Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 10:50

Plan: Dash of Atkins, Bit of Protein Power
Stats: 145/129/115
BF:
Progress: 53%
Lightbulb Movie snacks?

Ok, I've been doing LC for about 6 weeks now and there have been plenty of temptations (Outback pumpernickel bread was torture to resist). But today I'm going to the movies! Aahh! I love to snack on gummi worms, sweet tarts, etc. at the movies, and now I shouldn't. What do you guys do about the movie snack situation? I appreciate any help I can get.

Stacy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:32
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Wink Sneak in food

You better sneak in some nuts or you'll go nuts! That's what happened to me. I brought in a bottle of water and when I was told I couldn't, I lied. I said I was diabetic and needed the water.
They let me right in!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:38

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%

I am a crazy movie buff (this weekend I saw Life as a House and The One- don't ask, it was my bf's pick) and going to the movies and not having popcorn was the worst experience, until I created this challenge for myself. I bring a 32oz of H2O (w/ a sqirt mouth) and I have to drink it by the end of the movie...but you must be warned, you may have to visit the BR half way thru the movie. I do have a couple of pieces of my bf's popcorn. The nuts sounds like a good idea, but I would wanted way too many to do me any good. Try a huge bottle of H20 and everytime you want to eat something take a drink. I probably look like a crazy person, constantly sucking on my water bottle...lol

Good Luck.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile

or you can sneak the little cubes of cheese and slim jims or beef jerky in....thats what we do...plus tons of water
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 15:03
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Pumpkin or sunflower seeds. YOu go through them a lot slower because of the shells - even if you are a sheell eater. It can be dangerous to chow down on too many nuts.

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 16:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/237/200 Male 6'5"
BF:35/29/20
Progress: 44%

Have you tried pine kernels They're just 3.8g per 100 carb, so much better for you than most nuts, and you get *hundreds* in a 100g bag!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 17:47

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default cheese

Hi...for me I like cheese pieces and/or pepperoni pieces. You can cut them up before you leave home...or buy the ones in packages.

I'd stay away from Pork Rinds at the movies........they are just far too crunchy!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 18:01

Stats: 168/168/140
BF:
Progress:

Hi Seamaster,

What a great idea. I just love pine kernels (my god we sound like Jamie Oliver lol .

Keep 'em coming.

By for now

Jo
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 20:25

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Do people still eat sweet tarts?

Are you referring to those TUM like candies that would absolutely make you puker (and even the thought of them is making me pucker now LOL) because they were so..... TART!!??

I used to LIVE on those as a kid. They were my first and foremost favourite candy next to Sponge Toffee................. you've just given me a thought for another thread.....

THANKS
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 14:59

Plan: Sorta Gen LC
Stats: 176/174/145
BF:
Progress: 6%

Coarsely grated pecorino romano, eaten slowly (shred by shred) makes for a good popcorn substitute. you don't have the crunch but you have the richness and major salt. Yum!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 13:46
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 220/190/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default where do you get pine kernals

I have never heard of pine kernals. Can I get them in the US? And if so where! Thanks gang!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 14:27

Stats: 279/238/165
BF:
Progress: 36%

I have been reluctent to go to the movies since I started my woe-

But ET was reappearing and I had to take my 23 year old son to the FIRST MOVIE we had ever attended.

We weent to the show right after a low-carb lunch-I did NOT want to eat or deviate-it was just fine!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 19:56
Registered Member

Plan: protein diet and adkins, slenderwiegh, tae-bo
Stats: 220/158/145
BF:
Progress: 83%

I have found the best sugar free candy... russell stover's peanut butter cups... omg they're good, just make sure not to od on them. Lisa
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 288/270/150
BF:
Progress: 13%

I never did like the prices of food and candy at the movies and sneeking stuff in was mostly a candy bar or two so now I either eat before or after and don't sneek at all. When you still have to have something while your there order a diet pop thats not going to hurt cha
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:07

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking Nuts!!!

One of the best advantages of being on Neanderthin is I can eat all of the nuts, fruits, etc., that I want without worrying about weight gain...not necessarily a lot of loss if I eat a lot of nuts, but no gain. I don't count, I just don't eat dairy, grains, sugar, or nightshades. That cuts out cheese, gummy worms, pop corn, soda pop...what to do? WHAT TO DO??? I eat walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower kernals, almonds, hazel nuts...all thrown in a baggie. Smuggle in a bottle of water (At $7a movie, I'm not paying the exhorbitant fee they ask for all that junk food, anyway!). After that, I break out the Frito-Lay 2 for a dollar package of sunflower seeds and crack them and eat them to my heart's content...there are only 180 calories and not that much fat in an entire package of the things and they will take you through about two movies before you can finish one bag.