Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 12:43

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Ooh, Dee--Poor girl! Nothing worse than a bug, is there? And YES, it counts as exercise.. We will just say it IS exercise, and dare anyone to contradict, right? Seriously, I hope that you feel much better now. Take good care of yourself!
Hi Jalera--That's a good challenge for me, too... I'm usually pretty straight with it, but lately I haven't been as good at my "balancing act" as usual. Will vow to do better, and keep you company.
My exercise has been kind of spotty for the first time in months and months. We let our son and DIL have our second car (they were desperate), so I'm on foot in the mornings now, and I'm missing my trips to the track (BIG time!)... I know I can walk around here, but it's just not the same, and I'm really not enjoying it as much. I will do better at keeping myself motivated to just get out there and do it!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 19:02
"Hopeless Romantic"

Plan: 000000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 26%

Following CAD since Aug 10/2003 and will join you in your challenge. took the summer off from the gym because the kids were out of school, so now I will try to go to Curves days a week. Two friends want to walk on other days, so i will try my best!!
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 08:54

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

well guys,

i cheated on the challenge AGAIN!!! i am so excited about vacation that i forgot about the challenge and didn't bother to balance. But that's ok........i stayed within the guidelines of cad. 2 pounds up from my low, but that's what 3 days of fastfood and dessert at rm will do to me. ISN'T THAT FANTASTIC!!!!!!!cad is great. On atkins i'd gain 7 pounds. i am positive that eating late rm and the weight of the food have something to do with it and is usually gone in 2 days with balancing and no deprivation!!!!!! CAD is great!!!!!
i am travelling tomorrow.
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: C.A.L.P. and Bernstein
Stats: 204/176/-140 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have just seen this thread. I suppose it is a bit late for joining in the September challenge now. However, if you do another one for October I would be delighted to join you.
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 10:33

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%

Valkyrie: I just joined yesterday...join in if you want.

I have had 1 cheat free and on nearly cheat free day. I slipped yesterday and had a mouthfull of salad with a really sweet dressing on it at CM.
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 10:46
Registered Member

Plan: C.A.L.P. and Bernstein
Stats: 204/176/-140 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 8%

Oh thank you. If you don't mind another late comer then I will join you with pleasure
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 11:07

How's everyone doing. I had 4 cheat free days in a row, but slipped at CM today.

Last edited by Jalera2003 : Tue, Sep-16-03 at 13:10.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 12:35

BF:

Everyone seems to be doing so well. That's wonderful news! I'm not sure if I'll make it to my Sept. "goal", but I do know that I'm feeling very inspired right now. If I don't get below 170 by the end of the month, I'm still going to consider myself a winner. It probably wasn't a really good idea to put a time limit on a loss goal... It's going to happen when it happens, I know--but I have seen better results in the past couple of weeks, so I'm happy. Also, have made it in to all my jeans (breathing, bending, and able to eat a meal) this month, which is hugely helpful to my spirits! Hope all of you are feeling as happy and hopeful as I am! All the best to you....
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 19:35

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Update

HI GUYS,

i'am still on track. it's hard to be on cad and vacation so much temptation. food is so available in the US it's a cadder's nightmare here. i am also scale free so i have no idea whats going in with the figures.
Had mc donalds today, wasn't as good as i remembered (4 years agao).Have not been balancing since my vacation. But i've been faithful to cad, sometimes my rm is early......but i have to adapt to my environment but i make sure it's after 12pm. Hope everyone is doing ok.later
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 19:55
"Slaying My Demons"

Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%

I'm still exercising but I had a run in with some carbs and they had their way with me. Stupid carbs! Fighting off a fast approaching TOM that has the appearance of being a tough one already. Keep me in your thoughts!
Hugs
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 00:05
"Slaying My Demons"

Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%

Oh! I finished my goal to complete Mexico for the World Wide Walk! Whew! Now I just need to keep up with the exercise.
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 15:53

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

In keeping with my challenge I will be reporting for the dreaded Pap smear in the morning. I will keep the appt. as promised. Once that's over....long wait till Nov. for mammogram.

Have been keeping up with my exercise challenge too. I have exceeded my 3 days a week goal for the past two weeks. Doing good.

Everyone seems to be on track and it's almost the end of the month. Can't believe it flew by so fast.

Good job everyone...
Deb
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 03:59

BF:

Well, the month is slipping away. Almost gone, and unless I can lose a pound a day until the end of Sept., I don't think I'll meet my goal.. That's ok, though--I've lost this month, and this will teach me NOT to try to set a time limit on a specific loss. On the good side, I'm feeling thinner, and I'm in all my jeans again. I've got the one dreaded black pair (still) that fit fine in the morning, but by post-dinner time, I'm pretty anxious to get them off It's happening--but I guess it's just not going to happen WHEN I want it to. Will just keep on keeping on.....
Everyone else seems to be doing just fine! I think we can all pat ourselves on the back for doing what needs to be done! Each time I feel down about not doing as well as I possibly could, I just have to remind myself that I (as well as all the other folks here) am doing so much more than 99% of the population, to get healthy. Overall, I think we are ALL doing a great job!!!
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess M
Each time I feel down about not doing as well as I possibly could, I just have to remind myself that I (as well as all the other folks here) am doing so much more than 99% of the population, to get healthy. Overall, I think we are ALL doing a great job!!!

Thanks Tess, I have not met my challenge to go cheat free. In fact I cheated last night, but I do deserve a pat on the back for not chucking the program (which I would have done in time past), continuing to journal, excercise and drink my water. I am doing something beneficial for my health, even if it's not 100%.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 13:16
"Hopeless Romantic"

Plan: 000000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 26%

My Sept challenge was to go to Curves 3 days a week and walk the others. I have been walking and goinf to Curves the whole time except today, my daughter was home sick. I will try to get out tonite before Survivor starts! Yeah for me for actually sticking to it!!!