Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-12, 21:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182.4/175.8/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Rasas Con Crema

You'll have to get a hold of some poblano peppers. They're big, green and a weeeee bit spicy. Sometimes more than others, sometimes not much at all, but a really nice flavor!

Take your poblanos, throw them on a cooking sheet and put them in the oven on a really high setting, 400 - 450. (if you have a toaster oven it's really great!) Wait till the skin starts to bubble up and turn black in the bubbles. When that happens, flip them over and then wait for it to happen on the other side.

Take them out and let them cool (the cooking shows say to put them in a brown paper bag, but I can never find one, just wait till they're cool, it'll be alright)

When they're cool, just pinch a peice of skin and peel it all off. If you left them in long enough it should come off in BIG peices and be quite easy.

Next, cut them into strips, set aside.

In a skillet, heat up some oil with a couple of crushed garlic cloves thrown in. Carmelize any chicken cut of your choice that is cut up into small chuncks or strips. Make it nice and brown and yummy!

Next, add in some Mexican Crema. Look for it where they have the tortillas and stuff in your Walmart or where ever. It'll be in a glass bottle and be white. It's not sour like sour cream but not as flavorless, and a lot more thick than whipping cream. (If you can't find it you COULD try this with sour cream, if you happen to love sour cream I guess??)

Anyways, add the crema to the chicken, garlic and all that yummy oil and throw in the poblano strips. Let everything simmer for a couple minutes and you're DONE!

If you like it and you have room for it onions are a reaallly yummy addition to this!

Poblano peppers
Mexican Crema
Chicken
garlic
oil
onion (optional)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-12, 23:44

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:

Thanks for sharing! This sounds amazing...I love poblano peppers. I wonder if you could make some cauliflower "rice" and serve the chicken over that? Sounds delicious!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 09:02
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Mmmmm. Sounds a lot like a recipe I do. I'll have to try this Lindy! Thanks for posting it!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 09:12

Plan: south beach
Stats: 168/168/125 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 0%

When I lived in New Mex.I worked at a cafe ,we made something similar.We layered this with cheese and tortillas.It was very good.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 20:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstone
Thanks for sharing! This sounds amazing...I love poblano peppers. I wonder if you could make some cauliflower "rice" and serve the chicken over that? Sounds delicious!

Heck yes! Lol you could make some cheese "chips" and feel like you're doing mexican up right!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 20:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciejean
When I lived in New Mex.I worked at a cafe ,we made something similar.We layered this with cheese and tortillas.It was very good.

OOOoooo this would REALLY be good with some cheese melted on top!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-12, 17:22

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 209/194/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

This sounds really good. I really need to get out of my comfort zone and start experimenting more. I will add this to the list!