Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 05:16
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%
Default CAD/CALP Daily Support Wednesday 5/26/04

Goodmorning!
I hope everyone has a great day.
Usually I have my menus planned out a few days in advance, and always have extra protein and CM vegies cooked and ready. Like I'll throw a few extra chicken breasts on the grill with dinner, or have extra salmon cooked up. That makes taking my lunch, or a quick dinner, easy. Well, I screwed up and have nothing cooked or defrosted for lunch or dinner tonight. So, its off to the market after work- plus I have to figure out what to make. Decisions, decisions.
Have a great day- see you all later!
Eno
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 07:13

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning,

I was hoping to see a difference in the scale this morning, but it didn't move. I guess I can hope for tomorrow.

Eno, that is great that you usually plan for several days. I can always plan my CM's but when it comes to RM, it is anybody's guess. DH does all of the cooking. He is retired and I am still working, so that is his job now. Not too mention he is a better cook than I am. That is one of the reason why CAD is so perfect for me. I can always fit whatever he plans, which is usually at the last minute, into my diet. He does know that I need to start my RM with a salad, and iti s suppose to be balanced. He still after all this time, has a hard time with the balancing part of it.

I just ordered Cable One for my office. I was having a hard time with security issues with my dial up connection. Since I only had one line at work, it was hard for me to get on the Internet because I would tie up the phone line. Now I can come and visit when I get a free minute and won't need to worry about the phone line.

Everyone have a great CAD day.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 08:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good Morning, I don't really feel like writing today so this is goind to be quick. I am still at 130 today and not happy about that, since starting CAD and before, my weight has fluctuated between 125-130, this has actually been since the beginning of Dec. 03. I just really want to see below 125.

ENO, I agree with Diane, that's a great idea to have things prepared.

Diane, your a lucky woman to have a man that cooks for you. Mine does also every so often.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 08:43
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

My scale has made it's first move: it's down half a pound, not much but I won't complain!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:24

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

all4Morgan, congratulations! Every/any movement down is cause for dancing in the streets! Means your body's beginning a momentum.

Enjoy the day!

Best, Sona
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:36

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I'd take it!

1/2 pound sounds good to me right now. I am fluctuating daily between 216 - 220 and have been for a long while now. I am not really discouraged though, but I would love to see a trend in the right direction.

I just finished a Subway salad for lunch that my daughter made me. She has only 2 days left to work there before she moves and starts her new job. I am sure going to miss those free salads! This one had tons of chicken in it, almost too much really. Good though

Working out again tonight, gotta get an extra one in to make up for being short last weekend.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 11:00

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile Morning, all!

A rainy top o' the morning to all here! Wouldn't you know, the one day I actually have the spirit in me to jog (against the many, many days I have to drag myself out to do it), it's dreary and drizzling! Still, I made it outside and took the pavement route (I get nervous jogging in the park on rainy days, 'cause it gets so deserted)! Yay for our side!

Enomarb, I'm with you about preparing meals/food packets in advance. You're wise to think ahead, especially in case you get hungry.

Dianee, with your discipline and considered approach to CAD, I suspect the scale will start to move soon--I'll be hoping for you!

Adukart--I'm also frustrated about no movement. It's way past time for me to move down from my current weight...and I want that encouragement! *Sigh* Well, maybe when it hits you, it'll hit me!

All4Morgan, I've already congratulated you--that was my first happy post.

Everybody have a terrific day out there!

BEst, Sona
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:38
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hello all I am having a pretty good day I am glad that my weight is back where it was before my sunday evening went off track...I am praying that maybe this week I can get below 140...well I need to stay on track to get there. I am at a loss for what to eat for dinner...I haven't bought many groceries lately because I am going on vacation and moving all in the next 2 weeks...I think maybe BBQ grilled chicken broccoli and cheese and rice a roni or ranch beans. I feel sooooo much better now that i am back on CAD, on Atkins I would starve and deprive though the week and cheat and binge on the weekends. well everyone have a great day!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 15:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

I have a couple quick questions for you guys:

1. How much later do you typically get punished for a poor RM? I've noticed that the scale is rarely up the following day, but for some reason it shot up 2 lbs this morning, and the most likely culprit was the huge amount of ice cream I had on Sunday, even though that was several days.

2. Do you find that your weight fluctuates to a greater degree on CAD than other plans you have been on? Prior to CAD, I was almost always within a 1 lb range, with the exception of TOM. Now I find myself varying anywhere from 146.5-150.5, for seemingly no major identifiable reasons. I'll freak out one day and almost think that I should stop CAD, and then my weight will fall again, like 2 or 3 lbs in one night. It is not making much sense to me.

Please help!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 16:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wendy,

Wow, you read my mind. I am having all the same kind of worries you are, about the fluctuating. Glad to know it's not just me.
#1 couple days
#2 Yes
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 18:27
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Wendy and others with questions about the scale-
There is a concept in the Hellers books about weight averaging. You weigh daily, and then average the weights. This helps avoid the whole daily fluctuation thing.
In CAD it's most of Chapter 7; in CALP it's also Chapter 7. I skipped over it the first time I read the books, but then I reread them and it made a lot of sense.
E
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 19:42
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

With regards to punishment and poor RM's, I'm too new to know but so far all my RM's have not been balanced, decent meals...I'm going to have to learn I don't need to go carb crazy.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 20:24
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

I'm very happy I lost 5lbs in one day and now have lost a total of 7 since Friday. My journal has my recent daily menus, if any want to look at them and critic them I would appreciate it.
I have no cravings and I can go without snacks.. rather easily
I am getting headaches... is this common?