Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-31-11, 19:21

Plan: LOOKING FOR A PLAN
Stats: 239/183/165 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes I have that
Progress: 76%

yes it is myrt it is!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-11, 20:32

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 200/201/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -2%

You can have n.y.strip on simply filling, it's one of the power foods and you are incurraged to eat from the power foods list.
It's posted on line and you can get the handout at the meetings. I went to a meeting last saturday to get the new booklets as I'm thinking of following it at some point.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-11, 11:02
Never Give Up!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/139/140 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I am doing WW points plus. I previously lost 60 pounds on Atkin, but over the past year almost 20 of those pounds have crept back, which is why I joined WW about a month ago. I realized I cannot lose weight on Atkin unless I use portion control and count calories. WW is perfect for me and my lifestyle. So far I have lost 13 pounds, which is actually faster than I ever lost on Atkins. I still do low carb though, I make low Carb choices when it comes to points. Besides, the new program takes carbs and fiber into account, so lower carb/higher fiber foods are lower in points, and highly processed/sugary foods are very high in points. So if you are doing it correctly and using points wisely, you will be eating low Carb.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-11, 05:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/GI
Stats: 235/212.7/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

I totally agree that the new WW Points Plus program is much better than the former program. Good for you for finding a program that works for you. I'm 66 now, and I've found at different ages in my life, different programs have worked better for me. We are all so individual, and I don't believe there's a one-size-fits-all diet. Personally, I tend to kinda burn out counting, counting, counting all the time, and my focus always seems to be on food and what I'm going to eat next. That's why I prefer the Simply Filling technique. Before I do my grocery shopping for the week, I write down ideas for meals (breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks) that I can choose from and then prep my shopping list. That way there's not so much focus on a strict plan for each and every day, but I've got ideas lined up that I can choose from as the spirit moves me on any particular day.
Sharon
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-11, 20:51

BF:

I've already made up my mind to rejoin this saturday. If I see another egg I think I'm going to scream. I can't wait to have a bowl of cold cereal and soy milk again. And of course fruit! and I really miss butternut squash, theres a soup I make with baby carrots , butternut squash and angelia herbs. I't sooo good! and
0 points!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 05:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/GI
Stats: 235/212.7/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Gpod for you, catcookie! When I was a member of WW, I found point counting was very helpful at first, particularly with portion control, but after a while I burned out with the counting. That's when I switched to Simply Filling, the former WW Core program. When that got a little old, I switched back to counting. Good luck!
Sharon
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-11, 18:46

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

Sometimes I just don't know what to do. We're on our summer vacation in our RV and I still have frozen leftovers which is really nice. I didn't bring any of my WW materials with me but I could go to a meeting and get the freebees. I don't have to rejoin because I'm a Lifetime. I have my weigh in book with me. My sister doesn't go anymore because she's happy with the SparkPeople sight and does SouthBeach. She says that program has solved her weight problem. I just can't eat hardly any grains but I do eat rye crackers, some root veggies and a few berries. I have fructose malabsorption and if you'll look it up on the internet, it's a very interesting condition. Wikepedia has the best explanation I think. There's so many things I can't eat. I can tolerate a few strawberries that are fresh and not ripe. No blackberries, no blueberries but I can have 1-2 slices of pineapple packed in it's own juice. Most meat is OK except lamb. I eat it once or twice a year. Well enough of my ranting for today. myrt
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-11, 07:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcookie
You can have n.y.strip on simply filling, it's one of the power foods and you are incurraged to eat from the power foods list.
It's posted on line and you can get the handout at the meetings. I went to a meeting last saturday to get the new booklets as I'm thinking of following it at some point.

Yipes! I meant Incourage to eat from the power foods list.

I need spell check.

Last edited by catcookie : Fri, Jun-10-11 at 07:30. Reason: mispelling
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-11, 09:11
Registered Member

Plan: LC
Stats: 148/123/115 Female 5' 1''
BF:
Progress: 76%

I think the word you are looking for is encourage
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 18:32

BF:

Cat--Did you get the n ew booklets? If so, how are you doing with it? Does it give quantities or do you just it till you're 'full' whatever that is.
So far on this trip I'm doing OK. We're in Las Vegas for a week to visit relatives. We don't care anything about gambling. DH said that while here he doesn't want to go out to eat at suppertime AT ALL. We're planning to go to the buffet at Sam's Town once at noon and maybe one other sit down meal. I've had one dessert since we left home so I'm doing good on that so far. There must be plenty of WW locations here in Vegas but I'd like to hear your experience first (and anyone else's for that matter. myrt
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-11, 14:26

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennr44
I think the word you are looking for is encourage

I'm hanging my head in shame now.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-11, 14:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt4930
Cat--Did you get the n ew booklets? If so, how are you doing with it? Does it give quantities or do you just it till you're 'full' whatever that is.
So far on this trip I'm doing OK. We're in Las Vegas for a week to visit relatives. We don't care anything about gambling. DH said that while here he doesn't want to go out to eat at suppertime AT ALL. We're planning to go to the buffet at Sam's Town once at noon and maybe one other sit down meal. I've had one dessert since we left home so I'm doing good on that so far. There must be plenty of WW locations here in Vegas but I'd like to hear your experience first (and anyone else's for that matter. myrt

Yes, Simply Filling is like Core in that you don't track the power foods just
the nonpower foods. I've been eating mainly low carb still but I'm going
to start to add in more foods because I feel I need more variety in my diet. and I can't see going all summer without peaches,plums nectarines and watermelon.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-11, 16:11

BF:

I'm with you on the fruit category. If I could eat many I'd say "Fill 'er up". We're in the Medford'Grants Pass area of OR now and think I'll try to find a WW meeting. I could use a meeting. myrt
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 03:47
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

I've just started ww pro points in the UK as I simply need some portion control and discipline right now, it is encouraging to see I may be able to tweak it back towards lower carb and there is some support here
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-11, 23:35

Plan: Primal
Stats: 478.4/248.0/228 Male 73
BF:28.9%
Progress: 92%

I am suspicious of WW, it seams to me to be engineered to keep there members (incl my OH and her friends) in WW paying there subs, my OH has been doing it for the best part of 15 years .... many of there meals/snacks seam very high carb

We worked out how many pro plus points a day i eat and its nearly double what they would give me, i would starve ...