Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 13:39

Plan: CALP
Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Back on CALP after 5 years off

Hi there-
I can't believe it has been 5 years since I went off of CALP (well, if I look at my hips, I can). Looking back, my life was so much more vibrant when I was on CALP. I felt very healthy and energetic. Then I tried Atkins. The weight came off a little quicker, but I felt like a dried up husk. Seriously. Also, staying on Atkins didn't turn out to be all that easy in retrospect. I often slipped into binging on artificially sweetened treats and then, from there, sugar sweetened desserts. Argh. My weight steadily went up and now I am about 20 lbs away from my all time high. I'm ready to go back on CALP. When I discovered CALP, I felt like I had finally found the key to many, many years of frustration and sorrow. Everything fit- all of the Heller's explanations made sense. What a relief. And it worked. My maddening cravings were gone! That was the number one plus! The weight coming off was gravy (so to speak). I just located my old CALP book and felt a huge surge of comfort and relief.

I find that when my food is in order and I'm not obsessing about what I'm going to eat, my life calms down. Everything seems to fall into place. I'm looking forward to that happening again. :-)

Thanks for reading!
-Ann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 17:28

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Ann, welcome back!

I love CALP and lost 50 lbs. the first time I was on it. When the weight was not coming off fast enough I changed to Atkins. It was not long after I began that I realized I was unable to stick to it and quit low carbing altogether.

I have been back on CALP since March and intend on getting to my goal slowly but surely this time.

I wish you complete success!

Please join us at the Hour Power #2 thread and allow us to get to know you.

See you there!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 18:18

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hiya! Welcome back! I'm back to CAD/CALP myself after a hiatus. I really love it. Glad to have you.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 19:03

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Welcome back...I know exactly what you mean about the maddening cravings (that little voice in your head that starts whispering it wants...it doesn't even know what it wants, but says it will tell you after it figures it out and you've eaten..x..y..z.)

I lost almost 75 lbs. my last dedicated time on CALP, and am back, having gained it all back plus more. Looking forward to getting to know you.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 10:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Ann-
of course we are thrilled to have you back- as you can see from the 3 posters before me they are all recent "returnees"- and your stoiries are very inspiring for all of us. SOOOOO glad you are here-
E
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 11:09

Plan: CALP
Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks you guys! Thanks for the warm welcome! :-) My first CALP day was a total success. I think the only difficult thing to remember was to not stick a piece of sugar free gum in my mouth throughout the day. I have toothpaste and a toothbrush here at work- so I'll brush my teeth whenever I feel the need to chew gum from now on.
Have a great day everyone!

-Ann