Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 20:23

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default LOL

Spider: That IS how I weigh myself!!

Chris: I think it might be an idea if you went to your doctor's
office and have the nurse weigh you on their scale. It
probably wouldn't even cost you a co-payment since you
wouldn't be seeing the doctor, then you could determine
what you scale at home truly says. You can figure the
difference and even periodically go to be weighed at
the doctor's office to keep on track. I'm seriously thinking
of doing that myself as soon as we pick a new doctor.

Meals:

B: Mushroom/Canadian Bacon/cheese Omlete

L: Pork Chop leftover from last night
Salad
1 Tblsp dressing

D: Rib Eye
Cauliflower "potato" pancakes (I love these things as much as
Lowco loves her Sardines and Cream cheese!)
Sauteed Cabbage
Salad w/1 Tblsp. dressing
3 Chocolate chip cookies
1 cup milk

3 litres of water consumed today!! Yippee!! I'm going to drink now until I go to bed (water that is).

Hope everyone had a good day!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 21:10

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default it's me

HI FOLKS. IT'S ME WITH THE #~!*&%$#~!SCALE.

ANYWAY, TODAY WAS GOOD EXCEPT FOR MY REWARD MEAL. I WENT OUT TO DINNER FOR MOM'S BIRTHDAY. PRETTY BIG GROUP. WENT 15 MINUTES OVER. DAMN. I ATE ALL GOOD THINGS, BUT IT WAS TOO LONG BETWEEN SALAD AND MEAL.

B-COFFEE W/CREAM
L-TURKEY & CHEESE
D- SALMON,ASPARAGUS POTATOES, STARTED W/CEASER SALAD

SO WE'LL SEE HOW IT GOES. I THINK I'LL RETURN THAT SCALE. OR I'LL USE BOTH. NOW EVERYTHING IS SCREWED UP. SHOULD HAVE JUST GOT GLASSES!

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 04:43

BF:
Default lcon

hey lcon,
what are the cauliflower pancake things?
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 05:45

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Meals Feb 27/02

Hi all,

Well it's good news for me today. I am down one pound!!! I will have to fix my number on my profile.

Yesterday was a rush day. I had barely any water Was running around too much at work.

B: 2 poached eggs, 2 coffees
L: 1 yogourt, few bites of pork
D: 4 strips of chicken fingers, some rice, last piece of cake. 1 herbal tea
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 06:01

BF:
Default HI JOSEE

HI JOSEE,
GOOD TO HEAR YOU DROPPED A POUND. ARE YOU DOING CALP/CAD?
I NOTICED THAT YOU HAD YOGURT. I DON'T THINKS THAT'S ALLOWED. AND EACH REWARD MEAL IS TO START WITH SALAD AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LOW CARB VEGGIES,PROTEIN,CARBS. 1/3 EACH.
BUT SINCE YOU LOST WEIGHT I GUESS IT WORKED FOR YOU!
GOOD GOING AND GOOD LUCK!
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 06:50

BF:
Default THAT'S IT FOR ME

WELL I WEIGHED JUST NOW AND LOST NOTHING AGAIN. I THINK AFTER FINISHING THIS WEEK I'M DONE ON THIS PLAN. I MEAN AFTER 3 FULL WEEKS I REALLY SHOULD HAVE LOST SOMETHING.
MAYBE I'LL TRY THE ATKINS AGAIN OR JUST DO MY OWN LOW FAT PLAN. THIS IS REALLY DEPRESSING ME TOO MUCH. I'LL JUST FINISH THE WEEK OUT.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 09:38
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 194/189/120
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Thursday

Yesterday went well. No cheats... barely hungry. Had a 2 hour glucose test in the am and thought I could fool my body and have the reward meal anyway, but the scale read 188 this morning. Otherwise a okay.

Today will prove challenging. Both kids are driving me nuts. DD is crying her eyes out so far the whole morning and DS decided to go through the trash can a take the ice cream container out and run ot his room where he dumped alll the melted ice cream on his floor. Then to try to mop it up himself, he took one of my dish towels and made a bigger mess. I have to give him credit though... being three and trying to clean it up. Where was I you ask? Trying to calm DD down in another room. She cries so loud that I think I hear DS and it turns out I was way off base as to what he was doing. I so need a vacation!

