Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 12:46

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%
Default Learning Selfcare: Learning to Move

This seems like such a neat feature I wanted to start my log even though I will probably not be doing much exercise while on Induction (well I came to the exercise forum to research that!)

I have very modest exercise goals. If left to my own devices, I never move and am a lump. I've always been a bit clumsy and this has led me not to enjoy exercise.

In summer, I joined a gym with "drill seargent" type private instruction. I paid a huge amount for it - but still haven't gone regularly. Although it was very intimidating all at once, I do feel that just the act of joining and what I learned there has helped me babystep up to this point. Also, while doing cardio there, I discovered that working out on the elliptical was much more comfortable and "doable" for me than a treadmill, and that if I monitor my heartrate and keep it at target, I don't get the "I am going to die" feeling the next day. So I bought myself a cheap elliptical machine with heartrate monitor for my apartment, and have been very successful doing 1/2 hour on that most days.

So, as I progress in Induction, or possibly afterwards, my exercise goals are to use the elliptical 4 or 5 times a week, and to FINALLY -- argh --

GO TO MY PERSONAL TRAINER FOR WEIGHT-BEARING EXERCISE INSTRUCTION 2X a WEEK WHICH I ALREADY PAID FOR DAMMIT.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 12:39

1/24/05

Got back on the exercise wagon. 10 min on the elliptical. I had been up to 30 min before beginning this WOE, but figured I ought to add it back in slowly because my body has a lot of changes to adapt to. I do think I noticed that my heart rate was becoming a bit more elevated than before, after just 2 weeks off. Man, fitness is something you have to really work to maintain. Just 14 days sittin' on my butt made a difference.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 13:40

1/29/04

I am only posting here to evaluate what I have been doing - I am recording whether I did it or not in my journal.

So, this week in exercise: I did 5 days out of the week, which is good. I would not want to do more, so tomorrow will be off. I stuck to 10 min all week, which seems pretty skimpy, hasn't really given me the endorphins I was getting at 10. However, today, I tried something different, which was that I did 2 2-min HIIT intervals within the 10, that felt better/more vigorous.

So next week when I move up to 20 I'll do 4 HIITs.

I am feeling like I want to go into my gym and meet with my coach, but not quite ready to start weights yet (I want to get back up to 30 cardio before i add in another new thing). However, they really frown on LC there and believe in lowfat and calorie counting. I just gotta be strong and tell him that WILL NOT work for me because of my history of anorexia -- calorie counting is a trigger for some very self-destructive behavior for me. A WOE like this one without the counting really helps my mental health. I'm not gonna have any physical health ultimately without mental health.