Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 08:27
"Hopeless Romantic"

Plan: 000000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Food??

Thank you all for your advice to my previous thread and I will certainly try to pinpoint (if possible) as to my triggers. Just to add to it maybe you can help me figure this out. First of all, the time was not a factor. The dinner was buffet so I kept as eye on the time. Lots easier when you are not waiting on service. I wish it was that simple because that would be very easy to fix. Anyway, this is what I passed on and am very proud of myself!!! Warm buns passed around the table, wine on the table, open bar, perogies, garlic roast potatoes, potato salad, mac salad, coleslaw, fruit salad cold cuts and fresh fruit (higher carb ones). Instead, I chose, lots of lettuce salad with dressing, broccoli salad, fresh cucumbers, steamed broc and caul, 6-7 oz pork loin. then I had a slice of cheesecake, 3T of hubby's trifle and 3T of apple pie. I felt really satisfied and full when the meal was done. Including the options i passed would not have made a difference in fullness because i would have ate them as well as all that dessert just adding more calories. The next day was really awful for hunger and I'm sure its the sugar in the desserts. Darn!!!!! I stayed on my plan but it was so hard. All I thought about was grabbing something to eat to stop the pangs. Had lots of water but that didnt do it. By lunch time I had salad with 5 sausages (a little too much but better than what was in my head) and that held me till supper. I didnt think it would but I felt good. No time for a longer lunch (to cook veg) and then supper wasnt until 10pm! We were out and I couldnt get a meal till then and wanted to follow plan not have the junk around me. No dessert though and in the morning, felt no gnawing in my guts. PLEASE DONT LET IT BE THE DESSERTS. I LOVE THEM AND LOOK At THEM FIRST BEFORE MY DINNER. Anyway, thank you all for reading my very long post and I am so happy to have this forum for support and expertise.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 12:14
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Could be the sugar. Some people are actually allergic to sugar. Or it could be dairy. Allergic reactions do cause gnawing in the gut. And they cause cravings too.

I would watch it and observe. You might need to use sf treats when you have them if it's sugar or you might have to limit your dairy.

Don't have sugar and dairy together until you narrow down the culprit.

Or it could be MSG. Restaurants are notorius for putting MSG in just about everything. MSG can cause wicked cravings in CADers.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 15:14

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I totally agree with everything Zuleikaa said, and I want to urge you not to give up on CAD yet. For all you know, that pork loin could have beem marinated in a pure MSG solution.

You might find that different desserts affect you differently. I have definately had that experience. When I eat things with a lot of flour, like pie crust, I can be cravy and not lose weight. And yet I can eat ice cream or chocolate with no problems. We are all a little different and it takes time to fine tune this program to our particular bodies.

Just don't give up, it really is a wonderful WOE.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:05
"Hopeless Romantic"

Plan: 000000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 26%

Thank you both for your responses. I will definitely try to not have certain things and see how I do. I really like this plan because I was always hungry on low-fat and this seems perfect to me. Could it be that I have finally found what i need to do to get this weight off? Please let it be true. I have the will inside of me and all you experts for support so I dont see why not. Kind of scary.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 19:15

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

You have found it. Just give it some time to start working the magic. Like Tracy, I've have a little more trouble with pie. I usually just leave thea crust. It's the middle I'm after anyway!

This woe requires a lot of faith. I was lacking a little this week, but have gotten back on track thanks to all the great friends here.

Deb
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 14:55

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi!
I also have trouble with certain desserts... I want to eat an entire cake if it is in the house, but a ice cream cone is perfect for me.

I also do better if I make sure I am plenty of protein in my meal. If I really want to do things right.. which for me is very rare, I eat a salad first, veggies, plenty of protein ( I don't love meat so I tend to skip the protein part ) and then my dessert or carbs or both.

Sometimes I think variety in my problem.. I notice I don't do well after a buffet, but I enjoy them so still go once in awhile.

Good luck to you and hope you find all the answers... this is harder in the beginning. Take Care, Kandi