Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 16:02

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Well I lost a pound this week. It's a start
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 16:43

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
Well I lost a pound this week. It's a start

Congratulations..feels good..and certainly better than if you'd gained a pound
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-13, 08:06

Thanks I've been on a plateau. Even though I haven't been eating wheat all this time. I think I have developed a total grain intolerance because I had some gluten free mac and cheese this weekend and my stomach was not feeling that great.

I slacked off my exercise. My metabolism wasn't speedy to start with so I need to exercise at least 5 days a week to rev it up to burn the fat. Ok. Today I work out on Total Gym. Got to get in some cardio too.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-13, 10:33

I FOUND my Healthy for Life book! Ahhh! So happy! because you can't find it on Amazon anymore. They only have the CADLP available! Well one good thing happened this week. Ok back on program instead of trying to do it by memory.

Last edited by Mayflowers : Wed, Mar-27-13 at 10:42.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-13, 08:56

Worked out on my total gym this morning. A good full body work out. I also have been walking during work all week, 23-35 mins. Would have walked longer if it wasn't so cold and windy. Going now for a walk. Trying to get the total gym in 4 times a week. So far 2 times. Hoping for a good loss this week.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-13, 09:24

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey Mayflowers! Just popping in to say hi- I usually post in the daily thread, but I was reading through your posts and I am doing very similar to you. i am not vegetarian either, though I have never eaten red meat (don't like the taste) and a lot of my cms are vegetarian. I am a big fan of tofu I've been vegan before though I love cheese so I found it difficult to maintain (without the cheese, it would be easy for me- I love all the milk alternatives and their products). At this point I am trying to eat whole foods, and I too am gluten free as of about 2 weeks ago, though I have messed it up twice. I was a gluten-every-day person before so it's harder for me but I am less bloated and feel better. Are you still gluten free? How do you feel?
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-13, 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
I too am gluten free as of about 2 weeks ago, though I have messed it up twice. I was a gluten-every-day person before so it's harder for me but I am less bloated and feel better. Are you still gluten free? How do you feel?

Hi MR Yes, I'm still gluten free. I've been gluten free for about a month now without slipping. I slipped too in the beginning. Wheat tastes so good.
I'm not celiac so it's very easy to say "Oh well just this once" I had the hardest time staying off wheat at restaurants. That's when I would cheat. But being gluten intolerant now, my acid indigestion and AR were just getting worse and worse the more I ate wheat, not to mention the lethargy and lack of motivation..depression. I really feel it when I get accidently contaminated. My stomach does a back flip and hurts. Wheat Belly really helps motivate me to stay off it. Today I'm making baked ziti ... regular for the kids and GF for me. (I'm working on getting my kids off gluten too)

I was eating a lot of soy. I wasn't losing then either. I thought the soy was messing with my thyroid. I've cut back on the soy. I've been eating chicken. Maybe I should add more bean meals. I know I sleep better when I have animal protein for meals. When I was eating a lot of soy, I was waking up all night long every hour.

Last edited by Mayflowers : Sun, Mar-31-13 at 06:15.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-13, 06:00

I'm annoyed that I didn't lose this week. I was exercising all week long and eating on plan. I guess my RM was off balance.
Back to the drawing board.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-13, 08:02

Still not losing..I had a bad week. We had to put my cat down Monday and over the weekend hurt my shoulder pretty bad moving furniture around and I was not even walking until Thursday. I had to lay in bed and rest it so that screwed my metabolism.. more. I moved my RM to breakfast. It has to be breakfast or lunch. Dinner is not working.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-13, 09:15

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
Still not losing..I had a bad week. We had to put my cat down Monday and over the weekend hurt my shoulder pretty bad moving furniture around and I was not even walking until Thursday. I had to lay in bed and rest it so that screwed my metabolism.. more. I moved my RM to breakfast. It has to be breakfast or lunch. Dinner is not working.

I am so sorry for the loss of your cat. My husband and I are very much cat folk, and it has been extremely difficult when we've lost one.
Hope your shoulder recovers quickly.
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-13, 05:59

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
I am so sorry for the loss of your cat. My husband and I are very much cat folk, and it has been extremely difficult when we've lost one. Hope your shoulder recovers quickly.

Thank you Pat. I've always been a cat person too. It gets harder when one gets older to let them go. I have one left and I hope she lives a long life. She's about 5 now.

Yesterday I walked 30 mins. I'm going to up the exercise again. I'm going for 40 mins or a workout dvd or both. I need to speed up my metabolism. I might be going to Hawaii this year and I need to look healthier. It's hard to look sexy at my age but I sure can look FIT.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-13, 07:45

Fell off the gluten wagon this weekend.. Stress/emotional eating. I was doing great.. until the cat..a couple of days before that my youngest son moved out. He's 21, but my 23 year old is still living home. Empty nest syndrome.. Ok.. it will take me a few days but I'll get back on the wagon. I hope I get rid of my body fat this week.. Walked all weekend. I'm starting to feel mentally better again. I joined the tanning salon because of SAD (and to raise vitamin D level) and it's helping.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-13, 06:58

Sigh, no weight loss this week. My clothes are feeling lose but it's not showing up on the scale. I had a wheat relapse until Wednesday, now I'm off it again. I'm trying one CM and 1 RM with maybe just a low carb shake or nothing for the other CM, plus increase of exercise.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-13, 04:28

I've been working out every day and I'm feeling better. I usually walk 30 mins outside. I'm trying to increase it to 45 mins. Fresh air and sunshine is as important for health as food. I'm also working on increasing my water intake. I'm up to 48 oz of just water not counting coffee but I'm trying to get up to 64 oz a day. I found if I don't drink a LOT of water, my weight loss stalls. I was taking it a little easier this week because I strained my lower back and I didn't want to make it worse.. been laying on heating pad..using natural pain relief lotion by Now.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-15, 13:24

Back on CAD ... and grain free as well. Almost breaking the 180's...!