Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-17, 09:21

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

TGIF

Nothing new around here. Just thinking about getting ready for the holidays. Thanksgiving will be at my son's house with his family and some extended family. The main food is provided and then I will bring a couple dishes. A vegetable dish and an appetizer plate.

DDIL is getting into the home stretch with baby. She's tired, and tired of being pregnant. Won't be long. Another month or so.

My house is still warm enough with no heat.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-17, 14:18

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

DS has to have surgery for his tear in the leg. Waiting for approval from insurance for MRI. Then they set date
His boss said he can work from home while on crutches! That will be awesome!
My dear granddaughter has fever, vomiting and sore throat. Her mom just left to take her to doctor! Hope it viral and not strep!
Karen.... I Luv the day you just described! Family content and enjoying life and you can enjoy a steak!

De... holiday plans sound awesome! Getting exciting a new grandbaby to Luv!

Jo... hello warrior friend hope you day is fantastic!

Have a fabulous Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #228   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 05:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE, glad you posted, good to hear what is doing, even if nothing kinda is going on Oh yea at the end of being prego, everyone wants it over with and just have that baby pop out HA

Bernie....OH NO, surgery! No kidding! That just stinks. You think you can heal and then you get the word that surgery is needed to fix this tear. Sorry he is going thru this. Hopefully get it all set up, done and over all thru the winter time and heal up good again for summer. And kiddie is sick! You guys are getting punched a bit on the medica stuff!

Where is JO? Did I miss that she was going on a trip or something? I looked at back posts but nothing says she is out and about.

HI ALL
hubby off to work
kiddo is sick but not sick. Just in a super duper ever so tired/exhausted zone for some reason. She slept so much of the day away yesterday it amazed me. But she woke up 'better' and all seems good.

today is whatever day
nothing planned, don't want to plan anything and just cruising thru the day. Got nice chicken breast to cook later.

fab day all
  #229   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 10:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 18 November 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
"I do have to hold back on my WANTS vs my NEEDS. I see it as a CHOICE to enable myself to remain at goal. It's my reality!!"

~ Delaney on 14 April 2017
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Woot! Woot! How G R E A T is that when all the Warriors POST???!!!! Imma tickled PINK for sure!

Anyhoo...we had a health fair at our school yesterday morning.

It was the most amazing one we've ever had here! The school nurse has to do one every year...

We had tons of presenters setup with really great info for the kiddos in our gym. We also had rooms set up to do 30 mins of Yoga, 30 mins of Zumba, the Border Patrol did a presentation about cyber crimes against children, talking about social media etc and then we had a dietitian who, of course, was spouting all the "lies, lies, lies" about CI/CO, low-fat/fat-free crapola! Was hard for me to hold my tongue, but I DID!

The school nurse and her aides really setup a great rotation thru the different venues for all of our kiddos! I know the kiddos came away with lots of useful info.

In the afternoon, the kiddos worked on their math and reading goals. The day really went by super fast!

I really hated the fact that we weren't doing a true instructional day since we have too few as it is, IMHO...

Whilst the kiddos worked on math/reading goals, I got my lesson plans completed for week after next so I don't have to worry about school/lesson plans during my break! Also wrote up my sub plans for Monday! So Imma all set to enjoy my break!

Starting my chillin' time now...well, of course I gotta take care of my usual w/e chores! But it's all good!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, yea I would rather be cold than fat also. I am the same in that when the weather turns a bit I make sure I have a flannel shirt in the car to put on 'just in case'.....but I also get that targeted cold, like for me it is more my hands and feet kinda thing.
You're totally right about being cold vs. being FAT! I wouldn't CHANGE it for the world now!!!!

Yeppers, I get the cold hands and feet kinda thing too!
Quote:
I think I will be dragged off somewhere by hubby today. I think he has an itching to go out and spend some money HA, will see if that goes down or not. I might turn this into my favor, I have to get that new printer for kiddo, so in any travels I will put myself right in front of that store and buy one for Xmas and be done with it. Kill 2 birds ya know
Sounds like a nice way to spend the day with Tony! Hope you got the printer for your DD!

