Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-28-01, 23:04
Registered Member

Plan: Own Combinations, just trying not to exceed 20g/day..Struggling tho
Stats: 174/160/125
BF:
Progress:
Wink Dont be surprise where I am from!!

Well now we haf a member from Malaysia!! Thats me!! *bows bows..curtsey and everything*

Low carbing isnt being practice here in this country.. I wont be surprise if I am the 1st person tryin to loose weight eating all those fatty stuffs.....thanks to the availibilty of the internet. Everything on low fat and sugar processed products is easily available..To go low carb..we just hafta choose the correct food mostly natural ( which is better i think..but a hassle when intending a quick meal... as fa me i am glad I can still grab a piece of cheese).

Talk about Atkins...low carb food supplements..and other products..its not available here. Read me thread that I posted under `Tips Stalls and Plateau*...my 3 days experience on low carb but still managed to loose 3lbs after a plataeu. I need2burn 26 lbs at least...I started low carbing 3 days ago..lolol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-28-01, 23:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hello need2burn, welcome aboard, particularly for the first Malaysian member! And congrats on your loss!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 12:13
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Thank You Wa'il

Took me quite sumtime to figure who Wa'il is...lol..I am slow huh?..Fat ppl usually slow...so they say..
I did thank you fa ya warm welcome in me other thread! Are ya ignoring me? I will take ya busy as the reason fa ya not responding to me.
Heh heh ..you see i am an attention seeker...especially when I think about how how other ppl will and could enjoy the scrumptious delight at a dinner invitation I am gonna attend tommorrow.. Most of the cushine gonna contain sugar and high carb stuffs...grrrr

Ok I promise to fill me tummy up with 2 hard boil eggs and 3 slices of cheese b4 i attend the dinner and think of you when i am lookin at thefood on the table...

Wa'il...just wonderin if ever survey being done to market Aktin's products in Malaysia??

#4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 12:50
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi, no I'm not ignoring you. Why would I do that.

My email inbox is so busy, it takes a long time to get to them. But glad you posted in the forum so everyone can help as well.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 23:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello, need2burn, welcome to the forum!

Wow, we are really acquiring an international membership! Even here in Canada, right next door to the US, it's hard to find low-carb 'products.' Frankly, I think this is a pretty good thing, since, as you point out, it's better to stick to the basic, natural products (in my humble opinion, at least).

How did your dinner go? I too have filled up on low-carb stuff before attending a dinner where I won't be able to eat much .... it sure makes it easier to ignore the carby stuff.

I love your accent .... it comes through even in your writing .... I'd love to hear a tape of you!

Cheers,
Rachel
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 02:42
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Talking Greetings Rachel!!

Thanks fa the welcome...now I feel more and more cozy in here. Feels good to haf sumone else other then Doreen and Wa'il feeding back to me...*hint hint* *winks winks to others*
and Wa'il.oh Wa'il I know ya busy was just ticklin ya!

I do try stick to the basics and naturals...Rach..sumtimes ya know you just love one of those quickies when ya feel the hunger pangs.

Dinner is tonight (my end) about 3 hrs to go...so I did stuffed meself with a whole chicken leg, half cup of dark green royal mustard leaves(kinda veg..looks like a combo of kale and baby mustard leaves..*giggles) for lunch and drinkin lotsa water and I am gonna stuff meself again with the same menu..right b4 i leave fa the dinner..and bite a slice of cheese while driving towards the hotel where they gonna hold the wedding reception...and then think alot of Doreen and Wa'il and YOU!! Sumhow I am still figurin howta `not to' offend the host when food is served - you haf any plans?? If theres chicken or beef...maybe i will take few bites and chew slowly eh?? and tell them i am havin bad tummy tonite haha ha!!

As fa me accent..yup lotsa friends in net told me i haf a major accent problem.. not only when i talk to them over voice chat...like what ya said it shows even when i typed (actually those are my bad at spellins). I haf yahoo messenger where ya be able voice chat if we wanna listen to each other.. I hold the same handle `need2burn'

About the Dr.Atkin's book..i managed to hassle a special friend from states to hunt one and send it to me..it make take nother coupla weeks till i can read it tho.

