Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 09:02

Plan: Keto
Stats: 242/242/160 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Am I not eating enough????

After reading all of the advise on the ketogenic diet the problem that I am having I think is that I am not eating enough. I eat 2-3 eggs and bacon for breakfast, most of the time I don't eat lunch because I am not hungry at all and then I eat some sort of meat and vegetable at dinner. I know after reading all the advise that I probably need to eat more, but I just can't seem to make myself eat when I am not hungry. I am not losing very much weight these past two weeks. Does anyone have advise for me?? I appreciate all advise!! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 15:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/285.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'm interested to hear the replies; from my understanding, eating "more" will not make you lose more weight. Eat when you are hungry, avoid carbs, and make sure that you've added some fat (not "extra" per se....but that' what you are replacing the carbs with). The ONLY think I can think of - what are you drinking aside from water? How MUCH meat do you eat at dinner and what kind of vegetable? Too much meat can be a problem - less meat and an extra dollop of butter or something might be better. And really low carb veggies? I once went over my 20 with brussel sprouts of all things. I'm mean, c'mon - if I'm going to break my diet at least make it something interesting!!LOL
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 18:14

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 220/126/132 Male 65in
BF:
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorid
After reading all of the advise on the ketogenic diet the problem that I am having I think is that I am not eating enough. I eat 2-3 eggs and bacon for breakfast, most of the time I don't eat lunch because I am not hungry at all and then I eat some sort of meat and vegetable at dinner. I know after reading all the advise that I probably need to eat more, but I just can't seem to make myself eat when I am not hungry. I am not losing very much weight these past two weeks. Does anyone have advise for me?? I appreciate all advise!! Thank you!

If you don't mix Carb with Fat/Oil, your body will tell you what to do(even force you.)
You might want to replace the portion of your carb with tomato to see if it can remove some of your water.

If your BMI is around 25(below 30), you will have a hard time to lose weight this way.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-18-17, 05:31

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Eat when you are Hungry, Stop when you are full
The (Ketogenic) diet works best on a “demand feeding” basis—that is, eat whenever you are hungry; try not to eat more than what will satisfy you. Learn to listen to your body. A low-carbohydrate diet has a natural appetite-reduction effect to ease you into the consumption of smaller and smaller quantities comfortably. Therefore, do not eat everything on your plate just because it’s there. On the other hand, don’t go hungry! You are not counting calories. Enjoy losing weight comfortably, without hunger or cravings.

From Duke clinic diet.

Also, you haven't read any books...what "Keto" plan are you following?
There is a lot of bad advice out there on the internet. For weight loss, you should be drawing Fat for energy from your body, not trying to eat some magic "macro." of fat.

Good graphics in this article, you should be "eating" your stored fat for energy, not adding more energy from food, why you just don't feel hungry. Your hunger will return when energy is needed, not to worry. https://lowcarbrn.wordpress.com/201...-force-the-fat/

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, May-18-17 at 06:43.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-18-17, 10:55

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

when i'm in ketosis, i don't normally get hungry, ever. but if i forget to eat, i get really really really tired and lethargic. how's your energy level?

it's also really helpful to use something to track what you're eating, so that you can go back and see what worked and what didn't, especially if you're losing well and then all of a sudden stop losing. sometimes it's a plateau, sometimes it's carb creep or whatever.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-19-17, 10:40

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 220/126/132 Male 65in
BF:
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnut
when i'm in ketosis, i don't normally get hungry, ever. but if i forget to eat, i get really really really tired and lethargic. how's your energy level?

it's also really helpful to use something to track what you're eating, so that you can go back and see what worked and what didn't, especially if you're losing well and then all of a sudden stop losing. sometimes it's a plateau, sometimes it's carb creep or whatever.

You need to adjust the energy(food) you eat to move your body away from the tire zone. Also adjust your timing to move it to like sleeping time.