BTW, how are the plans going for his early retirement??? Did you get it all figured out??
Quote:
Kinda do nothing day for me again.
usual, little of this and that.
Nothing exciting, that is for sure.
Nothing exciting = no drama!
That's a good thing, right?
Quote:
Kinda waiting for holidays to happen and day after Xmas hitting the beach over New Years for 7 days (trip on ONLY if weather is decent tho).
I hope the weather is decent and you get a chance to go to the beach!
Quote:
I am not doing much cooking as no one is 'truly' hungry in the house....awww, I love when everyone gets sick of food and they don't want like they usually do. Will enjoy it as long as I can til they demand a 'good big dinner' from me HAHA
Hey that is nice... hope it lasts a good long while.

I know for me, cooking stuff I can't eat is a big TURN OFF (KWIM?), I wouldn't wanna cook either!
Quote:
Where is JO? Did I miss that she was going on a trip or something? I looked at back posts but nothing says she is out and about.
Here I is!

I just didn't post yesterday...and Imma posting later than usual today... got some stomach bug thingy... let's just say the bathroom is my best friend right now... not feelin' really bad at all... but I do see a Siesta with da lil Chico dog this afternoon! I know Imma mentally exhausted from school etc... not really stressful, but you know?
Quote:
kiddo is sick but not sick. Just in a super duper ever so tired/exhausted zone for some reason. She slept so much of the day away yesterday it amazed me. But she woke up 'better' and all seems good.
Sounds like I may have what she has aka "the super duper ever so tired/exhausted thingy"! The reason Imma taking that Siesta later!

Imma glad she's feelin' way better!

Berni:
Quote:
DS has to go back to orthopedic doctor today his leg is hurting and he has no range of motion! DSGF has parent teacher conferences so I have colt!
Hope his ortho figures out why he's hurting and has no range of motion, poor dude...

Nice that Magnum has his nephew Colt to hang with!
Quote:
Jo... I am having Thanksgiving by DD. I have to bring Paleo version of Seven Layer Salad 🥗. That will be fine.
That's great that you are spending T-day with your DD and her fam!

Whats a seven layer salad??? Is it anything like these two??? Had to do a google search!

These sound real yummy! What would a Paleo version be like?

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes...alad-53947.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14295/seven-layer-salad/
Quote:
I am making my Turkey this weekend and will portion it out for the week. I use the method you posted for Karen such a treat!
That's cool that you make your turkey like that! Best way EVER to cook it, JMO!

Imma cooking mine this w/e too as soon as my bird is thawed!
Quote:
DS has to have surgery for his tear in the leg. Waiting for approval from insurance for MRI. Then they set date
His boss said he can work from home while on crutches! That will be awesome!
Oh man, surgery! Nice that his boss will let him work from home!!
Quote:
My dear granddaughter has fever, vomiting and sore throat. Her mom just left to take her to doctor! Hope it viral and not strep!
Gosh, I hope it's not strep! You all don't need it spreading to the rest of the kiddos and fam....

We have "no fever" strep running rampant thru our school! Hopefully with our break, we'll stop the spread of strep and no more strep for the rest of the year!
Quote:
Jo... hello warrior friend hope you day is fantastic!
Thanks, Friday was great! Imma glad it's the w/e and Break! Woot! Woot! Hope your Friday was fab-tastic TOO!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Nothing new around here. Just thinking about getting ready for the holidays. Thanksgiving will be at my son's house with his family and some extended family. The main food is provided and then I will bring a couple dishes. A vegetable dish and an appetizer plate.
Sounds lovely! I know you'll enjoy yourself surrounded by fam!
Quote:
DDIL is getting into the home stretch with baby. She's tired, and tired of being pregnant. Won't be long. Another month or so.
Gosh, we remember those days don't we??? I know I do!

Is she still working?
Quote:
My house is still warm enough with no heat.
Same here... supposed to remain unseasonably warm (mid 70s during the day/ low 40s at night) well into next week! I'll take it!
  #230   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 11:44

BF:

Happy Saturday!

I have been busy with house work this morning, got it over with early! My plans for today are no plans, just chill around home, either read or watch some of my recorded shows.

Karen:

Good to hear your DD is feeling better today. Extra sleep can do a lot of good! Many of my days are also "whatever" days, just routine. Do what I feel like doing.

Bernie:

Sorry to hear your DS needs surgery and that your DDG is sick. Hope they are both well soon. Too bad your son has to wait on insurance to proceed with that type of an injury. That should be emergency care!

Jo:

That would be hard to hold back when you hear someone spouting off about lowfat/lowcarb! When are they going to learn that doesn't work for most people with weight issues? At least mention low carb as an alternative!

Sorry you're feeling poorly today, get well soon!

