Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 04:13

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 305.2/287.2/238 Male 6ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Asda Chicken Breasts

Found these at my local Asda store £2.98 each or 2 for a fiver so i bought 2 they are 2 flamegrilled chicken fillets with tomatoes,feta and olives the other one is 2 flamegrilled chicken breasts stuffed with red pepper,mozzarella and pesto they look quite tasty and really quite low in carbs the chicken fillet dish only has 2.2 carbs for the whole dish and the chicken breasts are 4.2 for the whole dish.
At this moment in time they are a God send as i am utterly useless at organizing my meals especially organizing some variety so these will go down a treat.
I want to know why i can't seem to get motivated when i am trying to get some variety in my meals still it's early days and maybe there is a Gordon Ramsay lurking in my body somewhere

I'll keep you posted on how tasty they are and if they are worth it only thing is do i eat the the pack or half the pack?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 04:15

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

CC,i eat these about 3 times a week,they,re gorgeous.i like the lime and corriander ones and the ham and cheese as well.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 04:43

BF:

So they're well worth it then pepsi thats good i will need to look out for the lime and coriander and ham n cheese do you eat half the pack or the lot?
Do u just have vegetables with them?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 07:13

BF:
Progress:

hi CC,i just eat 1/2 the pack but hubby has a whole one and my other 1/2.i eat it with salad.i,m not that fussed on cooked veggies.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 09:48

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

So you have found some more variety. Just a quick question? How does your wife feel about all this and the kids. Just wondered if you could be having family meals without the carby bits?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 14:00

BF:

Well Anne my wife used to work 5.45 to 10pm so she just made dinner for the kids and herself and i fended for myself which usually was cheese sandwiches or crisps on a sandwich she has now started doing nightshift and we are all in at the same time so she thought we would all eat at the same time but i kinda thought i would eat later as to try and curb the hunger pangs i used to get around 10 pm.
I quite enjoy making my dinners but as i have said variety was a big problem which hopefully will get easier as i get used to low carbing my wife was a bit concerned about the health issues that everyone else seemed to have about atkins but she is coming around and is glad i'm losing weight.

Also the kids are at the teasing stage u know they sit and eat crisps and say "hey dad u want a crisp oh no you can't get one your on a diet"
the little toe rags.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 15:09

Thanks for filling me in. Know what you mean about the kids teasing you. I have 22 on a Friday evening to deal with. Mind you they know now that if we have sweets, cakes or anything like that I won't have them. Mine at least haven't gone into teasing mode.

I'm glad that you quite enjoy the cooking. You could always eat earlier and then just have a scheduled snack later in the evening. No problems there.

Glad your wife is coming around to thinking this way of life is OK. It does take some getting used to and provided you have a good range of veggies then it is pretty healthy.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 02:28

BF:

Well pepsi they are a welcome addition to my shopping list from now on as they were a welcome change from the usual suspects i reckon tho u could do some of these yourself tho ?

I think the chicken breasts,mozzarella and pesto ones could have done with a tad more salt i dont like adding salt to my food after it's cooked so i left it but they say too much salts bad for you.
I did read somewhere once that we should try and stay away from salt as much as we can because there is enough in our food as it is and it's better to try and get used to the actual taste of foods in there natural state instead of adding salt.

You were right tho they were tasty
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 03:06

Glad you enjoyed them.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 03:26

BF:
Progress:

hi CC,you could use the lo- salt.its 66% potassium so you increase your pot intake without using tablets.its a good alternative.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 03:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

So-lo is another good one, although sometimes harder to find depending on your supermarket. Their sea salt is a good one for mineral content too.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 03:34

BF:
Progress:

i haven,t come across that one yet.i have a look.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 03:55

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%

Asda Meat Is Quite Nice