Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

Oh and Sue, I LOVE your quote!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 11:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for all the encouragement - you guys are great!

Kelly, I haven't dared to swop my RMs about yet - I don't know if that would make it to easy to fall off the wagon later - so good on you for trying. At least you won't be tempted to do that again in a hurry!

Shirl, that meal doesn't sound anything like as unbalanced as the meal I just had, LOL. It's my dream some day not to worry so much about exactly what I've eaten and just enjoy the food! The beauty of CAD seems to be that you don't gain weight even when your meal is carb heavy! Hope it didn't rain and you had a great walk!

Pam, I have good days and 'bad' days on this plan - but they're not really bad days if you keep the meal within the hour. I'm also starting to identify my trigger foods but I keep rebelling against having to cut them out!

Jill, you're right about the scales. Trouble is, I can already see that my weekly average is going to be up on last week by around a pound. But then, get a grip Sue - a pound isn't exactly a big deal! What am I like?!

IthinkIcan, that numb tingly feeling sounds really unpleasant! Could it possibly be a reaction to something you eat when doing Atkins - something you don't eat when you aren't? Anyway, welcome back to CAD! And I like my quote too - I got it from a LC forum I'm on in the UK and thought I'd use it here!

Happy CADing all
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 15:54
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

welcome back, Ithink...
Great you choose whole grains for better carbs. There was an article in this morning's paper that just changing from simple carbs (sugar, white refined grains) to more complex carbs resulted in fat and weight loss even if calories remained the same!

I'm getting my RM ready. Turkey, salad, sweet potato and brussel sprouts. Even going to have some butter and cinnamon on the potato!
Wishing everyone a terrific evening-
Eno
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 18:28

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Great to see everyone hanging in there. Only a few minor fluctuations of the scales...and most defintely tom can do that!!! I am looking for mine any day...can tell by my ...uummm wonderful demeanor

Had a great day today with no cravings!!! I did chew gum. I have been having such terrible cravings lately that I wanted to chew gum during those times.. well it worked. Don't know if I will have weight problems as a result but I WAS having weight problems from caving into the cravings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am REALLY excited to have had a mangeable day!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 05:22
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 260/254/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%

TGIF everyone!

the week's been good, I think I've learned a lot about CAD and about myself and food. I've been making lots of little changes that I think will add up to something big one day.

One day at a time.

IthinkIcan, sounds like you definitely have food allergies. MSG and super sweet stuff will make my heartbeat go crazy and sometimes I'll swell and break out in hives. I have to be really careful with mexican or chinese food especially.

The one thing I have really noticed this week is I am NOT hungry. yesterday it was 7 hours between lunch and RM and I was just starting to feel a little hunger. so thats a blessing.

good luck to everyone and have a great weekend! and here's hoping those averages are DOWN!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 05:51

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Good morning all
Karen- I have those TOM cravings too. Darn hormones TOM just came to visit me. I will gladly send him your way

Pam- that's one of the things I love so much about CAD. I don't get hungry, hungry like I do when I eat carbs all the time. Before I found CAD I thought it was just me, and my body was weird because it was hungry all the time. Then when I read CAD I realized that its my addiction talking when I get those hunger pains.

Welcome Back IthinkIcan You need to change your name to IknowIcan
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 19:29
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

I agree with you momto4boys on the not being hungry on CAD. I had three sausage patties about noon and didn't eat until about 6 and was still hanging in there.

CAD is great!

Didn't WATP today, but cleaned out a large flower bed. My back will never be the same! (smile)

Have a great weekend!
Linda