Have a great weekend all
  #231   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 13:36

BF:

Hello warriors,

We had a high of 48 at about 4 this morning then rain, wintery mix and finally snow ❄️ big puffy flakes. Nothing stuck and it is finally stopping!

Jo... Yep the only thing I have to leave out is the peas for Paleo. Plus DD likes a special mayo made with avocado oil. She gave me the bottle so pretty easy to make. They do lots of veggies no grains but she bakes with almond or coconut flour! To many carbs for this old gal.

De.... you day sounds just perfect! How are you feeling these days! I was thinking about you today and all that you have overcome and still stayed low carb!

Karen.... So glad your DD is feeling better. Yesterday my granddaughter was playing with these essential oils! The smell gave me a migraine and I was so nauseated 🤢. Happy to say after a great night sleep I good to go! Maybe hit the walking trails today!

Jo.... Feel better my dear friend!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #232   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 06:20

BF:

JO, there ya are Hey kiddo had the bathroom thing also. Something is surely going around out there, too many people are getting it and feeling cruddy! But she came around fast with alot of rest so I hope you do also.

I am same as DE. It would be hard to keep my mouth shut when I am right in the bad nutrition info that is spouted out there but I sure understand. LC is just not accepted as a 'real way to eat' yet SO many have adopted lc as a lifestyle, yet it is still all about the 'healthy grains' and 'good fruit' and more and that is just YIKES --lol

Early retirement plans 'kinda seem' to be working out but I made myself a budget for this month and it is only the 19th and I am already over that by like $300...HAHA...so I have to see where I am overspending and get a handle on how we spend. I never 'did a budget' before so it is interesting to see how it goes down. I always was a free spender and now with a budget restraint it surprises me how much money I would 'kinda just waste'. We think we are shooting for June for him to quit so I have months to work on the trying to stay on a monthly budget and get a handle on things better. EH, an experiment I am dealing with right now. But being my first month I am doing this, and being like Nov and Dec are 'holiday months' I can see I am going over because of that with getting some kiddo presents now and more. I think Jan. will give me a clearer spending focus but again, just experimenting on it all.

DE, chillax is always a good thing I bet being home and relaxing is a great thing for you now. I love going away but I always love coming home also!

Bernie, ohhh, your weather is ramping up to go into true winter zone now. Sorry for ya We are icky and colder etc. but that sleet, ice, snowy crap just doesn't happen here. I think it is great they do Paleo cause that is alot cleaner menu than the old SAD diet, but I am like you, just a tad too many carbs for this old gal also

HI GUYS
another do nothing day, except some chores. gotta vaccuum and stuff. bleck but heck when ya gotta do it, ya gotta do it.
Day is chilly, kinda cloudy. Some storm coming I think.

Got some nice pork chops to eat up later

Everyone have a fine sunday!!
  #233   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 07:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 19 November 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Most people dream of SUCCESS,
Winners wake up & work HARD to achieve it!

~ unknown

Spatchcocked & cooked my turkey yesterday afternoon! Amazing that a 14.25 lb turkey can be fully cooked in 1 hr 26 mins at 450 degrees. Juicy meat and crispy skin!

I de-boned it and portioned out the meat to freeze. Being as anal as I am, I once again weighed all the edible portions vs. the bones etc... only 31% is edible!

I did that last year too with almost the same results! So 14.25 lb turkey = 4.4 lbs of edible meat which is on par with what I've researched. They say a 14 lb turkey will serve 16-18 people (about 4 oz per person).

4 oz is NOT much MEAT for those of us LCing eh?

De:
Quote:
I have been busy with house work this morning, got it over with early! My plans for today are no plans, just chill around home, either read or watch some of my recorded shows.
Right ON about the no plans and just chil-laxing!
Quote:
Jo:

That would be hard to hold back when you hear someone spouting off about lowfat/lowcarb! When are they going to learn that doesn't work for most people with weight issues? At least mention low carb as an alternative!
Did NOT want to get into a debate with the PhD in front of the kiddos, would NOT have been productive b/c she's set in her ways by buying into the whole CI/CO, low/no fat thingy, KWIM???
Quote:
Sorry you're feeling poorly today, get well soon!
Thanks! It must have been a 24 hour thingy b/c I feel great today!
Quote:
Have a great weekend all
Thanks and you too!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
We had a high of 48 at about 4 this morning then rain, wintery mix and finally snow ❄️ big puffy flakes. Nothing stuck and it is finally stopping!
Wow winter is starting for sure where you are... just be extra careful on the roads!
Quote:
Jo... Yep the only thing I have to leave out is the peas for Paleo. Plus DD likes a special mayo made with avocado oil. She gave me the bottle so pretty easy to make. They do lots of veggies no grains but she bakes with almond or coconut flour! To many carbs for this old gal.
Okey dokey, now I know what a 7 layer salad is!

