Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 06:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%
Thumbs up

Alright, who fooled around with my scales this morning?

I thought just after my shower, oh what the hey don't feel any lighter but why not stand on those scales just for the heck of it?

Whoosh, 4lbs gone

Patience does work doesn't it!

Wendy...a very happy girl and surprised!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 06:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 224/206/170
BF:
Progress:

RIGHT ON!!! Good for you

Doesn't it feel good when you persevere and it finally pays off? Keep it up....

Emma
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 08:59
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Cool kewl

hey Wendy, WTG!!!!!!

Don't be too surprised --- it may be that your individual weight loss pattern will be : plateau - whoosh - plateau - whoosh. On the other hand, maybe your body is finally over the "shock of the duck" incident from the weekend ...

Keep it up; may this be a continuing trend for you!!

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 14:32

BF:

Thanks Emma,

Will be keeping it up...not to worry and best wishes to you too!

Hey Doreen,

When I read what you had to say...did I laugh out loud! Had to look around to see if anyone saw me...LOL The darn duck probably starved me...LOL

I wondered about that too, when you say...stall, whoosh, stall.....We will see...although I'm not worried about it as I know in time it will be off once in for all.

Wish I could get my mind set on exercise....but gosh, right now I just got home and guess where I am heading after this post? If you guessed bed, you got it right, can hardly keep my eyes open! Such nice weather today too, what a shame...but I can't fight it when I feel this tired. Four Clients today, cleaning homes, cooking meals, taking them shopping etc...

Oh well, maybe tomorrow I will have more energy, not such a busy day...then again I do have another part-time job I do...oh...and a friend to help out....oh....does it ever end....hehehe

Wendy
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 15:07

Plan: low carb / no sugar
Stats: 163/141/128 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 63%

That is so awesome Wendy. Congratulations! I too had a big surprise yesterday. I went to put on a suit for work (which I avoid unless necessary) and it was hanging on me. I didn't think I lost any weight last week. Was at a stall. I must have lost inches instead of weight. Weird but I'm certainly not complaining. I tried on another outfit and had the same experience. I ran downstairs to try on some of my pre-pregnancy clothes and was down a size. Yeah!! This of course motivated me to excercise this morning (I've been slacking - first energy zapp and then out of the habit). This is definately the best diet I have ever experienced. Never before able to loose weight. Now I'm down 8 pounds and a dress size. This is with the help of you and the other people on this forum. I have been reading, learning and keeping the faith. Thanks
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 17:21

BF:

Wow Jenny, good for you. Sorry... I'm afraid I must have missed your earlier postings as I don't recall when you started your woe?

Bet your day was such a happy one. I do believe I feel like yourself.

On previous programs to loose weight and feel better about myself I always failed within a couple of months. This due to being hungry and fed up not being able to eat certain foods.

With this woe I don't feel as though I am missing out on anything and I say this as a lover of potatoes and a hater (such a strong word but couldn't think of one that fits) of veggies, the ones that are good for us. I now have a taste for veggies I wouldn't dare go near, this due to this woe on how to prepare them with other flavours added. I'm not sure why potatoes are not missed other then I think I was just getting fed up with what I have been preparing for meals the last couple of months prior to this woe.

Another bonus to this woe is being able to go out and eat at restaurants. Other plans made this option such a tough one and going to friends homes to eat was always tough too. Got to the point everyone knew you were dieting per say and would do their best to say, oh go on, have one, it won't hurt you. With this woe, its not noticeable that you are actually changing your woe to others. All your doing is saying, hmm, no potatoes please, I think I will just have a salad with your lovely roast etc...

Feeling good is such a nice option too, I don't recall feeling good on other plans, always finding a way to cheat is what I recall!

So Jen, keep it up it truly is a wonderful woe.

Wendy

PS. yep that exercise thing is a tough one for me...maybe one day I will get myself together on that one? If I can change my woe, I certainly can start thinking in that direction and stay with it. One day at a time!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 21:23

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking WOW Wendy

wow wendy!! way to go!!!!! you just kept plugging along and "WHOOOOOOSH!". that's wonderful wendy! you should feel very proud. i've read that a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight say that they have stalls. it's like your body has to catch up to the weight loss and feel comfortable giving up a few pounds. (ya'know with famine and all!). you've done very well!!
jenny, wow!!! 8lb and 1 dress size down. that's a major accomplishment. losing a size really confirms your weight loss. way to go jenny!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 21:32

BF:

Thanks Deb,

Wondered where you were since my duck shock....LOL How are you doing lately?

Wendy
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 21:46

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

wendy, my work week's over now. during the week, i don't get a lot of time on the computer because of my youngest daughter. she's 18 and a computer hog. she spends all her time instant messaging and three way calling on the phone. that way she can talk to all her friends at once. she's my baby and i know she won't be here forever, so i overlook a lot. tonight she's at the movies so, ta-da!!, mom's on the computer.
don't worry wendy. if i'm not posting, i'm quickly lurking. i always keep up with the board, esp. yr. posts. i think of you as one of my buds.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 10:00

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

Whoohooo what a way to whoosh! Congrats to you!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 11:26

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Yay

Awesome!

- Paul
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 13:50

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Congrats Wendy!!! Losing weight is such a good feeling!!!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 14:36

BF:

Thank-you, thank-you. Almost feel like taking a bow here....you folks are great

Wendy
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-01, 12:44

Plan: Zone
Stats: 179/155/149
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Exercise

Wendy! Don't beat yourself up too badly - sounds like your job *is* your exercise.

If I was running around cleaning houses and taking care of people all day I'd be pooped too.

Congrats on the progress.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 05:59

BF:

Well hello there Mrs. Yogi,

Great to see you back

I hear ya on the excercise thing, yet I remember when I was a postie six years ago. I would walk five hours from Mondy to Friday and at one time I began to gain weight! (Imagine).

I was at my doctor's for a annual check up and mentioned this to her. Her reply was, well your body is use to all that walking so you must excercise as well if you don't want to gain.

I near died when she said that, as walking all day and then to go home and do an excercise program?....holy....yeah right....and yep, forget it....LOL Course I didn't know anything about this woe back then and if I had I'm sure I would have started on it back then.

Remembering the doctor saying this leads up to my life now. Work all day, moving around, scrubbing, preparing, shopping, etc...you would think that would be enough? Yet, my body has been use to this for six yrs now, in fact, because of the less walking (past job), the weight gain brought me to this change of life I knew I needed!

So, deep, deep down...Wendy knows she should start excersising, and did for a bit on her nordictrack prior to this woe and will get back starting next week, as she is off for two weeks! Yeah!!! Gotta love being your own boss eh...hehehehe.

Wendy

(Oh darn, the spell checking doesn't want to work for me...forgive the spelling mistakes please)