Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 16:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/215/180 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Navigating Messages

I'm new to the concept of posting to message boards. I've been a part of email groups for awhile now, but that's fairly different.

I'm just finding it really tedious to navigate through all the messages.
Is there something I'm missing? Is there an easier way? Am I just a complainer?

If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciated them. Right now, I'm frustrated enough to not bother reading messages anymore unless there some easier way.

Chris
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 16:57
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Chris,

Make sure to read the FAQ, from the top right corner, it has lots of tips to using the forum.

I actually stoped using email groups since they were tedious for me

Here's how I navigate: I start by clicking the link on the top right "View new messages" it will list all the posts since I was last on line. I open each in a new window, to make less click for me.

Tip: To read the last post in a long thread, click the arrow to the right, instead of the thread title.

Hope this helps.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 17:08
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks so much for the response!

I do appreciate it as I don't want to leave the forums as it's put me in contact with a lot of good people that are close to me (Toronto).

I had been doing as you said, of opening each of the new threads in a new window, but I wasn't using the arrow at the right to skip to newest message.
This will probably help alleviate my grumblings in reading the forums. Thanks for pointing out the FAQ too. It silly how sometimes a person can overlook something very obvious.

Chris
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 17:17
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi Chris

hint ... if you do find yourself faced with a very long message thread, and want to quickly get up or down without having to scroll endlessly till your mouse finger rots and falls off ....... try using the keyboard shortcuts .... Ctrl+Home for the top of the page, and Ctrl+End for the bottom.

just a thought, Doreen

( ..sorry you couldn't make it to the get-together on the 22nd .. maybe next time)
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 19:43
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Doreen!

I had a feeling that people would come to my "rescue" if I asked for help.

Thanks for the keyboard shortcuts. I usually prefer to use the keyboard as opposed to the mouse. And I can't believe that after these few years of surfing that I didn't know those shortcuts. That does help alot.

I think I'll be sticking around with the tips given by Wa'il and yourself.

And it's a definite that I'll be there at the next get-together. I need to meet and talk with other people on carb-related WOEs.