Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 09:49

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Weekly Challenge

Challenge Week 13

Okay..... this is our 13th week. We have been doing a challenge each and every week for more than three months. I would like to change our plan just slightly and have one continuous thread. We can state the week we are on within the Subject line of this thread.

So..... in light of a new week, a new thread, and a new life.... would you all like to give us an update on how this Low Carb Way Of Life is working for you? How has the last 13 weeks treated you?

Libby
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 09:39

BF:
Talking Checking In

I feel FANTASTIC!!

AND.... I get to toot my own horn this morning. I am two pounds lighter than yesterday! Go figure. All I can say is that maybe it is because I am just getting past my TOM and maybe I saved up for the Whoosh Fairy who delighted me with a visit last night. Usually my losses are a slow and predictable half pound at a time which is just fine. This was a nice surprise.

I recently bought a book on vitamins and supplements. Haven't read much of it yet but I need to learn more about what I am taking and what I should be taking.

How about ya'll? What kinds of supplements are you taking and in what amounts? This will make for an interesting discussion.

Best wishes,
Libby
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 11:53

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Not too good

Hi girls,

Well I made it in. Completely forgot to come post my meals (haven't been back for a while and I need to get into the swing of things)

Yesterday's meals:

BR: 2 pieaces of LC bread with sugar free PB and 2 coffees.

L: 1 vegetable springroll with s/s sauce and 1 potato and leek soup.

D: 1 pork chop with brussel sprouts and french fries. 1/2 glass of diet sparkling fruit water.

I wasn't supposed to have fries with dinner and ended up cheating cause I was really hungry. Today is going better. Although my same problem occurs every time... I need to drink more water.

That's it for today...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 21:51

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Post Check in

Week 13 and we've survived, sort of.

I have shingles. I've had them off and on for about 20 years and am in the middle of a new ongoing outbreak. I've got about 6 spots and a new one coming, so my leg is starting to hurt again. I also have an excema-like outbreak on my eyelid, and some sort of rash thing on my left arm, that's not gone away for nearly a year. I'm starting to think it's all allergy related. I'm thinking food is triggering all of this crap! So, today I started an elimination diet. I'm going to try to keep it CALP legal, but no guarantees on that.

I guess perimenopause is here, too. I bet this resembles whining. Anyhow, that's why I've been kinda scarce.

Still at 126, sigh.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 07:29

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Doing OK

I wasn't very good for all 13 weeks, but I've been REALLY strict for the last 3-and it's coming off again!

-animaldoc
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 12:33

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up Week 5 for me....

And it's going pretty well for me. I have lost a total of about 5 lbs. And though I've been tempted to do the Fat Flush for a jump start to lose more weight, I'm going to stick with this plan for a while, until I reach a definite plateau, while following all the rules, because to be honest.....

I'm not drinking enough water, yes, I know, I know, I need to!

I'm not doing any of the options (other than exercise, I do that, at least!)

And although I've read CALP, I much prefer CAD, and I don't like to always eat a salad before my RM, and I haven't really been balancing my portions.

It's amazing that I lose at all, whew. I was honest there.

Let's see. I'll check in on the eating front.

Yesterday-Wed-It was TOM, and I was hungry all day, I just remember I reaaaaly cheated, I'm not posting what I ate yesterday.

Today

B: Egg & Sausage (from McD's no biscuit, but it looked mighty good-ok I tore a little scrap of the biscuit, and it wasn't even that good)

L: Salad bar at the grocery....Greek Salad, Feta, Tomatoes, etc. Marinated mushrooms, yum! Cauliflour, pepperoni, eggs, bacon bits, ranch, and
yummmy iced tea (from the Starbucks stand)

D: Probably making spagetti and meat sauce, with yes, SALAD, and some veggies. Dessert, hot tea with cream, and some chocolate biscuits from Godiva, mmmm!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 15:22

BF:
Post check in

I've made a few discoveries. I can't eat chicken. Seems like everytime I eat chicken, I either stall or gain.

I'm tweaking CALP with the Blood Type Diet, and I think it just might work for me. According to my Blood type, there are certain foods I should avoid, and chicken is one to avoid. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks. This is day 2 and I feel so much better, mentally and physically.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 17:05

BF:
Default Challenge Week

Week 14
Can you believe it? Week fourteen. It is Monday already and time for me to check in. First of all I haven't even sat down at my puter in about four days. I deleted tons of mail. eewww.

Anyway...... my weekly averages gave me a loss of 1.8 pounds. I am tickled.

