Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-16, 22:39
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Carb Nite Solutions~ Anyone Doing This?

Hello. I have been a 1972/1992 hard core Dr Atkins advocate for decades and now have become interested in the CARB NITE SOLUTION plan. It is very much like the ultra low carb.. under 30 grams of carbs but has good arguements for the off night carb loading.
I for one began this yesterday and would love to hear from anyone else that has been on this or would like to join me.
It seems to have a lot of merit.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-16, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:

do not know why... I did have lots of water leaving me.. but I dropped 4.2 pounds in the one day. Really did. The author of the book says to go by measurements not the scale alone. I took mine this morning. Never did that before but this is a new deal so going by the book for the best results
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-16, 12:45

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I'm following this plan. I first discovered last January. Did really well. Notice lots of changes in my body shape/size. Then fell off for probably the last half of the year. Back on plan as of January 3 and loving it.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-16, 16:44
Registered Member

BF:

Hi LIANNE ~ that is wonderful to hear! My good friend CHELLE has been following this and loves it as well. It does seem to have all the things I feel I need. If we ever got enough here we could do a really great support team. I have asked my A-TEAM if they would be interested in adding this plan to our team. I would hope so. They are fantastic..a real motivational group.
I know that this plan really changes the inches for some reason and guess it is the ultra fat dumping and not so much the reilling for a long time as in other plans.
I weigh daily and will check inches weekly as well!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-16, 17:32
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

I've been concerned with my lack of success and started looking for alternatives.

Last week I read a couple of Matt Stone's books meant to help raise BMR, and came across this thread today. I also found a free pdf of the first 56 pages of CNS and read them.

Today was my 5th day of eating off plan and taking my body temp (trying to raise it), but Stone doesn't embrace LC or any other diet plan for that matter, and I've been LCHF for so long that other dietary plans make me uncomfortable.

I'm willing to give it a go. Question: eat Atkins induction for 9 days and then have a carb nite? Then return to LCHF on day 10? Is that all I need to know?
g
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-16, 20:43
Registered Member

BF:

oh not so simple Glenda..you can do the fundimentals.. beef, poultry fish, eggs, cheese etc.. and even more that is fine on the CNS plan.. but that will get you going for sure.Less than 30 carbs. Veggies are encouraged and deduct the fiber for them. No sugar alcohols at all... and watch the bulk sweeteners.. stay with the liquid version of stevia of sucralose. On day 10 in the evening you start carb loading.you have a protein but enjoy rice, pasta, cakes. cheese cake, cobbler whatever. Spread it out over 6-8 hours..can have a midnight snack as well. THEN back to the simple life. You should get the full book.It has the foods in the ways they should be considered. Similar but different and more liberal in many ways. He simplified the basics too.Marked foods with F,F+. P.P+.. so, you can balance out your foods with one of each type! How easy can you get
DOES this help??
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-16, 20:51
Doing My Best

Thanks for the update. I'll get the book. Sigh.
I don't recall seeing 6-8 hr. carb loading window. That seems like a long time spread. I don't see how I'll be able to remain in ketosis with that big a window. We'll see, won't we?
g
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-16, 23:21
Registered Member

BF:

the book explains it quite well. It regulates your homones to burn the fat.. they become depleted and that is why some much of the time we find slow to no losses.... it is more important to trigger these than anything else. I have often gone off for one large carb binge meal and have stayed in ketosis.. but of course had that water flux! Accordingto your stat line, you have not had a lot to lose and are so close to where you want to be. The less there is the slower the losses are anyway.. so stick to it and I BET that you will be successful! AND I AM GOING DOWN THAT ROAD RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU TOO!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-16, 23:30
Registered Member

BF:

tomorrow I go shopping for a few foods to add to my menu. Romaine lettuce and blue cheese dressing !! Pumpkin seeds and i will buy my things to have for carb nite on the 18th. I plan on starting at about 5pm...I love pancakes so a stack of them with fried eggs and Canadian bacon for dinner... will have some ice cream on apple pie! Home made of course!!! Better get out my recipe book for the pie to see which I want.. we have a blueberry farm and I still have some blueberry syrup to use on the pancakes! Come harvest I will make pies and pound cakes to have.late night snack is popcorn! THIS I CAN ENJOY and the science behind this makes perfect sense. It has to work. Body builders are doing this..
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-16, 08:17
Doing My Best

Default Day 1 ULC

While waiting for the book to arrive, I'm using my Atkins 1972 book to return to induction. Today is Day 1 ULC.

