Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Sat, Dec-02-17, 04:28
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 2 December 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
Look in the mirror…that’s your COMPETITION!!
~ unknown
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Got up way to early this morning...what was I thinkin'??? I mean way earlier than my normal 2 am. I foresee a Siesta for me & Chico today for sure! But I got started on my w/e "to-do" list; so all is good!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Jo, so true the state/fed/coe parks are fab prices and quiet and just oh so nice! Where can ya get right on the beach for $35 a night? NO where LOL except at a beach state park But one must LOVE being an RV'er to do it. If you have no interest in the RV style then it means nothing, for those of us who love it, it becomes pure freedom and a home on wheels and your lifestyle as wanted every single minute, no hotel rules ya know or bedbugs from others HAHA
Yeppers esp that last part about the rules and bedbugs! We even discussed that when I was checking out their Minnie Winnie... Grosses me out thinkin' about how filthy some of these hotel/motels are... YUCK!!!
Quote:
Warning here all...craving alert.

omg hubby got this and that, I have gone out and surrounded by this and that old favs.

the other day I almost lost it totally. I fought like a dog ya know. I tried to come up with every excuse to eat 'just a little' but I knew if I did that, I would eat the world point blank and who knows how long I would be off plan, probably months cause I was ready to go into that insane crazy mode for sure. I knew it. I felt it. I wanted 'out' of having to control myself at all times (yet so days so easy, more of those thank goodness now, and some days tough but doable and controllable)----but the other day I had to battle back to good thoughts. Warrior style thoughts.

I tell ya........every now and then I can put myself into such a state......and then I think.....omg you moron, it is OVER FOOD! What is wrong with you? Life has real reasons to 'get into a state' but food will never be one of them again for you that is how I talked myself down

hey we are warriors but some days ya know...........
WOW way to stay WARRIOR STRONG, Karen! You ROCKED it for sure!

That's one of the big advantages about me living alone...ain't got nothing in the house to tempt me! So if I ever wanna go "off-plan" I have to leave my house to buy carb-age and Imma too cheap to waste good money on bad food!

But remember, I lived with the ex-bf when I re-started back in July 2013 and got to my "then" goal weight of 130 lbs and surpassed that even living with a carb eater...

So anything is possible if we want it bad enough!
Quote:
Working on last order of my biz and done done done and more done.
closing down, wow, on the weirdo fence. So tired of all these yrs of biz but now I kinda hate it but am kinda crazy on giving it up but I made my choice. DONE and gonna move forward for sure in good spirit

I hate change. even a change for the good can make me wild for a while in the brain but I want it, done with it and forward and beyond now
Sounds like closing down your soap biz is bittersweet & it would be since you've been doing it for a long time... How long did you have the biz???

But there's nothing to prevent you from starting it up again if you decide later on, right? There's always that option, I would think...
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Sat, Dec-02-17, 09:22

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Well my sinuses went bad for sure was wheezing something awful yesterday turns out I have a sinus infection!
On meds but boy everything is draining!

Karen.... Those evil alto ego carb creatures sure no how to mess with us. I know at thanksgiving I was not tempted by the sweets but the veggie dishes started to play with my mind. Stuff like it’s veggies nutrient dense for you. I had to remind myself I eat a very nutrient dense wol. Plus the veggies I do wat are the most nutrient dense for lowest carbs and calories. The games our minds play! Way to stay warrior strong!
Jo... You are an early bird today! That will feel great have everything done and be able to chill! I will be napping today for sure my sinus infection is kicking my butt!
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
G
  #273   ^
Old Sat, Dec-02-17, 12:59

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning!

I finally got started on my Christmas shopping...yay...2 hours of store shopping yesterday wore me out! I used to be able to non stop shop all day. Tomorrow is internet shopping and today finish the tress and decorating. Did much of my decorating yesterday, guess that's why I was worn out after shopping!

Bernie ...Sorry to hear you're sick, get better soon!

Karen ...it really does get difficult at times seeing others stuff their faces with carbs. Good job at staying Warrior strong.

Jo ...WTH..getting up at 2 am on a Saturday! Sometimes I stay up that late, but getting up at that time...never! Lol. I am more of a night owl myself. The dogs let me sleep until 7 am today

I have to grocery shop today too and babysit for a bit so DS and DDIL can get a last dinner out before baby! Won't be long before their world is rocked again.

