Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 21:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/181/160
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default looking for new CALP friends! Join me!

Thanks for the input Scottty!! I needed to know something. I was trying to get ahold of the book on this diet but I did not know the title. Believe me I won't start this diet unless I read something on it
I am doing good with Atkins but it is very strict.
Thanks for the title.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 21:40

Plan: CALP/Atkins
Stats: 175/155/130
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default For mimami4

Hey mimami4:
Here is your answere... CALP stands for Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Plan by Dr's Heller and Heller. The idea is that you follow the basic low carb plan except for 1 hr a day. In this hour you eat what is called a reward meal. To understand the concept you really should read one of their books. You can check one out at your local library. That is what I usually do. Then if I like the book I go buy it. Saves me lots of $$$$. It is a way of low carbing it with a little leeway. GOOD LUCK
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 05:19

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default hi everyone,

All I know is CALP is working for me. I read the book also CAD and the Healthy for Life by the Hellers and I'm following what the book says and after averaging my weight for this week, I've lost 3.2 lbs. I feel great and recommend anyone that wants to change diets to read first. If you don't , it won't work because you won't do it right. hope this helps. wawtigress
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 07:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Wawtigress is so fortunate!

I am so happy that the CALP works for Wawtigress, and others, as for me I had been on Atkins for about 5 weeks, and lost 8 pounds, then I followed the CALP for a month, as the book instructed, and I only lost 1 pound!!!!!!! :-(( So, for me the CALP would have to be a maintainence diet!

I think it just depend on your motabolism, if this diet will work, and I guess my motabolism is shot to heck and back!

I wish all of you guys switching from the Atkins to the CALP great success!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be cheering you on!

Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 12:07

Plan: CALP/Atkins
Stats: 175/155/130
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Calp and ketosis

Happy Sunday Out there ,
I've been CALPing it for a week or so now. And eating my reward meal for breakfast. And guess what!!! Last night I used a keto stick just for kicks and I was in TRACE KETOSIS! I don't know, maybe it was a fluke but I'm gonna check again tonight. Wish me luck!
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 07:02
Registered Member

Stats: 168/168/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up I'm doing it...

I've been doing the CALP for a week now and it feels good.
None of the lethargy I got with Atkins and I feel a lot more positive. I've been having the reward meal for breakfast and although I haven't weighed myself I feel slimmer (that's half the battle right?)
I lost 8lbs with Atkins put they went back on after one month of following it closely - I think I ate too many calories.
Anyway, I shall monitor my progress and let you know how I get on..
It's nice to see I have company along the way!!!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 09:04
Registered Member

BF:
Default looking for new CALP friends!join me!

Hello all,
Madferret, i thought i was the only one feeling lethargic. Dr Atkins talks about feeling good and having energy but I never did get energy and sometimes I became moody.
I don't know exactly how this CALP works or what the meal plans are. I am looking for the book now. What is the plan?
Maria
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 09:08
Registered Member

BF:
Default looking for new calp friends!join me!

Hello again,
I just scrolled up and saw everyone's replies. I'll check the book out and for now I'll stick with Atkins until I know more about this diet.
Thanks all,
Maria
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 09:12
Registered Member

Stats: 168/168/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Carbohydrate Addicts Life

Basically you need to read the book by the 'Hellers' buy it from Amazon.com. But the main points of the plan are that you have 2 very low carb meals (i suggest less than 5carbs per meal) and then one reward meal which MUST be finished within 60 minutes. This meal must contain EQUAL portions of Veg, Protein and carbs and yes, you can have a dessert as long as this fits in with the carb proportions of this meal.
I'm loving it so far although i'm not sure how much i've lost. I'm going to give it a while before I jump on the scales. I have tons more energy and feel 100 times better. Good luck!
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 09:19
Registered Member

BF:
Default looking for new calp friends!join me!

Thanks!! I'm going to read the book and hope it's for me!
Maria
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 05:45

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Welcome to Cad/Calp

I've been on this diet for about 2months and lost steadily a little over 1 lb every week since then , a couple of times,more. This is a slow weight loss but it will stay gone easier than fast loss. You will love the diet if you stick to the book and read it all not just the menu porrtion because there are other things you need to do if your at a certain point. I get upset with people who say the diet don't work and they've only been on it a week or have abused it mercifully or want to change everything in it,. You're not on the diet now when you change it so badly .You're just floundering for a way of life. You can check out my journal t-z and see how I have done and how I follow the book not make up my own version. Wawtigress
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 07:12
Registered Member

BF:
Default looking for new CALP friends!join me!

Thanks Wawtigress! I agree with you 100%. I don't want to be floundering. The Atkins diet is very strict and it sounds like the CALP diet may work for me but I have to read up on it first.
Thanks
Maria