Yeah, I totally agree about the carbs with the almond or coconut flour! Here's the breakdown:

All purpose white flour 1 cup (120) = 91.6 carb grams and 437 kcals
Coconut flour 1 cup (120 g) = 68.6 carb grams and 514 kcals
Almond flour 1 cup (120 g) = 25.7 carb grams and 686 kcals

The best bet is the almond flour b/c of the low carbs but the high fat content of almonds makes it the highest in kcals...

I personally would never bake anything with any type of flour b/c I'd have to portion it out and I know "Fat Jo's" tendency to want to binge on foods that remotely imitate her OLD carb-age laden favorites!

Way safer for me to NOT even go there, EVER!
Quote:
Jo.... Feel better my dear friend!
Thanks, I feel great today!

Karen:
Quote:
JO, there ya are Hey kiddo had the bathroom thing also. Something is surely going around out there, too many people are getting it and feeling cruddy! But she came around fast with alot of rest so I hope you do also.
Thanks! And yeppers, it only lasted until the afternoon... so Imma glad of that!
Quote:
I am same as DE. It would be hard to keep my mouth shut when I am right in the bad nutrition info that is spouted out there but I sure understand. LC is just not accepted as a 'real way to eat' yet SO many have adopted lc as a lifestyle, yet it is still all about the 'healthy grains' and 'good fruit' and more and that is just YIKES --lol
See what I wrote to De about confronting the Dr.

Wasn't worth it, IMHO. And to be perfectly honest, I didn't give much of a rat's azz about her "lies, lies, lies"! Seriously, who would the kiddos believe? Me or the Dr????

When I teach nutrition to my kiddos, right before we start to cook, I do talk about my LC WOE. B/c bottom line, if you read the fine print about SAD, it does mention something about "healthy Americans". I don't consider myself HEALTHY b/c of my carb metabolic processing disorder, KWIM???
Quote:
Early retirement plans 'kinda seem' to be working out but I made myself a budget for this month and it is only the 19th and I am already over that by like $300...HAHA...so I have to see where I am overspending and get a handle on how we spend. I never 'did a budget' before so it is interesting to see how it goes down. I always was a free spender and now with a budget restraint it surprises me how much money I would 'kinda just waste'. We think we are shooting for June for him to quit so I have months to work on the trying to stay on a monthly budget and get a handle on things better. EH, an experiment I am dealing with right now. But being my first month I am doing this, and being like Nov and Dec are 'holiday months' I can see I am going over because of that with getting some kiddo presents now and more. I think Jan. will give me a clearer spending focus but again, just experimenting on it all.
That's terrific that you're shooting for June '18 for Tony to retire!

Yeah, I agree that Nov/Dec probably are the anomaly in your budget. We tend to spend more those months!

I've always been a budget person b/c Imma OCD that way! I know exactly where every dime goes... I pay myself first (aka put away $$$$ into my savings) and then what I have left-over after standard bills (utilities, groceries, gas for car etc) goes into my "can spend" fund ~ that's how I bought my truck in 2014. I don't spend it often...

Gotta look out for myself and have enough squirreled away for retirement!
  #234   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 08:51

BF:

WOW that is it? 31% from that turkey. huh surprises me it IS that low....yea 4 oz for an LCer is a joke for sure HAHA

I sure get you. Time and place for debate and that was not it point blank but I know it curled your toes

I never did the budget thing. I mean I am a frugal gal point blank and I know I can cut costs and save etc.....but how we did money was IN and OUT constantly. Spend on animals on the farm all the time, but make money off the meats we sold, veg from the farm, then count the money that came in from big sales over the weekends on top of paychecks from jobs and I had money, like, everywhere around me all the time, coming in and out at a fast pace. Honestly I could not control a 'budget' situation on it but I know I always kept an eye on it and we did well thru it all....lol...but now on a paycheck only, and I have stopped my biz from the home, I can now see easy money to budget and deal with and I am tackling this thing finally where I can be OCD about my control over this monthly budget Now everything has slowed down and can be controllable and I will be doing just like you