Enjoy your weekend all!
  #274   ^
Old Sun, Dec-03-17, 04:31
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Sunday, 3 December 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

DO IT because "THEY" said you COULDN’T!
~ unknown

My Baby Sweater Making Adventure Update:

"Denim" & "Gold" Baby Sweater (finished 2 December 2017)

Imma working on knitting several Infinity scarfs now but I also have another baby sweater started in Off-White and Mint Green.

Anyhoo...
Chico and I crashed and burned about 1 pm yesterday and "Siesta-ed" for almost 2 hours... Went to bed at usual time and got up at usual time today so all's right in my world!

I felt like I was coming down with something all morning long yesterday...a lil sore throat but I seem to be over that today. We shall see...

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Well my sinuses went bad for sure was wheezing something awful yesterday turns out I have a sinus infection!
On meds but boy everything is draining!
Awwww sorry to hear you've got a sinus infection!

Hope you get over that quickly and feel better soon!
Quote:
Jo... You are an early bird today! That will feel great have everything done and be able to chill! I will be napping today for sure my sinus infection is kicking my butt!
Nothing better than a nice nap! It's very restorative and a GREAT way to take care of OURSELVES!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I finally got started on my Christmas shopping...yay...2 hours of store shopping yesterday wore me out! I used to be able to non stop shop all day. Tomorrow is internet shopping and today finish the tress and decorating. Did much of my decorating yesterday, guess that's why I was worn out after shopping!
Wow you've been über busy with Christmas shoppin' and decoratin'.

I've completed my Christmas decoratin' ~ see below ↓ ↓
Quote:
Jo ...WTH..getting up at 2 am on a Saturday! Sometimes I stay up that late, but getting up at that time...never! Lol. I am more of a night owl myself. The dogs let me sleep until 7 am today
Obviously, Imma a MORNING person!

I always get up around 2 am... it's a habit I started about 20 yrs ago with the ex-bf b/c he worked out of town and had to be up to get to work...

I DON'T use an alarm clock ~ EVER! So Imma not jolted awake...it's a more natural way to wake up... at least that's how I feel!

And I can do all my exercising etc before I have to go to work during the week. Of course, Imma draggin' tail by the time I get home late afternoon...
Quote:
I have to grocery shop today too and babysit for a bit so DS and DDIL can get a last dinner out before baby! Won't be long before their world is rocked again.
Wow, they don't have much time left do they? When's the new bundle of bouncing baby boy due? Is your DS and DDIL taking family leave?
Quote:
Enjoy your weekend all!
You betcha and you too!!
  #275   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-17, 04:39
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Monday, 4 December 2017

Wow, it's awfully quiet in here... lemme get the ball rollin'!

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally marvelous Monday in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Winners make GOALS, cheaters make EXCUSES!
Which do you want to be??

~ unknown

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 9 months, 3 weeks and counting... Wt = 114 lbs

Hmmmm what else to say.... oh yeah, today was day 267 of doing planks/push-ups/wall sits (3m 40s plank | 25 push-ups | 1m 25s wall-sit).

I do 'em on even days ONLY and do weight training on odd days plus my continual pedalin' & daily walk...

11 more school days left before Winter Break...crazy how fast this year is going by!!!
  #276   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-17, 06:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie hope you are on the mend. I live with some kind of allergy crud all the time it seems, but when it goes worse I know fast and it is never a good thing, hope you are improving!!
yea the evil carbs are a monster pain some days. Luckily longer you go on plan the more control you do have if you just stop, relax and think before wanting to just throw down the food into the old gullet

DE sounds like you got a great handle on the christmas present situation good deal for ya, and 2 hrs shopping is enough for anyone, coming home and taking a nap is preferrable to me over shopping anyway HAHA

JO, hope you aren't getting something again. Tis the season for crud time especially if you are in a school situation directly like you are. Hope it becomes nothing.

