Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 03:38

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Question Hows this for a workout plan..

I just started going to a gym and I'm just wondering how this sounds for a DAILY workout..

Home..
40mins of tae bo in the morning
30 tredmil
Ab exercises

Gym..
Some kind of cardio for about 20mins
Circut training.. I do about 100+ of each of all leg exercises
Arms..I do as many exercises as I can..lol

It sounds like alot, but its not too much for me at all. I did a similar workout like this before, minus the weights and resistance training..Which I think was my problem since everything got too easy and boring and I ended up quitting..

I dunno, any advice/tips/comments..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 09:50

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default overtraining

Well, if that is your routine and you get results from it then God bless you.

It looks as if you are overtraining your arms. Read the beginner's thread. Muscles need time to recover. Including abs.

I think that if you are doing 100+ reps that you are using a weight that is too light. And if you are at a gym, you are probably making the people waiting for the machine very angry. LOL.

Also, what are your goals?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 05:53

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Hey thanks dan. I would think I'd be overtraining my legs more than my arms. I do more leg exercises than arms. Someone else mentioned to me that they might be too light.. But at the gym, for legs I use 40lbs weights on the thighs and like 30 for the others.. The 50 pound seems way too heavy for me and the 40 is more comfortable...so I don't get it. I do like 20, then stop for about a minute and then another 20..ect.

lol I go to the gym when its dead and not too many people, so I don't have to worry about any waiting lol

I mean it works, I used to do that same routine at home and get results within 2 weeks..But then it used to stop working because I guess I got used to it..eck.

I'm just trying to tone up and lose weight. I don't want any big bugling muscles or anything, which is another reason I don't want to up the weights.