Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-18, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default Too much peeing

My whole life I've had this issue with being a frequent pee -er. It's so bad its kept me from doing LC (which makes it 10x worse). I now have a job as a cashier, where I go up to 4 hours with no breaks. I salt load and I eat gluten to make myself retain water. It works well. I'm keeping my carbs in the 30s consistently. The day I started that job, the weight loss stopped. I stopped taking the pain relievers days ago and I stopped gaining.

Except no more weight loss. Is it the salt and the gluten? Am I just retaining water and I'm losing fat that's covered in the water retention?

I've lost large amounts of weight at times when I stop eating gluten, my doctor said the water weight was related to inflammation. The last time I stopped I lost 18lbs over a week.The first time I stopped I lost 30lbs in a month.

Unfortunately the job is 6 days a week so there isn't a break where I could stop the gluten and salt.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-18, 08:49

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

1) Exactly how much water do you drink a day?

2) Estimate the frequency and amount in ounces that you urinate during the day.

3) What happens if you do not satisfy your urge to urinate immediately?

Thank You.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-18, 17:06
Registered Member

Have to get back to you on those numbers. Decided to do the test on my day off, might look a little funny at a new job with a bottle of urine.

3. Discomfort mental and physical.

Last edited by nawchem : Mon, Apr-23-18 at 17:14.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-18, 18:32

BF:

When did you start using gluten? Do you use it only to try to control urination? It might be exacerbating the problem - but who knows unless you experiment.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-18, 19:26

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I feel for you--we live in such a rush rush world we have become slaves again. I recently (2 yrs ago) had a job that was peicemeal....paid by the piece. Which meant choseing to not go to the bathroom to make money.... generally meant staying dehydrated....

Kids at school are in the same boat.

Hope you find feasible answers!!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-18, 18:33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
When did you start using gluten? Do you use it only to try to control urination? It might be exacerbating the problem - but who knows unless you experiment.

I discovered it when I had to wait for hours in line to cross into the US border from Mexico. I would eat a burger and it would sort of dry me out for hours. I knew beef didn't cause it. Then I restarted when I got this job. I usually avoid all grains, I feel better that way. Sugar doesn't cause the same water retention as gluten.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-18, 18:36
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
I feel for you--we live in such a rush rush world we have become slaves again. I recently (2 yrs ago) had a job that was peicemeal....paid by the piece. Which meant choseing to not go to the bathroom to make money.... generally meant staying dehydrated....

Kids at school are in the same boat.

Hope you find feasible answers!!!!!!

I could never drink soda at school and it wasn't allowed at home. The job can't be long term for me but its getting me thru micro class and then phlebotomy. Its walking distance from home so no commute. 4 months I can rejoin the full-time job world and drink as much water as I want!

Last edited by Kristine : Sat, Apr-28-18 at 03:35. Reason: Fixing quote tag
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-18, 19:09

BF:

I am so glad this is a short term gig!!! Micro is fun! Phlebotomy.....not so much.... but ai do think of it as a possible job.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-18, 07:54

BF:

maybe some info along these lines, I wish you well!

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic...-urination-why/
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 11:37
Registered Member

Default Thanks Thud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
maybe some info along these lines, I wish you well!

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic...-urination-why/

Wow, I never realized it was a big issue with celiacs. I've complained many times about the issue. The drs never did a thing about it. I think I may have low aldosterone causing me to not retain sodium. My sodium and potassium are low end of normal with supplementation. Every time I get a blood test I'm too dehydrated to get the blood to flow out and the phlebotomist has me drink 500 mL water.

I was wrong about it affecting weight loss. I've lost 10lbs in the 2 weeks I've been glutening and salting. I think it was the ibuprofen I took for 4 days caused all the weight gain. I was taking 600-1200mg a day.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 12:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Congrats on the ten pounds!

Because your issue is "disconfort" as opposed to "control" this might be useless, but have you ever tried kegel exercises? It's a simple exercise to strengthen your pelvic floor, which helped many women after childbirth or as they age, but it's for issues with dribbling.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 18:59
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Congrats on the ten pounds!

Because your issue is "disconfort" as opposed to "control" this might be useless, but have you ever tried kegel exercises? It's a simple exercise to strengthen your pelvic floor, which helped many women after childbirth or as they age, but it's for issues with dribbling.

I started doing those a long time ago and also tried using the patches that are supposed to help- nothing works. I believe I have a hormonal imbalance in my adrenals, aldosterone that I just don't retain salt or water well.

thanks Robin!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-18, 10:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
I started doing those a long time ago and also tried using the patches that are supposed to help- nothing works. I believe I have a hormonal imbalance in my adrenals, aldosterone that I just don't retain salt or water well.

thanks Robin!

Hope you have get some relief, so to speak! If you find anything that hekps, can you please share it? My husband is a teacher and has the most overactive bladder of all time. It's so bad that we first met, I asked to check his blood sugar, because I thought he might be diabetic. Nope, he just has to per all the time.
Because of his work, he won't drink almost anything all day at work because he can't take a break. Sometimes he gets so dehydrated he gets terrible leg cramps at night

And only 77 percent of Americans think teachers deserve to earn more?

Thanks for posting this topic- he is also gluten free (but not low carb), because gluten gives him GI stuff.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-18, 11:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Hope you have get some relief, so to speak! If you find anything that hekps, can you please share it? My husband is a teacher and has the most overactive bladder of all time. It's so bad that we first met, I asked to check his blood sugar, because I thought he might be diabetic. Nope, he just has to per all the time.
Because of his work, he won't drink almost anything all day at work because he can't take a break. Sometimes he gets so dehydrated he gets terrible leg cramps at night

And only 77 percent of Americans think teachers deserve to earn more?

Thanks for posting this topic- he is also gluten free (but not low carb), because gluten gives him GI stuff.

Has the prostate been checked????

All the kids are dehydrated too. No water allowed in class. My son has a doctors note to be able to have a bottle of water in class.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-18, 12:15
Registered Member

Robin only think I've got is 1 buillon cube about 2 hrs before work and the kit of chicken or tuna salad. It has about 8 small crackers. Then no other fluids for several hours before work. This works fine for me.

Then I sip small amounts of water at work.