You know in this world of food, processed store convenience foods and eating out on every corner, 24/7 fast food and more, life will never change any time soon about nutrition. It is a monster maze of crazy out there. I think we must each for ourselves really learn about low carb and what it does vs. being told to 'not eat every single 'delish/sugary/carby' thing out there and no one is going down that road til they hit the desperation part of their lives. Desperation makes people find solutions. Then they research and see the truth of it all. I don't know, just blabbing on this LOL

off to vaccuum, heck kiddo is NOT up yet but I got to get her up soon or she won't sleep earlier tonight for school tomorrow LOL and I want the stupid vacuuming done now cause if I don't get it done early it ain't happening HAHA
  #235   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 12:26

BF:

Hello warriors,

Got all my things to do list done! Plus me and Magnum just did a 5 mile trail. Cold but Sunny it felt so good 😊! I made my turkey early this morning and portioned it out! Jo, so right it didn’t go far.
They been saying on TV you are better off buying just the turkey breast more for the money but no crispy skin!

Karen.... I have been trying to live on a retirement budget for the last year and a half! I have had to make many cuts still can’t cover the car payment and the mortgage I just refinanced. I figure if I can learn to live on my monthly pension now then I ready if the outsource or just offer the early retirement package. I always save so much a month for Xmas and bdays so I have that fund too!
It has been hard and I am frugal to the max but still finding ways to cut!
Jo... Glad you are feeling better! I did my turkey also I have a 12 pound and your right 4 ounces not enough for this gal!
Yepper Jo I would never touch any of those flowers. If I ate Paleo
It would be the meat and veggies. But I am not doing organic so my wol is as Paleo as I go. DD will have tons of veggie dishes and a sausage mushroom stuffing but the squashes she makes smell great but very high carb!

De... hope you are having a chillin 😎 day!

Have a spectacular Sunday and take care of yourself!
  #236   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 21:19

BF:

Yesterday turned into a busy day after all ..ended up hanging out with DDIL and grands. Did a lot of shopping. I let the kids pick out a few things to wear, winter stuff.

No Jo, I didn't expect you'd get into a debate with the person lecturing on lowfat, low calorie. Just know it's hard having to listen to all that when you know better. It's not like you'd change her opinion anyway. It's kind of like politics, everyone has their beliefs.

I will have the grandkids for two days this coming week. Hope it's nice enough to get outside and let them play in the park.

Today I did some grocery shopping. It was so crowded. Long, long lines.
  #237   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-17, 10:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 20 November 2017

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Hope this finds all of you doing well! Find some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

EATING the right stuff gives me mental clarity AND mental HONESTY!
~ Jamackarch 04.15.17

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 9 months, 1 week and counting... Wt = 114 lbs!

Maintenance is going super duper! Can't believe I've been at "it" this long! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought this remotely possible!

Anyhoo...

Update on Sweater Making Adventure....

Finished 2 more sweaters... yeah, Imma knit-wit!

"Petal Pink" with "Pastel" stripes Baby Sweater (finished 16 November 2017)

“Aran” & “Red” stripes Baby Sweater (finished yesterday)

I started another one (no shock there, right??) and it's in a camouflage (green/brown/black) yarn.

Slowly depleting my yarn supply ~ won't buy more anytime soon! That's my story and Imma stickin' to it!

So nice to see all the Warriors POSTING! Woot ! Woot!

Karen:
Quote:
WOW that is it? 31% from that turkey. huh surprises me it IS that low....
I know right? But I've done the experiment 2 years in a row with almost the same results!

I understand that the bigger the bird, the more edible meat is on it. But I always try to buy the smallest bird possible at the sale price. Mine was a Butterball at 89 cents a lb... not too bad at all IMHO!
Quote:
yea 4 oz for an LCer is a joke for sure HAHA
EXACTLY!
Quote:
I sure get you. Time and place for debate and that was not it point blank but I know it curled your toes
Yeppers, not the place at all!
Quote:
I never did the budget thing. I mean I am a frugal gal point blank and I know I can cut costs and save etc.....but how we did money was IN and OUT constantly. Spend on animals on the farm all the time, but make money off the meats we sold, veg from the farm, then count the money that came in from big sales over the weekends on top of paychecks from jobs and I had money, like, everywhere around me all the time, coming in and out at a fast pace. Honestly I could not control a 'budget' situation on it but I know I always kept an eye on it and we did well thru it all....lol...but now on a paycheck only, and I have stopped my biz from the home, I can now see easy money to budget and deal with and I am tackling this thing finally where I can be OCD about my control over this monthly budget Now everything has slowed down and can be controllable and I will be doing just like you
I think since Imma anal & a control freak, that really does play A big part of why having a budget and sticking to it works for me... does that make sense???