Did the biz for like 15 yrs. I am so over it now since I do it automatically and now want just all new things now, so tired of the 'usual' in life Just time for a change and have to make my mind accept what I do want and go for that change lol

HI ALL
busy busy
kiddo picked a fancy laptop and done for big Xmas Christmas. Let her have it now, no use letting something she picked the other day sit under the tree since she knows exactly what it is Warned her over and over, not much to open after this monster hit my wallet left under the tree for her but she is cool, she is like 12 going on 22 in a way and has no interest in kid junk at all so I will just do filler presents, get her a pricey art package software she has been wanting for the 'puter but I won't buy cause of price, well good gift and done deal

hope everyone is doing great!!
  #277   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-17, 07:37

BF:

Morning All...

Winter is here! So cold and WINDY out last night. These spoiled dogs did not want to go outside....

More shopping yesterday...online...much easier! I hate the crowds in the stores this time of year. We are going to Costco today, which will not be fun. By the end of the week I'd like to be done with shopping! My tree is up & my house is decorated....makes me smile!

Have a great Monday everyone! Get well/stay well all!
  #278   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-17, 12:34

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Still struggling with this sinus infection! The wheezing better but still have my cough and tightness. On top of that yesterday I was getting out of my steam shower 🚿 for my nose when ouch pulled something in lower back. Doesn’t hurt to walk but sitting or putting on shoes ouch! Called doc says probably sciatica hope a couple of days of ice and Advil will do the trick! Trying not to lift Makayla today she is not happy!

Jo.... wow your weight and exercise stats are awesome! New records each time you post! Such an amazing update! My grandkiddies get off on December 22 till January 5th. DSGF has the same time off! My DS start PT on Friday that was first opening!
Karen.... I feel for you with this allergies sinus crud. When the head hurts it is miserable 😩.
  #279   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-17, 14:58

BF:

Quote:
Hello dear warriors,

Still struggling with this sinus infection! The wheezing better but still have my cough and tightness. On top of that yesterday I was getting out of my steam shower 🚿 for my nose when ouch pulled something in lower back. Doesn’t hurt to walk but sitting or putting on shoes ouch! Called doc says probably sciatica hope a couple of days of ice and Advil will do the trick! Trying not to lift Makayla today she is not happy!

Jo.... wow your weight and exercise stats are awesome! New records each time you post! Such an amazing update! My grandkiddies get off on December 22 till January 5th. DSGF has the same time off! My DS start PT on Friday that was first opening!
Karen.... I feel for you with this allergies sinus crud. When the head hurts it is miserable 😩.

De.... today is our last 60 day then it will be high 20’s. Fantastic accomplishment on Xmas shopping! I have been doing everything on line or going super early to the store!
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #280   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-17, 05:25
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Tuesday, 5 December 2017

Woot! Woot! All the WARRIORS posted yesterday!

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Hope this finds all of you doing well! Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

This WOE is like marriage, you can’t CHEAT on it and expect it to WORK!!
~ inspired by MickiSue

Karen:
Quote:
yea the evil carbs are a monster pain some days. Luckily longer you go on plan the more control you do have if you just stop, relax and think before wanting to just throw down the food into the old gullet
I totally agree!

When "Fat Jo" tries to tempt me (which is very rare these days), I say this to myself: LOOK how far you've come, is eating carb-age crap really WORTH undoing what I've worked so hard to accomplish? Of course it's a resounding "Oh HELL, NO!"

I know that it's just a moment of desire to eat whatever foolishness it is...
that in the long run it will NOT be satisfying b/c that means I have broken my ONE big cardinal rule: NO CHEATS Ever!
Quote:
JO, hope you aren't getting something again. Tis the season for crud time especially if you are in a school situation directly like you are. Hope it becomes nothing.
I got "something," but not sick enough to stay home, KWIM??? Several staff have the same thing, runny nose, scratchy throat, raspy cough... They should give us "combat pay!!!!"
Quote:
Did the biz for like 15 yrs. I am so over it now since I do it automatically and now want just all new things now, so tired of the 'usual' in life Just time for a change and have to make my mind accept what I do want and go for that change lol
Wow had no idea you had been in the soap biz for that long! Sounds like you really are in the mood for a change!