I have a wierd thing going on with my clothes. Most of them are too big! How about that? I have never had this problem before! HA! Well, I have cleaned out my dresser drawers again and am down to the essentials. I think I really like this! I have had to buy new underthings too. Cool eh?

Today I am going to BBQ pork tenderloins which are currently marinading. (grate two lime peels, two tbsp honey, two tbsp oil and mix.... then thinly slice fresh garlic and insert into little slits in the meat... then marinade, wrap in foil and cook on the grill) I am going to throw together a big salad too. I don't want to heat up my kitchen today so this will be supper.

I hope all is well with you and I hope ya'll check in.

Have an enjoyable Memorial Day.
best wishes,
Libby
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 20:54

BF:
Post Week 14

I've been exhausted today, fine yesterday, exhausted the day before. This has been going on for over a week. I think it might be the new chromium I got a bit over a week ago. It's not the same as I was using and I've had a heck of a time narrowing it down. I'm cutting them out from here on. Hope that does it. I haven't been remembering to take it everyday, so am not postive that's it. I remembered to take it today. We'll see.

Nice to be ungrowing all your clothes Libby. You're doing great!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 08:15

BF:
Unhappy Akkk!

Getting really frustrated again........

Realized I'd had a few "hidden carbs" last week, probably explaining my slow loss (0.5 lb). Grr. Went to a party yesterday and the chief of staff at our hospital insisted that I have a margarita (I was trying to wait until the food was ready at the cookout so I would be in my hour)....grr.....at least I was able to dodge dessert!

I'm also worried that I won't be able to lose this time since it is my third time on the diet....I didn't have any problem a year ago, but this time I'm sticking with it for the long term.

I am really tired of this extra weight! My clothes are tight-I need to shed some before I go on vacation in August, or I'll have to buy all new clothes (we have to dress for dinner) and I'v egot no $$ for that.........

Whine, complain-sorry guys.....

-animaldoc
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 12:27

BF:
Default Just say NO!

Quote:
Went to a party yesterday and the chief of staff at our hospital insisted that I have a margarita

Why is it that people cannot take "NO" for an answer? We should just be able to say "No thank you." and that should be the end of it. Makes me mad. Darn it all.

I have solved my cost of clothing problem.....

Today I bought four short sleave shirts for $1. each. Local thrift store.... what can I say. They all look new, as I am picky and wouldn't buy them otherwise......and I am going to wear them to work. So what if I "shrink" out of them...... they were inexpensive. Sometimes I find things that are new and still have the original price tags on em.

All is well with me.......

Later,
Libby
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 06:42

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up Week 6 for me

All is well in the world of CAD, I've still lost and kept off 5 lbs. But my new goals are to...

1) Switch to CALP gradually

2) Start run/walking 15 miles per week, in addition to my 3-4X working out at the gym.

Always take my ThermoTropic weight loss supplements, to avoid constipation (sorry to be graphic, but i had an awful stomach ache this morning, and I don't want that again!)
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 14:20

BF:
Smile No kidding!

I TRIED really hard to say no- (I'll have one in a second, I drove DH here etc.) but nobody would listen! One day I'll just SCREAM and then they'll all think I've lost my mind!

Part of the problem is that people don't think I need to be serious about losing weight.....they say "you don't need to diet." BUT my clothes don't fit that I wore last year-and there's no good reason for that! I guess it's good that my body type "hides" extra weight well......

-animaldoc
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 14:32

BF:
Post check in

Animaldoc, too bad you don't get mean when you drink. They'd quit offering once you knocked them on their butt!

I think I may have found one of the foods that's been causing my problems. Red Wine vinegar. I feel just like I've been drinking red wine, rather hung over.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 01:45

BF:
Default Sneaking up on 50

I am sneaking up on 50 pounds lost. I was moving 50 pound bags of dog food today and OMG..... they were SOOOO heavy. Gosh...... I use to wear that 50 pounds day and night every where I went. No wonder my feet and my legs ached. Ugh.
-------------------------

Quote:
I guess it's good that my body type "hides" extra weight well......

Interesting quote. It is exactly what I have always thought and said about myself. Now that I am able to look back from a different point of view I think I was just trying to fool myself when I said that. I think I am always heavier than anyone would guess. Maybe that means I "hide" the extra weight well. But ya know what? There was no way I could hide an extra 60 pounds!

Doc.... this is in no way meant to reflect on you. It just hit me.... because it is EXACTLY what I have always said to myself. I think I was just deceiving myself, or trying to.

Interesting, the things we learn about ourselves.........

Later,
Libby