Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 18:55

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 176/173/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
Carol, do you not like the yolks? They're the most nourishing, filling and satisfying part of the egg.

Hi Ann,
I have no problem with the yolks. I can't tell the difference using a blender.

Got my Cure book last week, and started with the diet section first thing...now I'm going back and reading from the beginning. Very interesting reading!!

How are you doing on The Cure? The 4th day was my hardest, I had the 3 shakes and a hard boiled egg with some salt. Felt a little woozy a couple times and tummy felt hungry. Didn't seem to matter, I lost 1 1/2 pounds the next day.

We decided since we ate sausage and eggs for breakfast on the way home, we'd have a milk shake for dinner tonight. We just got home this afternoon from our 3 day motorcycle trip. It's nice to have the computer back!

Talk soon and let you know how this Cure is working.

Algera15....Thank you for getting me where I wanted to be. I was lost!
Carol
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-11, 10:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 176/173/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,
Just a couple more days and I'll be starting phase two of the 6 week program. I haven't lost any more than the 6 pounds. That kinda discourages me. I thought I'd drop at least a few more this week. Scale just stays in the same spot. Having 2-3 shakes and a small legal plate for my dinner. No snacks and drink all my water.
Maybe phase 2 will help me get over this hurdle.
How's everyone else doing on this 6 week Cure?
Going to water aerobics for an hour and do a lot of jumping, maybe that will help me drop a pound.
Everyone have a great Monday!
Carol
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-11, 09:31

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucelu
But I'm not going to quit coffee. All the studies I have read show that coffee is beneficial to fatty livers, decreases fibrosis in liver disease when consumed at 2.25 cups a day and actually helps detox the liver (coffee enemas anyone?). Plus I have lost fine with coffee when doing the hhcg. So, I'll be the caffeinated guinea pig. I might even do the hhcg with it too.

hey lucelu, how did this go with Hhcg? I've contemplated doing the same thing, but was worried about the calories. My first and only(so far) round of Hhcg, i was super strict with 500 cals per day. I don't think I had enough protein though because my hair fell out a lot over the course of the month.

I'm interested in your thoughts, comments about combining the 6WC with Hhcg....
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-11, 15:43

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:

This thread reminded me of something from my childhood..I was the kid who hated eating, so my mom would beat a egg yolk and mix it with cream and coffee plus sugar and I would drink this every morning feeling like a grownup drinking coffee.
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-11, 18:39

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 210/173.8/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
hey lucelu, how did this go with Hhcg? I've contemplated doing the same thing, but was worried about the calories. My first and only(so far) round of Hhcg, i was super strict with 500 cals per day. I don't think I had enough protein though because my hair fell out a lot over the course of the month.

Have to say I have not been organized enough lately. I am still reading the book. I have a couple events that I want to see through before I buckle down. I am also looking for an easy strategy-- perhaps a commercial shake that meets the Eades criteria-- has anyone found one that is good with the appropriate sweetener and protein count? I like to make things as simple as possible when doing a diet. That way when I really get bored and try to tweak i can easily go back to my tried and true routine if needed and can tell immediately if it helps or not.

I have a job change coming up, a parent and a nephew moving in, a big family visit, and 2 birhdays. Once I have those things under my belt I will post when I start.

So any suggestions on commerically available shakes/powders?
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-11, 18:55
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb34

Some people lose their hair when they have rapid weight loss.

I wouldn't combine hcg with anything but a low fat eating plan. hcg makes your body gain weight from fat very easily. I speak from experience!
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 03:36

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 210/173.8/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

But does homeopathic hcg have the same effect? I don't know that it does.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 08:21

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!

my first round i did Hhcg(drops) and lost very easily. Maybe too quickly if the rate of hairloss is anything to go by...I think next round I'll add in more protein with just a teensy bit of fat to maybe slow things down.

I appreciate your comments and insight Nancy. I think it's safer to follow protocol, I don't want to end up gaining fat...thanks
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-13, 18:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/208/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Wink Which Book Title are you referring to?

Hi, Your post is from (I think) 2005 and this is 2013, lol. I am wondering if you feel the same positive way as you did then? If you do, I'd like to the name of the book you were referring to and if you have any other titles that would help me in my weight loss journey. I've already lost 72 lbs but I have another 70 to go. Thanks!
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-13, 19:01
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyasee
Hi, Your post is from (I think) 2005 and this is 2013, lol. I am wondering if you feel the same positive way as you did then? If you do, I'd like to the name of the book you were referring to and if you have any other titles that would help me in my weight loss journey. I've already lost 72 lbs but I have another 70 to go. Thanks!

Hello soyasee, and welcome to Active Low-Carber forums . The first post in this thread is from 2009 ... not sure where you got 2005?? Also, it's not clear which post you're refering to.

However, I believe you're refering to the book Middle-Aged Middle 6 Week Cure, which has been tried and reviewed by members here. Please check it out .

I invite you to introduce yourself here .. Introduce Yourself.