Wishing you all the best in whatever you decide this next chapter in your life will be!
Quote:
kiddo picked a fancy laptop and done for big Xmas Christmas. Let her have it now, no use letting something she picked the other day sit under the tree since she knows exactly what it is Warned her over and over, not much to open after this monster hit my wallet left under the tree for her but she is cool, she is like 12 going on 22 in a way and has no interest in kid junk at all so I will just do filler presents, get her a pricey art package software she has been wanting for the 'puter but I won't buy cause of price, well good gift and done deal
Sounds like your DD is making out like a bandit for Christmas this year... the older they get the more expensive their gifts...

De:
Quote:
Winter is here! So cold and WINDY out last night. These spoiled dogs did not want to go outside....
Yep, we're getting the same type of weather. Yesterday was almost 70 and today and the rest of the week is gonna be in the mid to low 50s if not lower... brrrrrrrrrrr... but it is that time of the year...
Quote:
More shopping yesterday...online...much easier! I hate the crowds in the stores this time of year. We are going to Costco today, which will not be fun. By the end of the week I'd like to be done with shopping! My tree is up & my house is decorated....makes me smile!
Nice! I know you're glad your shopping is done for the season!
Quote:
Have a great Monday everyone! Get well/stay well all!
Thanks and wish the same for you and yours!

Berni:
Quote:
Oh man, hope you feel better soon with both the sinus thingy and the sciatica!
Quote:
Jo.... wow your weight and exercise stats are awesome! New records each time you post! Such an amazing update!
Awww shucks, thanks, girlie!

My good health and weight plus the ability to exercise are the reasons why I am so dedicated to staying 100% OP every.single.day!

Granted, my weight does fluctuate a bit, it will fluctuate anywhere btwn 112/113 to 115/116 lbs. I ain't complainin' and I see no rhyme or reason for the fluctuations since I pretty much eat the same thing day in and day out, of course w NO CHEATS!
Quote:
My grandkiddies get off on December 22 till January 5th. DSGF has the same time off!
That makes sense... wonder why we didn't do that too??? Oh well, "they NEVER" ask my opinion, EVER!

So does that mean you have babysitting duties whilst the kiddos are off during the entirety of Winter Break??
Quote:
My DS start PT on Friday that was first opening!
Did your DS have his surgery yet? Or does he even need surgery??
  #281   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-17, 08:11

BF:

Jo, combat pay? HA HA yes you deserve it either way for dealing with kiddies all day anyway LOL
Kiddo is out of kid toys. Now the electronics hit and OW on the wallet but will go there since she really wants nothing else. ugh ya know HA

Bernie so sorry you are going down more and not improving. now the back! yikes. sciatica is time. nothing helps that but time....hold strong and by the 25th you should be ok I hope!!

Hey all
nothing kinda day
this and that

got nice steak for later when wanted

day is dreary here. cloudy kinda. they said 'snow' in a possible forecast over weekend but I am sure it is not real!!
dreary cruddy winter days. not my kinda thing, give me a lighted palm tree with 90 deg weather and call it Christmas is fine with me lol

everyone have a fine day
  #282   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-17, 11:17

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Feeling a tad better with back! Took last of antibiotics today so hopefully sinus start to feel better!

Jo.... DS doesn’t have to get surgery a microscopic tear that PT should help with! I agree there is no carb worth eating to ruin all I have worked for!

Karen.... I do luv when the kiddos get older because the presents are practical electronic that they can use. The plastic toys are pricey crap that just fall apart! I always try to get one craft and one learning toy along with a fun one!

De.... So glad your shopping done and you ready for holidays!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #283   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-17, 16:00

BF:

It's been a long day so far. Taking care of my sick DGD. She has a cough, runny nose, fever & is miserable. Seems she can't go more than a couple weeks without getting sick from Day Care. I bet I will be needed tomorrow too, she probably won't be going to Day Care tomorrow either.

DDIL is also feeling miserable. She's still working full time but that may have to end sooner than later....

Our Costco shopping yesterday wasn't too bad, not as crowed as I thought it would be. It's better to go early I think.

Nap time is over for the little one
  #284   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-17, 05:11
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 6 December 2017

Happy HUMP Day, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

The question is not “CAN YOU” but “WILL YOU”?
~ unknown

So lovely to see that all the HARD CORE Warriors posted yesterday! Always makes me über happy to "see" you all in here!

Gosh, already Wednesday! It's all downhill to the weekend!

Kiddos are keepin' me entertained and Imma having a blast teaching 'em!

