Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-04, 21:38
Registered Member

Plan: Vegetarian CAD
Stats: 120/120/100 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%
Exclamation HUngry...

I keep getting off the Low carb wagon! It just doesn't satisfy me! After a day I feel so empty that I end up pigging out! Help! Any suggustions to help me stay? I just feel like I gotta eat some carbs or else I still feel unsatisfied. Then when i bite into something with carbs my cravings starts coming back. I wanna stay on the carb addict's diet for good but I keep quiting so easily. Even during my reward meal it just doesnt feel right. I feel less heavy but I also feel less satisfied. I also hate eggs and i'm trying to find some clever Low carb breakfast ideas. If only CAD would let me have some low carb tortilla on my complementary meals... maybe it'd be easier.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-04, 23:13
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 250/236/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I am doing the Atkins diet, and I for the first week felt extremely hungry, and unsatisfied when I just ate meat, cheese, and (gross) eggs... but I would make eggs, and add so much cheese that I could barely taste the egg. I just know that when you do it, and you succeed, it is the greatest feeling... just hang in there for two weeks, and I think you will think it's worth it!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-04, 07:54

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

There are some lc recipes in the back of the CAD book that might help. I think I would try a couple of days and see how you do...if that doesn't work use 1/2 tortilla and keep to the plan the rest of the way and see if that helps...It would be best to do it as written though! Also make sure you get those suppliments. They make a world of difference with the cravings. I am having VERY few cravings now and it is wonderful. It took awhile for me to get ahold of the RM but now that I have it under control it feels great! I need to watch my drinks!!! (Like lc cocoa and cappucino!) I need to have those only at RM's and have been having them occasionally at other times. I think that has slowed my weight loss.

DON"T give up...you rm is never more than 24hrs away. YOU CAN DO IT!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-04, 09:47

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I agree with Karen, don't give up. I think you need to get more than just a couple of days in before you can notice the cravings disappearing. I know the first several days are the hardest, but believe me once you get those under your belt you won't care if you have any carbs for your CM's. By the 3rd day you should start to feel a difference with the cravings and by the end of the week, you will no longer have any cravings, at least you shouldn't if you are running a clean program.By adding any illegal carbs to your CM's will make it that much harder to stick with CAD.

I know the Heller's say in the CALP book, that when first starting to get on plan to go ahead and eat some extra protein and veggies for a snack. They think it is better to have those extra snacks and be content than it is to go off of plan.

Hang in there. CAD is a great program, but you need to do your part too, and not give in to the temptations at first. You can do this.

Good Luck. Post often and remember you can do this.

#5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-04, 14:02
Registered Member

BF:

thanx for the quick answers! So u really think it's just cravings? Hmm could be but i'm a grazer eater so could eating smaller complimentary meals throughout the day really affect me? Also I was just woundering??? If you have very little weight to loose nad u loose those few pounds, could you possibly even loose some chubby cheeks or is chubby cheeks in my genetics? Everybody in my family have thin cheeks but ever since i was little, even before i was a couple pounds over weight, i always had chubby cheeks. Perhaps it was just baby fat?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-04, 14:31

Having the 2 cm's and 1 rm keeps insulin in check...if you start to graze you won't be keeping insulin down and therefore may not lose weight. They allow once snack but if you don't lose eating that one snack they suggest you eliminate it. I personally think I do much better with the plan without the snack. It keeps my cravings and hunger under control.

About the cheeks...the only way to know is to lose the weight and find out for yourself.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 07:50

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

I thought I was a grazer also, until I found CAD. It turns out I am a Carb Addict and my insulin was all out of whack
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 12:39

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

I am finding very little trouble with feeling hungry (most of the time), if I incorporate some oil into my meal. I cook an omelet with olive oil, LC veggies, some meat, and eggs and it keeps me full for hours. I am still experimenting to see if this effect of not feeling hungry will last.

I do find that if I don't balance my RM properly, I wake up hungry. And, certain AS can trigger strong sugar cravings for me.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 22:27
Registered Member

BF:

hmm well i feel full when i combine fruits with protein but since fruit isn't allowed, i'm constantly hungry but i want 2 stick with Cad because it's very convenient! If i have a low carb snack in between lunch and dinner I think i can stick with Cad. I just cant help but eat something between lunch and dinner. It's my weakest time period where all i do is snack!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 14:50

I would have a protein snack. That would be better than giving in to cravings...It will help with the hunger too.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 17:50
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Try adding some vitamin D. At least 1200 mg in 3 doses should do it. Vitamin D deficiency during the winter can cause cravings and bingeing behavior. Supplementig with D can stop them practically immediately.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 13:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/205/180 Male 6'0"
BF:

Are you eating any fats in your C/M?

Keeping insulin in check is all good, but your body still needs certain amount of calories to run you know. Fat is needed.

If you're trying to low fat as well you'll never gain control, just an FYI in case you're doing this. What do your C/M's look like?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 16:58

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:

Chromium really helped me with that I-want-to-nibble feeling. And L-Glutamine has just about eliminated the cravings for sugar (which I would have bet couldn't be done!)
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 09:35

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Cathos

Just out of curiousity..how much L-Glutamine and when do you take it?

Sorry to put this question here, but you don't have a journal I could hit on
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 11:39
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

L-glutamine...1 tbsp. in a glass of water after a meal.