Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 03:48
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 180/159/128 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 40%
Question en France ca n'est pas si facile...

Bonjour ! Hello !
Y a-t-il d'autres francais ici ?
I am looking for french dieters (any lowcarb way) to help and share
Merci !
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 06:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 70 in
BF:
Progress: 50%

Salut,

Je suis américaine, mais j'habite à Paris. Je trouve aussi que c’est pas toujours facile !

I find that sticking to Meat, Butter, Cream, Eggs, Veggies and Cheese is easier here than in the states (due to the higher quality and lower price of these items). HOWEVER, desserts and any kind of LC bread or other "specialty" foods are non-existant!

There is a "flan non-sucre" that you can add educolorant to and then use as sugar-free pudding mix in plenty of recipes. I've found that making ice cream is one of my best treats, though!

Have you had any great product finds?

(...by the way, you can answer in french or english...comme vous voulez!)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 09:58
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you very much, Amylee
Well, I found "fromage blanc en faisselle", which, in Lyon, we eat with cream (and sugar or substitute)
MIAM !
try it ! [you can look it up under he name La Laitière]
A bientôt
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 13:05

Stats: 180/165/150 Female 70 in
BF:
Progress: 50%

I guess that's sort of like a Petite Suisse (40%) with edulcorant (which I really love, by the way)! What a great mid-afternoon snack!

I've also (the last few days) made a pretty good mousse au chocolat for dessert:

~50cl crème liquide et de l'edulcorant, battu un petit peu avec un batteur éléctrique
2 petite c. à s. cacao (en poudre, non-sucre)
3 bonne c. à s. mascarpone
sweeten more as desired...for me, this is 3-4 packets total of Splenda (a sugar substitute that I always import...)

Mix all of this together. (I always use an electric mixer, but perhaps un fouet would work too.)

If it's too thick (which is often the case), I add a little bit more cream (continuing to mix) until it looks (and tastes) good.

This makes 2 pretty generous servings...roughly 5-6g net carbs each. If you're not willing to eat that many carbs yet, you could make less and still have a really nice dessert. (I eat 30-35g per day at the moment). I also put a tiny bit of whipped cream on top. (The kind that you buy in the store in the squirt can that actually has sugar in it...but I just use a tiny bit--probably another 1g carb...)

Bon appétit!
- Amy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 00:15
Registered Member

BF:

It's rather like cottage cheese, but in one big piece : you pour some full fat liquid cream on it and mmmmm...
Or I remembered an old recipe of the Vosges region : fromage blanc (or cootage cheese) whipped with garlic and herbs
Normally you eat it with potatoes, but you can easily eat meat (I had it yesterday) or cauliflower...
Bon appetit, Madame !
Well, Ill be on holidays for 1 week
So Good bye for now
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 14:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/143/125 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation La vie en Suisse est aussi n'facile pas pour LC

Bonjour Mesdames ou Mademoiselles,
Je m'appelle Lisa Teegarden. J'ai quatantre quatre ans and j'abite a cote d'Lausanne,Ch. What relief to know that someone else is fighting the bread battle also. I have found what you say to be true. Cost is prohibitive and if it gives you any clue- I shop in Divonne. France because it is sooooooo much cheaper than here! Ha!
By the way the mall in Lyon is super -Layfayette Galeries- especially when you haven't been to one at all in a long time.
I am still in induction- so its pretty much eggs,gruyere cheese or parmesean, poulet grille is good too. But the balsamic vinegar problem is driving me crazy- Do you all use it or not? If not what do you use on your salad? I shop at Carrefour and any brand names that you can pass along would be great. I also am using Sweet'nLow because that's what I brought with me. Do you think that's an issue? What about espresso? I have a Nespresso machine and I don't think I can give that up totally! Great to know you are LC ing too. Any help would be appreciated.
Au revoir and bon soiree,
Lisa Teegarden
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 09:27
Registered Member

BF:
Red face Bonjour !