To be perfectly honest, the early years of my marriage, we were pretty poor (military) BUT I always saved money... we always had a nest egg for "just in case" emergencies!

I remember when we got divorced, our lawyers were totally SHOCKED that we didn't have any debt (credit card or otherwise) to negotiate. So our divorce was easy pea-sy financially! We only had to share our nest egg!
Quote:
You know in this world of food, processed store convenience foods and eating out on every corner, 24/7 fast food and more, life will never change any time soon about nutrition. It is a monster maze of crazy out there. I think we must each for ourselves really learn about low carb and what it does vs. being told to 'not eat every single 'delish/sugary/carby' thing out there and no one is going down that road til they hit the desperation part of their lives. Desperation makes people find solutions. Then they research and see the truth of it all. I don't know, just blabbing on this LOL
Nice blabbing! B/c I totally agree with YOU there!

I think too the notion of "moderation" that "THEY" preach makes it so easy for people to fall into the trap of eating all those highly processed convenience foods! Granted most people CAN'T moderate b/c look at our obesity numbers world-wide but THAT message is out there...

And most people don't wanna deprive themselves... we see that HERE too... where people wanna "try" to stay 100% OP but when some social eating event comes along, they will ditch their WOE so they aren't deprived either or have some other excuse like they didn't wanna offend their hostess, etc!

Then they are back to dieting until the next excuse to eat off plan comes along...it comes down totally to CHOICES, JMO!

Berni:
Quote:
Got all my things to do list done! Plus me and Magnum just did a 5 mile trail. Cold but Sunny it felt so good 😊! I made my turkey early this morning and portioned it out! Jo, so right it didn’t go far.
They been saying on TV you are better off buying just the turkey breast more for the money but no crispy skin!
Wow sounds like you had a totally mag & busy Sunday!

I've thought about just buying turkey breast... but all the frozen ones I've seen seem to have some carb-age and I ain't going there...must be something they've injected into the bird..????!!!

Wish I could find fresh turkey breast, but that's not possible in my dinky lil' burg!
Quote:
I have been trying to live on a retirement budget for the last year and a half! I have had to make many cuts still can’t cover the car payment and the mortgage I just refinanced. I figure if I can learn to live on my monthly pension now then I ready if the outsource or just offer the early retirement package. I always save so much a month for Xmas and bdays so I have that fund too!
It has been hard and I am frugal to the max but still finding ways to cut!
That's the only true way of finding out if one can retire or NOT! Good for you!

Imma doing the same thing just living off what my retirement would be!

Here's my biggest concern, I can live very comfortably (financially) here... totally have NO IDEA if that is possible in Phnx.

I know utilities are higher, car insurance will be higher, etc... that is worrisome...

I would have to sell my house before I could even think about purchasing one in Phnx and would I be able to afford to do so??? So many concerns & unanswered questions...

My other concern is da lil' Chico dog...I really don't wanna take him away from the ex and I still want to share him. Totally NOT possible if I live in Phnx. That wouldn't be fair to any of us. <insert "Heavy Sigh" here!>

To be perfectly honest, I haven't really thought much about those things... don't wanna deal with the stress and anxiety it will cause me!

But I know, like everything else I've done so far in my life, once I decide to stop procrastinating and get my proverbial ducks in a row, I'll be better informed on that subject and decide from there!

Bottom line, I guess Imma really NOT ready to turn in my dry erase marker and retire just YET!
Quote:
Jo... Glad you are feeling better!
Thanks, it's totally a none-issue now!
Quote:
I did my turkey also I have a 12 pound and your right 4 ounces not enough for this gal!
Quote:
Yepper Jo I would never touch any of those flowers. If I ate Paleo It would be the meat and veggies. But I am not doing organic so my wol is as Paleo as I go. DD will have tons of veggie dishes and a sausage mushroom stuffing but the squashes she makes smell great but very high carb!
I don't know anything about the Paleo WOE... didn't know they were "organic" as well... sounds like an expensive WOE with what I've seen in the stores labeled "organic" vs none-organic...

