Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 11:13

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking Diane

I believe it can be both, depending on tom.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 11:27

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Progress: 9%

Gotcha! Josee, I do hope your significant other gets well very soon. I also have friends who have suffered the same and it is a tough row to hoe. Give him my regards and hope you're holding up well also!
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 19:31

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HELLO

HI EVERYONE,
3RD DAY OF ATKINS. DOING PRETTY GOOD. ALTHOUGH I DID FEEL TIRED THIS AFTERNOON. I ATE ABOUT 20 CARBS TODAY. I TELL YOU THAT SUGAR FREE JELLO IS A LIFESAVER. IT HELPS WITH THE SWEET TOOTH.

B-TURKEY, CHEESE
L-GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
D-STEAK, SAUSAGE, CHEESE, ASPARAGUS

JELLO

I'M HAVING A DAMN PROBLEM WITH THE CONSTIPATION. I HAVE NOT BOUGHT A REMEDY YET, I THOUGHT I COULD WAIT IT OUT, BUT I'LL BE AT THE STORE TOMORROW. I'M DRINKING ALL THE WATER.

HEY, DOES ANYONE HAVE A CHEESECAKE RECIPE? WITH CREAMCHEESE?

JOSEE- HOPE EVERYTHING IS OK!

UNTIL TOMORROW...
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 20:19

BF:

Hi Cris! Constipation was always a problem for me, too, when I eliminated the carbs. My suggestion is Jason Winters Intestinal Cleanser. It's extremely effective, natural and contains nothing but the fiber and soy flour and magnesium. This never got in the way of my program and I took it every day for a very long time. There is no dependency to worry about. For some reason, even though I eat HUGE amounts of veggies and drink HUGE amounts of water, I need carbs to stay regular. Don't know what the association is exactly. Just my mechanics. I have talked to many people who have the same problem when LC'ing. I think the address is

http://www.sirjasonwinters.com/

This was a big help for me. Good luck!!
  #110   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 22:51

BF:
Default Check in

Hope this finds you all well.

B 6 eggs fried in canolla, or olive oil, don't remember now, darn spread mayonnaise on top

L sardines

D I cooked a chicken smothered in basil, parsley, garlic in the dutch oven, then I put mushrooms and celery in the juices and let them cook. I had a leg and thigh, 1 1/2 eggs - deviled, half an avacado, 1 cup salad 3 T mayonnaise.

Low fat BE GONE!

Cris: Milk of magnesia?
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 04:49

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Default Thanks!

Thank you guys for all your threads.

He drove home yesterday, and is relaxing. He feels better already after taking his meds. And I'm glad to have him home.

Yes by the way... DH means Dear Husband... On bad days though it could mean so much more ;o)

Yesterday's Meals:

BR: 1 yogourt, 1 coffee
L: bok choy mixed with beef
D: Went out to Baton Rouge, had tortilla chips with spinach dip, then had their ribs (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE) and fries. I hardly ate any fries, the ribs were so good and filling. Oh and I also had 2 slings (and felt it after only 2 drinks!!!!!!!!!)

I drink water but definitely not enough. I don't know what happened. I used to drink a ton and all of a sudden I stopped. I wonder how I can make myself drink more... If anyone has any suggestions?
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 06:34

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default FINALLY

HI GUYS,
I AM FINALLY SEEING SOME RESULTS. I AM DOW 3.4 POUNDS SINCE SUNDAY. THIS IS SO ENCOURAGING TO ME. YOU ALL KNOW HOW OBSESSED I AM. I STARTED SUNDAY AT 151.2 AND TODAY I WAS 147.8. NOW I LIKE THIS SCALE!

ANYHOW, JOSEE GALD TO HEAR ABOUT DH. MY DH WAS JUST SNORING SOOO LOUDLY THAT I GOT OUT OF THE BED. AND DH IS NOT FOR DEAR HUSBAND RIGHT NOW.

