Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 23:11

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

Oh, I am very sure that is part of why I do not find it too funny. Maybe I am a bit sensitive,that was a very good observation. I usually have a pretty good sense of humor and try hard not to take offense. But some of those posts did bother me. But hey, I do not have to read it if it bothers me and I quit reading once it did, easy fix right !! Stephie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 00:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Typical morons who believe they have all the answers and that their knowledge is beyond question.

If you think they are bad, try checking out vegan forums on what they think of Atkins.

I can't believe I was led into thinking vegan was a healthy way to eat (back in the day).
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: protein powerhouse!
Stats: 326/310/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Ya know, I'm getting so sick of defending how I eat. I'm getting so sick of casual, ignorant comments people make "that is soo bad for your heart" "all that fat is so bad for you" that I'm beginning to think I should just keep this WOE to myself. It's way too depressing.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 00:57

Plan: My Own Evil Plan
Stats: 260.0/250/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheWooo
I also find it interesting that most people seem to think obesity is caused by lack of exercise. I suppose it makes them feel better about being so judgmental (even though most of them don't exercise, either, yet are thin). If you imagine fat people to fit the "unproductive and lazy" stereotype, you are justified in your hatred?

I agree with you, exercise is not a magic fat-be-gone pill (I wish!). Physical activity is great for your body, but you still have to deal with the calories you consume to lose weight. It takes hours of physical activity just to burn off the average fast food meal with a regular coke.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 01:13
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

I personally found it really amusing. I think so many people have a humour bypass, yeah for sure those people are just pain stoopid, but in my opinoin that's what makes it even MORE funny.
I wasn't laughing at what they were saying because I thought they were right, I was laughing at them for being so darn stupid!!!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 10:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/200/170 Male 68 in
BF:
Progress: 57%

From the Simpsons:
Homer: So you think you know better than this family, eh? Well as long as you're in my house you'll do what I do and believe what I believe! So butter your bacon!
Bart: Yes father.
Homer: ... Bacon up that sausage, boy!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 01:54
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa
From the Simpsons:
Homer: So you think you know better than this family, eh? Well as long as you're in my house you'll do what I do and believe what I believe! So butter your bacon!
Bart: Yes father.
Homer: ... Bacon up that sausage, boy!