Some history:
My highest weight came with my pregnancy in 1972 at 170 lbs. I'm only 5'2" so even though my fat is evenly distributed, it is still high. I had a contract to play the role of Maria in the German premiere of West Side Story and only 6 months to drop the baby weight. The Atkins book had just come out and I combined that with dance rehearsals and breast feeding and satisfied the producers. The rest of my life was spent doing everything possible to avoid getting back up to the 170.

I think I've managed to lower my set point to 150, although I got down to 145 last summer. Being older, I don't want to lose muscle mass and get more wrinkled. I walk every morning before dawn for a minimum of 2 miles to keep my bones strong and my body in motion and do yoga stretching for flexibility, throwing in old-lady planking for the humility factor. Last year I walked 1000 miles.

I don't log my food. I eat simple, real food and when I'm in ketosis I'm never hungry. That's why I get metabolically stuck. "Eat only when hungry and stop when full" leads me down the rabbit hole to lower BMR and I want to use CNS to reverse that.
g
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-16, 13:03

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Attached is a summary. Bear in mind that the book was written about 11 years ago. A new version is supposed to be coming --- but we've been waiting a long time.

Initially he said to only do CNS for 6 months, now that has been changed and you can do it forever if you want.

There are lots of excellent videos and podcasts with respect to CNS. There are also some great support groups in FB.

It would be nice to get a group together here.

I am only weighing the morning of my Carb Nite.

Update: The attached extract is taken from The Carb Nite Solution by John Kiefer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Summary.pdf (23.5 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by Leezlelee : Fri, Feb-12-16 at 07:33.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-16, 13:10
Registered Member

BF:

CNS will create the fat burning and keep it going. Once you read the entire book it will make sense to you and not to fear the loss of ketosis... you WILL get fat gone in high gear. My carbs are much lower than the 30, but i am following the food exhanges as they are so simple and clear cut. It took a few goings over the cahrts to see how easy it is. They have a chart to take shopping to figure out which foods are F or P but this is not rocket science..... if the proteins are higher than the fats then it is P and visa versa... no need to have a chart...calories do not count but I am usually very low on those anyway except for my heavy cream!!! Usually I am under 800 cals and do not ever care if I go WAYYYY up. I have always done carb cycling.. going up on carbs and down on calories for a few days then high fats and calories and very low on the carbs. Shakes things up. NEED to track the foods though.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-16, 13:11
Doing My Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezlelee
Attached is a summary. Bear in mind that the book was written about 11 years ago. A new version is supposed to be coming --- but we've been waiting a long time.

Initially he said to only do CNS for 6 months, now that has been changed and you can do it forever if you want.

There are lots of excellent videos and podcasts with respect to CNS. There are also some great support groups in FB.

It would be nice to get a group together here.

I am only weighing the morning of my Carb Nite.
Thanks, Lianne. I'd like your advice, since you've got experience...
I usually get up at 3:30 am. This means that my day ends at 8:30pm. If that were your schedule, what time would you start eating on carb nite?

I was doing some research this morning and came across an interesting explanation by Kiefer of why some women might have trouble with the plan.

http://athlete.io/5302/kiefer-qa-th...tion-for-women/ What do you think?
g
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-16, 13:16
Registered Member

BF:

Hi LIANNE.. we posted together LOL...I just got my copy and figures it is the older one. SO, now we continue forever.. fine with me. That is how I maintained the 190 pound loss for decades! Stay on plan and then one meal off. Not much different with this plan except for the knowledge now is there.. before it was just plain try and see days.
I think THIS IS the start of a group LOL!!! I have problems with FB so not going there.. My pal CHELL is there though! She was going to post my name etc but I have enought with this place. I have the A-TEAM and love those guys.
I weigh daily. Knowing how your body trends is important and you get to know what to expect. Water weight gains are normal. Water replaces fats in the cells while healing.. eventually more water is lost.. so there is that flux. The degree of color is not important if the sticks are used. Cannot be a little pregnany
I can post my articles on the flux etc if you want them.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-16, 18:27
Registered Member

BF:

GLENDA.. the book has all the info in iot Your start of the dinner goes 6-8 hours so just back it down to your meal time. For you it starts at a lunch time.. ALL in the book. Been learning this plan dor a while from CHELLE.. she was corect that all the info is in the book and easy to read and fast!

LIANNNE.. I am not sure, but I do think we need to give credit to our C&P posts etc. This place came down on me ages ago for that.

Tonight I had small portion of steak with worstershire sauce.yummy. It was very tender but I will call it a protein. I can see now that I WILL have to go on Fitday to get specific info not given for foods in the charts. I had bacon fat with the fried eggs this morning and plenty of HC in my coffee and tea so fat is well covered! Dislike the guessing and the author does have portion amounts so they need to be kept track of I think.
Have a great night!
Closed Thread