Breakfast: Cottage cheese and 3 sausage patties
Lunch: Oh I don't know... grilled chicken strips
Dinner: Chicken, carrots, rice, and of course salad.
Exercise: Tae Bo
Water 100 oz
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 09:41
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 194/189/120
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Chris

I am so sad that you are thinking about leaving. What can we do to make you stay? Is AF gone? You should wait until then because I bet the whoosh fairy will visit you by the end and you will be pleasantly surprised. If it is gone then I don't know what to say. I know that my body doesn't do well with the low fat... to many carbs and it makes me crazy with cravings. I am just not sure what to tell you. I hate to see you go though!
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 11:11
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 265/230/170
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking don"t give up

chris
i have been reading your posts and you seem to be eating right but not loosing any lbs DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T GIVE UP, don't look at the *%$#~!* scale, check your measurement ARE U LOOSING INCHES?? i have not lost a ~#&^% pound in two months, however,i just went down 2 pant size yesterday and i am jumping for joy, so please DON'T GIVE UP YOU CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER

my favorite song DONT GIVE UP WHAT YOU ARE WORKING FOR
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 15:12

Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Please reconsider

Cris, I hope you'll reconsider. I read through the part in CALP about tightening up the plan. Sure, I glared at it, but will follow the instructions.

I've been on this WOE for a bit over a week - not quite clean, but on it better than before. I figure if I fit the profile, then it's the plan for me. If I can keep it a perfect plan for 10 days, the maybe I've created a new habit.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 18:00

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Chris..

I'm wondering if perhaps you're not getting enough calories. Now I'm no expert on this plan beings that I've only been doing this about 3-4 weeks myself, but, it does seem like you might not be getting in enough veggies in the lunch time. Breakfast you don't HAVE to.. at least according to the book.. heck, you can have JUST coffee if you choose. I try to really chow down on those veggies at lunch and dinner whenever possible. If you don't like some things.. it will be harder.

The Cauliflower "pancakes" are like potatoe pancakes made with cauliflower instead. I got the post in this forum.. (I think!) but it's simple:

I use 1/2 head of cauliflower because I like these so much I make extra for lunch or dinner the next day.

Boil or steam the cauliflower until it is tender and drain it well. I do this first before I even start cooking the rest of my dinner so they drain very very well. Then mash them to the consistency you like. Add 1 egg, salt and pepper and stir them until the egg is incorporated well. Heat up a frying pan and add some butter (about 2 tbsp.) and let that melt. (I melt the butter in the microwave sometimes but mostly in the pan on medium) Then I turn the heat up to med high (about 7). Take a large spoonful and dollup it onto the hot frying pan and flatten it out slightly so that it will cook evenly. Now is the hard part... you must wait.
They taste great with a nice golden brown color. Flipping them is impossible if you don't wait until it is fully browned on one side. This takes about 3-4 minutes (depending on your heat and how much attention you can give them) Flip them (I try one out to see if it's ready) and do the same to the other side. I eat them with a little bit of sour cream.

Great substitute for a potatoe to go with steak or roast.

Don't give up.. we're here for you!
Lisa
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 18:52

BF:
Default CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT TODAY!!!!!!!

OK, I knew today was going to be bad. It was my assistant's birthday and we were taking her out!!! So here goes:

Br: 2 poached eggs, 2 coffees
L: Went to a restaurant, had 1/2 small salad, 1 chicken leg, 1 very tiny portion of scalloped potatoes, and about 1 cup of broccoli pasta. Also had a bit of mousse and a piece of carrot cake. 1 Strawberry Daiquiri.
D: 2 Ham & Cheese sandwiches with 1 coke. 1 small yogourt for desert.

Totally blew it today.

By the way: Chris, I know that on the diet I'm not supposed to have yogourt, but I have a stomach thing where I need the culture in the yogourt to help it. Doctor's orders. I don't eat as much as he would like me to though. It also doesn't give me cravings and I still lose. Not that I should cheat like that all the time. I sometimes bring it because it's very fast and it's often the only thing I have as a meal... Will try to keep it for RM
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 18:53

BF:
Default I forgot

I also had a small bun with my pasta. TOTAL CHEAT TODAY..

Thank God I can start over tomorrow. Sort of blows the one week no cheat thing.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 19:12

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%

You guys are doing so well. Good job!! What day are we on? Day two? Three?

I have discovered, for me, that skipping meals or not eating enough doesn't do me any good. I end up weighing the same the next morning. So.......I have to be sure I DO get enough to eat.

oh....Chris..... do you keep a journal? write EVERYTHING down? It sure helps me. I have one of those little fat notebooks. Its about 4" x 5" and fits in my purse. I hope you stick with us a little longer.

My Doc's scales always says I am four pounds heavier than my own scales. I hate that. I must remind myself that I still have lost the same amount and my old fat pants are nearly falling off.

Today I did really good. Nothing very exciting to share though. Drank tons of water and took my Chromium. I weigh the same today as I did yesterday.

Thank you all for being here..... this is a good support system for me and I appreciate it.

Libby
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 19:17

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Answered my own question

Duh...... ya'll started on Sunday. If I took the time to read I would have figured that out.

silly me,
Libby