I can't believe we're 9 school days away from Winter Break and the end of the first semester! It's gone by sooooo fast!!!

Karen:
Quote:
Jo, combat pay? HA HA yes you deserve it either way for dealing with kiddies all day anyway LOL
Truly, at the end of the school day, Imma just glad I don't have to take any of those lil' rugrats home with me!
Quote:
Kiddo is out of kid toys. Now the electronics hit and OW on the wallet but will go there since she really wants nothing else. ugh ya know HA
When my kiddos were her age, we started just giving 'em a smallish gift and $$$$ b/c they really didn't need/want too much then either. They could save the $$$ or buy whatever they wanted...

But then back in those days, we didn't have all the high $$$$ electronics like computers and cell phones. I remember one Christmas all my kiddos wanted a "Walkman" ~ the CD kind, remember those???
Quote:
day is dreary here. cloudy kinda. they said 'snow' in a possible forecast over weekend but I am sure it is not real!!
dreary cruddy winter days. not my kinda thing, give me a lighted palm tree with 90 deg weather and call it Christmas is fine with me lol
WOW, snow??? They are saying we may have freezing rain this evening...pfffffffffffffft whatever!

I totally get the palm tree and 90 degree weather thingy... Phnx is looking mighty good about NOW for sure!

Berni:
Quote:
Feeling a tad better with back! Took last of antibiotics today so hopefully sinus start to feel better!
That's good to hear! Hope your back is a none-issue real soon!
Quote:
Jo.... DS doesn’t have to get surgery a microscopic tear that PT should help with!
WOW that's good news! B/c surgery would have prolonged his recovery, IMHO!
Quote:
I agree there is no carb worth eating to ruin all I have worked for!
Yeppers for reals!

Wish more people would realize that as well... but I guess many are still emotionally attached to food, esp this time of year... If they could break the emotional/entertainment bond to food they would be way better off and find success, JMO!

De:
Quote:
It's been a long day so far. Taking care of my sick DGD. She has a cough, runny nose, fever & is miserable. Seems she can't go more than a couple weeks without getting sick from Day Care. I bet I will be needed tomorrow too, she probably won't be going to Day Care tomorrow either.
Bummer that your DGD is sick and that you're having to babysit... hope she gets better real soon for both of you!

Your DS and DDIL are so lucky to have you there to help out when they need you!!
Quote:
DDIL is also feeling miserable. She's still working full time but that may have to end sooner than later....
Oh I bet she is, poor thing b/c isn't she due in about a month???
Quote:
Our Costco shopping yesterday wasn't too bad, not as crowed as I thought it would be. It's better to go early I think.
I'll have to go to Costco next time I visit my DDs in Phnx b/c Imma a Costco virgin, never been to one!

Speaking of shopping, today is Wally World Wednesday, seems to be the best time of the week to hit my lil' Neighborhood Market Walmart or whatever they call those... but then, compared to larger cities/towns, even our busy times are probably laugh-able!
  #285   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-17, 06:39

BF:

WOW everyone is coming down with something, some form of crud. This is a giant HOPE EVERYONE FEELS BETTER FAST!! to all

Hubby got some form of crud also.
So far I am good...knock wood.
Kiddo feels better so all good there and hoping we all hold and do better for the month now and leave the crud at the doorstep!

Yea the electronics just weren't there when I was younger. I just didn't ask for 'big $$' stuff like the kids are wanting today on the market. I was 'more my age and got more age appropriate things....kids now at 12 are like they are 18 or something! woof!) I guess we just bob and weave thru it all and get what one can get and call it a day Title of millionaire won't be on my name in this lifetime LOL so I have to watch how much ya push at the holidays but good thing kiddo knows there are limits.

thinking today, might not bother with the small few outside decorations we have left (sun/dry rot has taken alot of those to the landfill now and I am sure not buying anymore in this lifetime).....but my mind is more like, bleck, why bother. We have the tree inside which is cheery, I am thinking I am not bothering with outside stuff this year. I am not in the mood and hubby wouldn't bother if I don't say let's do it, and kid is just too lazy to even think of tackling it So if momma don't do it then it doesn't happen and I think momma ain't doing it this year LOL

eh whatever, might get a decorating bug later cause I have time to put out some stuff, but will see and what goes down, goes down.

great day all