Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 08:45

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default No Or Less Dessert Support!

HI GUYS,
I AM DOING A 30 DAY NO DESSERT. DOES ANYONE WANT TO JOIN.
i want to see if this wll make a difference in my weight, especially during TOM.

TOMORROW MONDAY 01.13.03 WILL BE DAY 1 FOR ME.

happy cadding.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 10:10

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

Okay, Lowco, I'll join you in that challenge. I have cut out sweets this past week and cut down some in fat and added more exercise and have had a good weight loss this week. I was stalled before that with all the holiday goodies that I kept having.

My carbs this past week have been bread and peanut butter or a few nuts and it has made a big difference by not having sweets.

So, here's to a great 30 days dessert free for us!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 12:40

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Thumbs up

I'll Join too Lowco !!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying awfully hard this week to include fruit in my RM instead of sweet stuff - although I did lapse today and have a danish pastry.

But from tomorrow I'm with you for 30 days - I too have had a good weight loss this week and would like to lose a little bit more next week.

I have a goal in mind now - its 11th April 2003 when I go on my hols to for two weeks and take my parents to northern cyprus to meet my fiances family - so that should be fun.

AND I WANT TO LOOK MY ABSOLUTE BEST THAT I CAN IN THE TIME ALLOWED.

byeeeeeeeeeee
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 14:15

BF:

Okay Julie! Glad you're joining in too. It's only till February 13th and that really isn't far off when you think about it. That will be great with me cause the 14th is Valentine's Day and I KNOW I'll have to have some chocolate that day! So, that gives me something to look forward to.

I'm within 1/2 lb of being back to my stat weight, so I'm excited that it's finally going the right direction! I want so badly to get below 160 again that I can taste it! lol... I wish all of us the best with this "dessert free" challenge.

Tonight it's chicken wings and fried okra and beer bread and whatever veggies I decide to fix... yummmmmmmmmmy!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 14:49

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up maybe next week

I would have also joined, but today I just baked, a whole batch

of cranberry muffins and bread, so knowing myself I won't be

able to resist having some for rm in the next few days, so

next time I wish you'll my best It won't be that difficult with

the support you give each other.

Alicia
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 16:11
Registered Member

Plan: CAD-Atkins
Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi everyone (I'm new),
This is just the kind of thing I need - no sugar for a while! I've done it before for months on end and found that it makes a huge difference in my health and energy levels (not to mention my weight). However, I fell off that horse in the summer and just have to find a way to get back on... Then maybe soon my body will be able to deal with one or two desserts a week.

What about sugarless dessert? Like a small bit of low-carb fruit (e.g., berries, orange or nectarine) or stevia-sweetened thing? Or just flat-out no sweet things? Hm. I think I can do it either way.
Glad to be on board!
Robyn
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 19:19

BF:
Default dessert

roborobyn: dessert for me is: ice cream, cake, candy, cookies......full of sugar/starch/calories.

fruit is healthy. I'll be having fruit.
Sugar fee ice-cream is debateable, and all up to what you feel comfortable with. I'll not be having that either, i rather have the real thing . Sugar fee cake etc, even though it is sugar fee they do count, starch and calorie wise. So if i terminate that all together i'll really be eating less.

i do wish i can have yogurt every day, i will look for the sugar fee kind or fructose sweetened kind. I'll not be having wheat also, maybe pasta once a week when i am to busy to cook. i am always heavy a day after pasta.
ANYONE WITH IDEAS
how about some sugar free dessert substitute:
NUTS AND SEEDS
HOT CHOCOLATE
COFFEE
FRUIT
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 21:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

I'll go with the less sugar! I need to start balancing my RMs and having more fruit with it. I am starting to miss it, so I'll be adding it back in. I've been having too much sugar during RMs, and while they may not be showing up in pounds, it just isn't healthy.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 06:55

BF:

We have a good group going here! This is great.

I would say that desserts/sweets basically involve sugar, but if artificial sweeteners are a trigger for you, then you might want to exclude those as much as possible as well. The only artificial sweeteners I plan to use will come from diet soda, which I have once or twice a week. It's the really sweet dessert foods that seem to bother me, so that's what I'm avoiding.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 23:42

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Dessert

Peeled, sliced apple, baked in the microwave covered with a sprinkle (maybe 1/4 tsp) Splenda, Cinnamon, a pat of butter. Crustless apple pie - YUM!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 07:00

BF:

That sounds good BASpider...
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 18:23

BF:
Default 2ays strong

hi guys......I AM 2 DAYS STONG. On monday i wanted something to nibble on after lunch. I bought a small pack of plaintain chips....yummy.

Today, i had a great rm. No nibbling foods, no desserts.

BA-SPIDER: I WILL TRY THAT!

HAPPY CADDING!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 20:53

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile Baspider I tried and I liked

Baspider today I tried the apple with splenda as my RM dessert
with a bit of frozen vanilla yogurt, It was good .I'll be using
It regularly thanks for sharing.

alicia
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 21:00

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I'm not sure what other fruits would be good, but bananas aren't. Maybe peach, cherries? Sprinkle on some walnuts, too. Whatever fresh fruit you could get your hands on might work. Doing it one serving at a time keeps you from overdoing it.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 21:18
Registered Member

Plan: CAD-Atkins
Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I love the mini-apple pie idea I do this too, but had sort of forgotten about it lately - it's a nice warm dessert for these freezing cold winter days!

Yeah, the thing about fruit is that it really can be as bad as sugar for upsetting insulin levels. For instance, I ate a nectarine with lunch (my RM) today and felt a bit dizzy/nauseous afterwards. And I can never eat raw apples, even a slice, b/c they make me severly dizzy/nauseous no matter when I eat then, whether on CAD or off... I think it must be a glycemic index thing, but I don't know. Berries are fine though, as are cooked apples, amazingly, and sometimes half an orange or grapefruit.

I wish I were able to eat more fruit really (bananas! yum), but I figure that I eat plenty of vegetables and other things along with a multivitamin to get me enough vitamins. Sometimes I wonder if fruit is an over-rated source of vitamins since most of the same vitamins (and more) can be found in vegetables. Perpertuating the idea that vegetables are "yukky"? Hm... And then people eat more fruit and few vegetables - I know I used to be this way. I guess it's kind of hard to watch people drinking juice instead of pop, thinking that it's a healthier choice when it both is and isn't - both are loaded with sugar (esp bottled juice) except that juice has nutritional value. Or maybe I'm just jealous of people who can drink juice
Robyn