller (whoever you made out your payment to).

Hope this helps.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:32

I understand that Ross does not sell on EBay, that's not what I said. What I was saying is that Ross sells to the market at set prices and if someone is seling them for less than what it is introduced to the market at then they would be very kind people for selling for less than what they actually buy them for. So this would mean that they make no profit off of there product. I was just trying to let people know that I wasn't impressed with the product I received and I didn't mean not to buy from anyone on EBay, I just wanted people to be cautious. I am working on getting the information from EBay on the seller and I am complaining to them so that they can do what is right. It makes me wonder why this would be such a big concern to you unless you actually sell on EBay and have a little business on the side of your information site.????

Eat Drink and Be Merry
Tim