Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 09:43
Registered Member

Plan: Im trying South Beach
Stats: 214/214/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I would love to be part of this

Yes...I have been looking for a group like this......I have done pretty well with my RM's but i find that im getting really bored with my CMs.....

My goal, is to look and feel better and much like Cassie my husband and I are wanting to have a baby in 2003 and I need to lose a few pounds before that happens....I just want to finally be successful at losing weight and keeping it off
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 15:39

Plan: CAD
Stats: 191/175/135
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Fresh Start

Well, here we are!! I've been good so far today - only had a chicken salad w/ranch. I'm actually not feeling too bad. Thought I'd have some major cravings with all of the junk that I ate over the holidays but thankfully that's not happening. Just a little tired. I'm really ready to be back on track.

Hope everyone is doing well with their recommit and ready to move onward and downward (weight-wise anyways)!

Good luck!

Mbutterfly
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 17:27
Registered Member

Plan: CALP/CAD
Stats: 215/212.5/140
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Checking In

Hi all you re-committers

Day two of CAD and all is well so far. I have a slight headache this evening from the carb withdrawal but other than that I'm doing well. I have overcarbed slightly for the past two days but It's getting better. I've lost 3 pounds already, although it's the weekly average that I will count on. Still it's nice to see the scale drop.

To answer Cassie's question about my Chicken Soup it's homemade all the way and only CM foods allowed.

Besides returning full time to this woe I have also decided to give up watching television. Yikes! I waste way too much time in front of the television. So I've decided no tv at all for the next two weeks and then I may allow myself to watch tv on Sunday's. I'm still undecided about that.

I hope everyone is doing well with their recommitment. Look forward to losing together!
Dar
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 18:00
Registered Member

BF:
Default Some of my Favorite CM Recipes

GoodTxGirl said: I find that im getting really bored with my CMs.....

Hi GoodTxGirl,

Nothing worse than a boring CM. Here's a couple of my favorite recipes, see what you think.

Chicken and Peppers

2 Boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
garlic powder
rosemary
2 green peppers sliced into strips
olive oil

Fry the green peppers in olive oil until soft. Add the chicken, garlic and rosemary and fry until the chicken is done. Salt and pepper to taste. This was orginally made in a crockpot.

Tuna Cassarole

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespsoons onions, diced
1 small can mushrooms, drained
1 clove minced garlic
2 cans tuna
1/2 cup black olives, sliced
1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sour cream
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups cauliflower, I prefer fresh cooked but you can use frozen
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp basil

Cook the cauliflower and drain. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a cassarole dish. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until done.

Mock Potato Salad

4 cups of cauliflower cooked until tender but not mushy, cool.
3 hard boiled eggs chopped
2 scallions chopped
1/2 cup mayonaise
1 tsp vinegar (this can be left out)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together.

Well there's a couple of my favorites. I like CM's that have the vegetable and the protein mixed together. It makes life so much easier. I have lots more recipes if you all are interested I'll post some every once in a while. I'd love any favorite CM idea's anyone would like to share. I'm alway's looking to expand my CM menu.

Dar

Last edited by Dar Babe : Thu, Jan-02-03 at 18:01.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 22:28

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default tried atkins

Hi:

I was on atkins about a year ago, I lost over 10lbs but

found it too restrictive and difficult to follow with the ketosis

thing, I much prefer this plan because its more realistic .

lana
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 07:55
Registered Member

BF:
Default Dar Babe:

I really appreciate the menu ideas...I printed them out and I will definitely try them.......I am on my 8th day at this and Im just now starting to feel a few cravings (for things like McDonald's sausage biscuits) how do you guys deal with these.....sometimes Im buying it and eating it before I even think about it......maybe Im over carbing at dinner ??? And I lost 5 pounds very quickly but nothing has happened in the last 3 days. (My average loss for the week is 4 pounds).
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:31

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool GoodTXgirl

for myself, the carbs I eat at the RM don't make me have cravings the next day. Whenever I have had cravings, I have been able to trace them to something I was doing wrong during the CM's. One time, it was even because I was taking a chewable vitamin C tablet every morning, not realizing that they had sugar in them. Another time, I was eating vegetables that are not on the CAD allowed CM list. Some people find that if they have anything with artificial sweetner in it, that can cause cravings.

Everyone is different of course, so you have to experiment to figure out what it might be that is causing your cravings.

take care
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 09:09

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%
Default cravings

GoodTxGirl

I have to admit that I don't have many cravings on CAD, but the few times that I have had some, I find that telling myself that I can have what I'm craving for my RM is enough. In other words, if I felt like a McD's sausage biscuit, I could have it - but at my RM. Often, by the time my RM comes, the desire for something has passed.

To me, one of the biggest advantages of CAD is that there is NOTHING that you have to give up FOREVER. You can always have it at your RM, which is never more than 23 hours away
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 09:59
Registered Member

BF:
Default slimmin and vel

I am not sure why, on my 8th day Im suddenly having a craving but I do try to hang on (tightly) to the idea that if I really want something I can have it at my RM. This is the time in any new endeavor that my resolve and ability to stick to it, starts to fade...so thank goodness you guys are here and I can tell you about it...my dh would simply say "come on, you always give up...this time stick to it"....I need a little more of a kick heheheh!
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:50
Registered Member

Plan: lc
Stats: 130/128/110 Female 5'1"
BF:33%
Progress: 10%

I find even with CAD, yes, sometimes a hunger/craving will happen, and I may give in... I used to take this as a reason to quit, like as if it didn't really work, but this time I made a commitment to myself to get over it and just keep at it and overall it's working for me.

I discovered I have to have a starch in my RM to keep the cravings away too. If I try to just have a fruit (in hopes of losing faster or something) then I'll crave the carb later. That's why I can't do something like Atkins. Hey, no problem, I get to eat those starches and lose weight!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 22:09
Registered Member

Stats: 219/216/175
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default MIA..BACK!

I'm Back. It's been a while. I am committed. 2003 is MY year!
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 06:09
Registered Member

BF:
Smile On plan and cravings

Hi everyone,
I'm just checking in. I'm still on plan and feeling much better. I have to admit to not balancing my rm very well but my cravings are almost gone. My biggest challenge now is to continue to make sure that I have cm food in the house, cooked and ready to eat. I will make a beef roast tonight. This will supplement my cms and rms for the rest of the week. I like having a large portion of protein cooked and ready to eat. It helps me to stay on plan.

When I do get cravings though I think of the yummiest cm possible and have that. Things like, scallops wrapped in bacon or chicken wings with spicy emeril seasoning or baked cream cheese stuffed jalepeno peppers, yum. These are things that I don't indulge in all the time but that seem really sinful when I eat them for a cm meal or snack especially when I'm craving.
Well I've got to get ready for work now. Keep up the good work everybody.
Dar

Last edited by Dar Babe : Wed, Jan-08-03 at 06:14.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 17:34
Registered Member

BF:

Is peanut butter and celery an allowable snack ?
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 23:09

Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Well, make sure it isn't Jiffy Peanut Butter, LOL

Buy Adam's or freshly ground kind that has no sugar added. I don't remember seeing it on the list of allowed foods, but I have had a teaspoon of it once in a while outside my RM and nothing has happened. However, that is my body and I couldn't tell you if yours will react the same way. I guess it is all really trial and error.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 08:53
Registered Member

BF:
Default IM a peanut butter freak~!

I will go read some labels....I just love peanut butter...I could live on the crunchy kind.....maybe I can find some that is ok