Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 06:43
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 147/143/125
BF:
Progress:
Smile

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. I GOT ON THE SCALE THIS WEEKEND AND I ACTUALLY LOST 3 LBS. I'M GLAD ALL THAT WORK YIELDED SOME KIND OF LOSS. I ALSO WENT TO A BAR-B-QUE THIS WEEKEND AND I STAYED STRONG AND ONLY ATE MEAT. IT WAS HARD AND GOSH THAT BREADED HAMBURGER WAS CALLING MY NAME, BUT I'VE COME TO FAR TO TURN AROUND NOW. I'M GOING INTO MY SECOND WEEK NOW WISH ME WILL POWER, AND GOD LUCK TO ALL YOU WHO ARE TRYING TO STOP SMOKING. OH ONE MORE QUESTION. IS IT TRUE THAT I CAN EAT ALL THE MEAT I WANT OR IS THERE SOME KINDA CALORIE CAP I SHOULD LOOK AT?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 06:49

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Woo woo MsLady! Great news for you and congrats!

Yep it's true, you can eat all the meat you want. Cheese you have to watch because it does have "trace" carbohydrates in it.

Keep up the great progress!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 07:22

Plan: protein power
Stats: 190/150/145
BF:
Progress: 89%

VERY cool mslady!!!!!!!.....was at a birthday barbecue myself and stuck with the meat only thing.....my slip up was the couple of brewskies (lol)....that was my only little blooper in my 7 weeks on the low carb program though so i'm kinda proud that it wasn't a TOTAL BINGE of carb laden garbage like a cheesecake or something!!!!!!!

good luck with the continued willpower......we have faith in you!!!!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

WAY TO STAY STRONG WE CAN DO THIS
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 10:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Way to go, mslady! Ain't barbeques wonderful....we were at my brother's for a family lunch last weekend, and he did leg of lamb. I ignored the potatoes and had lamb with mayo/mustard sauce and asparagus; no birthday cake (had a few strawberries off the top), but plenty of coffee!

Yes, it's true; you can eat all the meat you want! Just watch for the sugars and added carbs in processed meats. There's no need to count calories, though some people, as they approach goal, find they need to keep an eye on portion size. As long as you're losing, however: enjoy!

Rachel
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 11:23
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default BAR B QUE SAUCE

I'M ON THE SECOND WEEK OF INDUCTION DO YOU THINK THE CARBS IN THE SAUCE WILL AFFECT MY WEIGHT LOSS