Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 17:01

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doiron
And to the guy who said watch yourself in the mirror - that's the biggest mistake you can make. Perfect your form by feeling the movement and coordinating your body - not by staring at yourself in the mirror. Check out OL training areas, or even PL gyms - no mirrors at all, and they're doing more complex lifts and moving a hell of a lot more weight.

Hey, it works for me... but then again I use light weight... and occasionally glance at the mirror (if its there, use it, I say ) I try not to stare

I agree with your statement about feeling the movement and coordinating the body. Eventually, it will become a habit.

Last edited by korry1977 : Sun, Oct-05-03 at 17:07.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:09
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Hi Korry. There's nothing wrong with checking your form in the mirror. Just don't obsess and stare of course. Another good way to check your form is to have an experienced lifter watch your sets. YMMV because if you ask a powerlifter on Monday, a bodybuilder on Wednesday, and a 117 pound girl on Friday to watch your sets of squats or deadlifts you will get 3 different opinions. Even then, each person is at a different experience level.

And another problem is that each lifter knows what works for themselves, not you. Many beginners make the mistake of projecting their own experiences onto everyone in the gym. I like to call it the know-it-all stage. It's the one just after beginner. So there are my reasons why I like your answer..."Hey, it works for me".

Good Luck
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:30

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

Oh ok...

Thanks for clarifying the issue, Mudknife... makes sense that people with different physiques, and different fitness goals, different levels would assess the situation to fit their particular needs...

Thanks again,
Korry
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 16:08

Plan: Modified Schwarzbein
Stats: 239/221/185 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Here's a thought...

...you may want to consider strenghtening your core (abs and lower back) before doing these exercises. Weight belts don't provide near as much support as your (God-given weight belt) core muscles. Oh yeah -- be VERY strict with form (for every weight lifting exercise), it is WAY more important than how much weight you use.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 09:13
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Hi Ken, yea what you say makes sense. Thanks