Keep in touch Rach..love hearin from ya!!

#7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 03:01
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Tama,

It's the middle of the night here, and I have terrible insomnia

Anyway my dear, I copied this Thread of messages into the Introductions forum, so more folks will get a chance to meet you. I think folks sometimes forget to scroll down the home page to visit all the other forums ...

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-01, 00:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 255/222/150
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Hello and Welcome

Nice to have someone from the other side of things. My best friend has been to Napal and soon going to Cambodia are you anywhere near there - I'll have to look Malaysia up on a map - Sorry geographically challenged here.

I live in the US - Oklahoma - Hot and sunny. Atkin's isn't very popular here but diet pills, anit depressants and anorexia are! I've NEVER met so many people on pills. I don't know any women here that aren't on or haven't been on an antidepressant. Crazy town - I'm originally from Pennsylvania and the people their are big eaters and love thick, heavy ethnic foods especially during all the winter months. And might I add they are more content with themselves. Very different cultures that's for sure!

Glad to have you aboard - tell us about your country each day as you post - I love learning about other cultures!

Donna
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-01, 08:11
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally posted by DonnaVT

..... I've NEVER met so many people on pills. I don't know any women here that aren't on or haven't been on an antidepressant. Crazy town -
This is giving me flashbacks to the 60's. Remember The Stepford Wives? And how about "In the Year 2525" ... the lines " ... everything you think, do and say ....... is in the pill that you took today ..."

And they tell us it's for our own good.

Sheeeesh ..

Doreen
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-01, 06:24
Registered Member

Stats: 203/202!!!/160
BF:
Progress:
Talking English Gal

Hi, It must be hard doing the low-carbing when you are the only one around doing it. I am from England and although i am not the only one there still doesnt seem to be that much interest in it over here yet. We Brits are a little more sceptical at first, but i hope to prove them all wrong.

Anyway i have got to go as my son is off school ill and i am at his beck and call. I hope to speak to you soon.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-01, 18:22

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 185/180/125
BF:
Progress:
Default We are close I live in Korea

We are stationed in Seoul South Korea and I don't think anyone here is on a low carb diet. My husband is doing well on the diet but I am having a difficult time. I think it would be easier if I were in the USA.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 171/155/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hello from Toronto!

I just returned from a trip to Singapore and Malaysia and I can imagine that it is hard following the diet as Malaysian food is so amazingly good : apum balik, murtabak...ummm...ummm...ummm

What a beautiful country you live in!

Good luck on your diet.

Cheers,

Jenn
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 02:38

Stats: 205/190/165
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi need2!

I just want to say that I LOVE Malaysia. We took a family vacation there a few years ago and spent a whole month. We had a WONDERFUL time and would like to go back again. We still talk about it occasionally.

I am from southern California and have lived here in Dubai for the last 13 years. I don't know of too many people that are low-carbing here. But I do know of LOTS of people that try all sorts of different ways to lose weight.

I have found that I have become quite creative in my cooking and I think that sticking to natural things are best (no preservatives or hidden stuff).

Lorrie
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-01, 17:10

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey, this is a great thread. Hello to everyone from all over the world, and well done to the person who thought of the thread in the first place (Doreen?). It gives a splash (or taste) of international flavour, which can only enrich us all.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 22:12

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Need2burn!

Apa kabar! (How are you?)

Very glad to have you here especially you are just in a neighbouring country! From Singapore here!!!

I just got the same thoughts as you in choices of foods here... and hope that you have already lost a couple of weight without touching the laksa, murtabak, roti prata, chicken rice, nasi lemak, ketupat etc etc...

I am trying hard too~~slurp!

P.S. Singapore doesnt seem to have any Atkins food products anyway~ just more of books and such~ guess still takes time for asians to accept this WOE...esp we have been allergic to rice for long long God knows ages!

***The Roti Prata still lingering in my mind, though decided to touch it less ***