OK. I'LL WRITE MY MENU DOWN LATER.

BASpider- THAT CHICKEN SOUNDS GOOD. SOMETIMES I DIP CHICKEN CUTLETS IN EGG, THEN GRATED CHEESE AND BAKE THEM WITH BUTTER, LEMON, GARLIC AND PARSLEY. REALLY GOOD.

GOOD LUCK GUYS
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 07:31

BF:

So glad to see Cris finally getting some results! Know what you mean by the snoring husband thing, too. Have to move to another area of the house sometimes! I have never given a thought to the fat aspect, spider and it's never seemed to make a difference with the CALP. If I can't have the carbs, I had better have something! Definitely having chicken tonight....both suggestions sounded soooo good!
  #114   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 09:28

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Thumbs up

I am so happy. I just put on my old fat pants after just washing them and they are so big I can't believe it. Baggy butt.... it aint very pretty. LOL. So I am standing in the bathroom looking in the mirror thinking, "OMG, I once FILLED these to the point of poppin' ". I am so pleased.

This morning I was down a half a pound. Every little bit makes me happy!! I have been eating good, drinking tons of water, and taking my chromium.

Josee...... how about carry a big old water bottle with you everywhere you go? I do. Works great.

Keep up the good work folks,
Libby
  #115   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 09:37

BF:

Way to go Libby!! This really is a great program...wonderful that you're seeing it succeed! Nothing better for your self-esteem than a pair of big ol' baggy pants that once fit like a glove! Take care and keep it up!
  #116   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 09:44

BF:
Default Good morning all

Cris, your chicken sounds yummy!! I'm allergic to cheese, but oh do I love it!!

Josee, I'm glad your dh is home and well enough to drive himself at that!

I snore now. When I wasn't so overweight, I didn't, I just ground my teeth.

I'm down to 130 this morning. Haven't seen that in over a year! I think the fat worked. Whoda thunk it!
  #117   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 10:02

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Smile Thanks

Thanks Ofdawagon! I appreciate it. I also get a kick out of the little scale under our profile and seeing the % change. I think whoever made that up was one smart low-carb cookie!

I also wanted to send my best wishes to the DH whom I hope will be feeling better soon. That is scary.

So......... ya'll got any mini goals or rewards planned for when you get to those mini-goals? I haven't yet decided what my next mini goal will be but I do have my new Everlast sports bra/tank top thangys on layaway at Wallymart. That is going to be my reward for my next goal. It was silly...... but I got one in each color and layaway was a good place to "keep" them until I reward myself with them.

mini goal= something I made up.
Remember to make your mini goals reasonable and achievable.

You all are doing so great!!
Libby
  #118   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 12:38

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Sorry to have been away!

I'm glad to read all the great posts since I last visited!!

Chris!! Congrats on finally seeing that stupid scale budge!! I'm sure you're feeling excited and charged!

Spider: Congrats to you too!!

Libby: YOU TOO!!

Wow.. everyone is doing so well.

I've been eating on plan.. I haven't weighed in 2 days though. Got a visit from TOM and I just know I've gained because of it. I don't want to depress myself by getting on the scale until "he's" gone. THEN I hope to see some loss!

I'll post menu later.. just wanted to stop by, read up and say "howdy!"

Lisa
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 17:41

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default checkin

B: none

L: Ham, mushroom and cheese omlette
coffee

D: Steak, spinach, mushrooms, small red potato, salad,
chocolate ice cream

Water will reach 64 oz before bedtime.
  #120   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 17:51

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Cool Congratulations

Congratulations everyone!! I see there has been a lot of success since my hiatus. I'm glad to be back and I just want to say hello.

So far I've lost only one pound, but I'm telling myself that it's only been a week and I haven't kept up with the exercise. I will rededicate myself so I can get some % my my name.

Can someone tell me how much water is enough? I've been shooting for 100oz per day.