Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 18:21
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Carbohydrates Addict Test

Carb cravings and binges can be caused by addiction to carbs as well as an allergy to certain carbs. To ascertain if it's carb addition, try this link here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 13:57

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%
Default Thanks

I had never seen that website before. Thanks for pointing the way.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 07:07
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Update.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 18:41

Plan: Trying CAD
Stats: 183/162.8/120 Female 4'11"
BF:
Default I BELONG HERE!!

My goodness I do, I really do. I am a severe addict. I knew this all along. Not sure why I didn't come here 1st, instead of Atkins.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 10:37
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 165/154.5/130
BF:
Progress: 30%

I've taken this kind of test before and I am definitely a carb addict. Cutting out many carbs I already have more energy.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 01:02

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 255/225/160 Female 5 foot  4 inches
BF:

When I tried the CAD test I think it was one of the few times I ever got 100% on an exam.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 07:34
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 165/154.5/130
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally posted by Maribet
When I tried the CAD test I think it was one of the few times I ever got 100% on an exam.

I hear that. I think I got a 90% or something.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 01:04

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/115/105 Female 60 inches
BF:40%/25%/18%
Progress: 78%

I got 100% on this test, too. Now, can someone please tell me why CAD is better for me than Atkins? It seems Atkins is for carb addicts, as well?
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 06:04
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Atkins induction is great for carbohydrate addicts (CAs). However, when you move off induction and start adding back in carbier vegetables and sf products, many CAs find themselves reacting with ever larger appetites, eating more than four times a day, and cravings for carbs. This is a sign that CAs are reacting with higher insulin levels. Insulin is the hunger hormone and stores fat. Therefore, many CAs, though eating a lot fewer carbs can find their weight loss stalling. Some can even gain weight.

Some CAs can continue to do well on Atkins by controlling insulin raisers, triggers, and by making sure not to eat more than four times a day. That can be tricky because CAs react to total carbs and sweet tasting foods even if they have no carbs.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 11:55

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%

Darn, I only got a 70% -- does that mean I need to study harder? The only reason I didn't hit 100% is that I've had to watch my eating for a while now.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:03
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Welcome!!! This is one test where you wish to flunk, lol!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 01:09

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

People I am so struggling.... I just took that test and scored 100%...crap... Of course I knew this... I haven't lost a pound in a month... I did Atkins and lost 7... After induction switched to PP and lost 4....

On Atkins I felt tired...and like I had the flu.... PP a little more energy but still felt like I was on Atkins...I need more carbs, fruits and vegetables in my diet...and less fat....I feel it... My face is breaking out...and I know it has to be from the fats...

I've been on CAD before and really got frustrated after about a month because I wasn't losing...or rather i was losing and gaining the same pound... I'm just venting...lol

Will try and be patient...feeling a little out of control this am...3:11 and I can't sleep..... I think I'm lookin for a panacea and there is none... Tired of living my life fat... Tired of not going anywhere and putting my life on hold until I lose weight...geez... Life is truly passing me by... I ask myself...what have I been doing...???? EATING!!!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 07:19
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Skeeweeaka
Your message has been heard loud and clear. You need to come home to CAD. This is wear you belong!!! CAD can be very flexible within the CAD boundaries and rules. Need more protein, fine!! Need less fat, fine!!! Need lower carb and more complex carbs, fine!!! You can tailor the program to your needs. The only thing you can't do is eat more than four times a day and have more than one RM a day.

Why don't you print out the cheat sheet and stallers list and go over what you've been doing the past few weeks. I'm sure you'll find many things that are causing your stall and weight gain. Eating more than 4 times a day is an obvious one.

Good luck. I think you'll find peace with CAD/CALP.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 17:33

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Thanks Zuleikaa.... I apologize for all the emotion but I'm rather hormonal... It's that TOM...so I'm crying...craviing chocolate...and in pain... I've thought about moving over to CAD but just started the 5-6 meal a day thing middle of last week....

It does seem to be working down 1 pound... The exercise is paying off too.... My arms and legs are smaller and I'm starting to see muscle...GEEZ... Can't believe that one so my body might just be gaining muscle which I know is heavier than fat.... I'll give this a couple more weeks.... Definitely thinking of switching...and using it to maintain my weight loss once I get to my goals...50-70 pounds from now...

Thanks again....
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 03:06

Plan: Charles Clarke
Stats: 13/13/10 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Yup, I scored 100 percent too. The silly thing is, a friend told me about this two years ago, and really, really tried to persuade me this was my problem. She's now lost 3 stone in weight, and I've gained ten pounds, while following my high-carb diets and then binging. DOH!!

Anyway, just read Charles Clarke and have been following this for three days and feel awful, but not hungry. I have a good feeling about this, but think that a carb addict diet would probably work for me as I definitely am one!

What's the best book in anybody's humble opinion out there? Thanks, Ruth