De:
Quote:
Yesterday turned into a busy day after all ..ended up hanging out with DDIL and grands. Did a lot of shopping. I let the kids pick out a few things to wear, winter stuff.
Sounds like you had a busy Saturday!

Quote:
No Jo, I didn't expect you'd get into a debate with the person lecturing on lowfat, low calorie. Just know it's hard having to listen to all that when you know better. It's not like you'd change her opinion anyway. It's kind of like politics, everyone has their beliefs.
Thanks, I knew you'd understand! And you're totally right about it's kinda like politics, everyone has their own beliefs for sure!
Quote:
I will have the grandkids for two days this coming week. Hope it's nice enough to get outside and let them play in the park.
I hope you have nice weather too! We're predicted to be in the mid-70s & for the rest of the week... Hope your weather is as nice!
Quote:
Today I did some grocery shopping. It was so crowded. Long, long lines.
Imma gonna miss our non-crowded grocery stores here when I move to Phnx b/c I know it's a jungle out there!
  #238   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 04:21

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Never got a chance to post yesterday! Took DSS to regular 6 month cardiology appt. Things were going good blood pressure and pulse a little low but cholesterol down to total of 111. Then doc looked at potassium level at 6 oh boy that high! DSS does a plant based diet lots of spinach, kale, sweet potatoes, carrots and squash along with lentils and oats. Many of the veggies have high potassium but are heart healthy! He is also on 2 blood pressure medicine. One which has potassium in it. So that one is gone and the other one cut in half. We have to go the next two days to hospital and have the potassium level checked if they can’t get it down he has to go into hospital to have a glucose flush done.
So I getting off work this morning pick
Up Makayla and off to hospital!

Hello to JO, Karen and De! I will catch up once this scenario calms down! Oh DS still waiting for insurance to approve his MRI. Lordy insurance is really getting slow in paying and approving but quick on those premiums!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #239   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 05:41
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Tuesday, 21 November 2017

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

When you cheat on your WOE plan the only person you’re actually CHEATING is you!
~ me 04-11-2017

Berni:
Quote:
Imma doing well! Hope you are doing the same!
Quote:
Never got a chance to post yesterday!
I miss you when you don't post!
Quote:
Took DSS to regular 6 month cardiology appt. Things were going good blood pressure and pulse a little low but cholesterol down to total of 111. Then doc looked at potassium level at 6 oh boy that high! DSS does a plant based diet lots of spinach, kale, sweet potatoes, carrots and squash along with lentils and oats. Many of the veggies have high potassium but are heart healthy! He is also on 2 blood pressure medicine. One which has potassium in it. So that one is gone and the other one cut in half. We have to go the next two days to hospital and have the potassium level checked if they can’t get it down he has to go into hospital to have a glucose flush done.
Wow if it isn't one thing it's another with your poor DSS!
Hope that his potassium level lowers on it's own since he's no longer taking the med and he doesn't have to be hospitalized!

Isn't he also on blood thinners? B/c most green veggies are high in vitamin K which helps clot the blood and means the blood thinners aren't as effective... I remember that from when I took Coumadin for my blood clot years ago...

Here's what I found on a google search of veggies NOT to eat whilst on blood thinners:

Quote:
While eating small amounts of foods that are rich in vitamin K shouldn't cause a problem, avoid eating or drinking large amounts of:
Kale.
Spinach.
Brussels sprouts.
Parsley.
Collard greens.
Mustard greens.
Chard.
Green tea.

source: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...in/faq-20058443

Quote:
So I getting off work this morning pickup Makayla and off to hospital!

I will catch up once this scenario calms down!
Hope everything goes well with your DSS!
Quote:
Oh DS still waiting for insurance to approve his MRI. Lordy insurance is really getting slow in paying and approving but quick on those premiums!
Ain't that the ever-loving truth about quick on those premiums but slow on the approval end! Gees Louise!

Karen:
Where are you, girlie?? So unlike you NOT to post daily! Hope you and the fam are doing well!

De:
Hope you're doing well, girlie! What days are you watching the grands this week??

Is your DH still thinking about retiring at the beginning of the year?? Inquiring minds wanna know!
  #240   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 06:00

BF:

I am around.
Picking up mom tomorrow to come here for a few days...she shares kiddo's bathroom when here and I have to clean that bathroom big time Kiddo is a messy 12 yr old for sure LOL

So just super busy right now getting things handled.

Will catch up in a bit with ya'll!!