Just came back from one week with my mother (Et 2 kilogs de plus, deux !) and helping my daughter get into school : she is 11 and going into college (french one, obviously) for the first time
So it was a little hectic here
Plus, I bought a new laptop and had to move all my mail from the first one to the second one, and I was sure happy to have a comuter-understanding husband
Well, here I am
happy to meet you all
I lost 1 1/2 pounds last week (presque la ou j'en etais avant...)
I switched from full-fledged coffee to decaf and flavoured chicoree (Leroux brand with some protein powder and soy milk and plenty of aspartam
I still cannot find extract of stevia here, and the "grass" is very "grassy" to my taste : where do you order it, please ?
I still cannot quit sugary taste
Hope all this heat did not hurt you and autumn will be mild and thin
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 15:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%
Talking Je suis Française

Salut!
Je suis Française, mais je suis neé a Mexico. Depuis cinq ans j`habite a Barcelone.
Excusez moi si ma grammaire n'est pas bonne, il faut pratiquer, absolument!
Je pense que en France c'est plus facile de suivre un regime LC. Il y a tellement de choses a manger! beaucoup de varieté.
Les gateaux sont delicieux! mmmmm et les fromages....et les yougurt....et....mmmmmm

Last edited by becky160 : Tue, Sep-09-03 at 16:03.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 18:20

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 161/130/132 Female 5'7"
BF:40%/?/We'll see
Progress: 107%
Cool

Salut!

je suis Française aussi, et j'habite au Québec. Je suis originaire de Pau (Pyrénées-Atlantiques). J'ai commencé le régime Atkins fin Juin et je trouve cela relativement facile... pour l'instant! Mais je maigris très lentement.

Agnès
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 10:09
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Bonjour !

Quel bonheur de voir que nous sommes plusieurs francophones !
(J'ai habite Pau pendant 6 ans)
Atkins seems to be slower for French people, as we are used to eating vegetables and salad every day, and THIS must be new for some American people
So our insulin problem must be a little less crucial than it is for cereal and burgers -eating persons
C'est mon humble avis...:-)
A propos de gateaux, comment les sucrer ? en France, il n'y a pas de stevia en extrait (je n'en ai pas trouve, du moins) et le splenda n'a pas encore ete invente (je me trompe ?)
Et il est TRES mal de suivre Atkins ; d'ailleurs, les magazines le condamnent severement sans examen
Brrr !
Bon courage à toutes !
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 12:00

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 161/130/132 Female 5'7"
BF:40%/?/We'll see
Progress: 107%

Tu devrais commander du Splenda sur le site du Dr.Atkins ou bien sur le site de Splenda, ici. Tu peux l'utiliser dans tes boissons ou pour faire de la pâtisserie.

Bon courage
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 19:57
Registered Member

Default Salut!

Je suis très contente. Depuis le 1ère septembre j'ai perdu 5,58 lbs!!!! (un peu plus de 2 kilos et demi!!!) INCROYABLE!

Il me fault vraiment pratiquer mon Français, alors, j' essayrai de passer par ici des temps en temps.

J'ai ouverte une nouvelle "Thread" qui s'appelle "Welcome All European Low Carbers." Elle est dans la section de Buddies and Challenges. Visitez-moi, et jettez un coup d'oeil!

Last edited by becky160 : Wed, Sep-10-03 at 20:06.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 03:45
Registered Member

BF:

Le problème avec les commandes aux USA ou au Canada, c'est que les frais de port s'elevent a 2é (vingt-deux) dollars !
Je cherche en Europe, pour limiet les frais !
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 21:01
Registered Member

Françoise, Agnés, Salut les filles!

It is been quite long since you posted any messages in here. Hummm? In the All Europeans thread we all wonder where you are!

Stop by at any time, vous nous manquez!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 09:00
Registered Member

Stats: 158/143/127 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

Un peu tard mais me voici. Je suis francaise, nee a Paris mais j'habite depuis longtemps en Israel, depuis 1968. Et si je dis que je suis arrivee ici a l'age de 14 ans...
J'ai paase le mois dernier une semaine merveilleuse a Paris, mais moins de six heures apres avoir atterri, j'avais deja renonce a suivre Atkins!
Moi aussi j'ai besoin de pratiquer mon francais mais je comprends tres bien l'anglais apres avoir habite 3 ans a San Francisco.
J'aurais cru que meme le mot Atkins serait tabou en France et d'ailleurs je n'ai pas reussi a trouver un forum parlant francais.
Ici en Israel nous n'avons pas non plus de splenda mais quelque chose de similaire contenant aussi du sucralose. Personnellement je ne me sers de rien de ceci et je me debrouille sans substituts. De toutes manieres, je n'ai jamais ete une cuisiniere accomplie!
Je me rends compte que j'ai papote trop longuement mais je serai tres heureuse de le refaire. Surtout d'echanger avec vous les idees de repas que nous faisons.
Parler de nourriture ne fait pas grossir