Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 11:15

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Ramen Soup Mix Recipe?

I'm trying to find a good recipe for the Ramen Soup Mix. I have been searching Google finding all these recipes for Ramen soup but it seems they all involve way more stuff than that which comes in those little tiny packets that come with the Ramen soup.

I have been reading the ingredients for the little packets and I can tell it's basically chicken bouillon with celery seed and optionally other dehydrated veggies, MSG, dehydrated soy sauce etc. I just want to get the proportions right.

I don't mind using some fresh veggies and actual soy sauce etc, I'm just trying to get the flavor that comes in one of those tiny packets. I want to test it with my new Shirataki + Oat Fiber noodles.

I'm thinking I can marinate my noodles with a bit of cayenne pepper to get the "hot & spicy" flavor I like. Any other suggestions on that?

Anyone have a good recipe with the right ingredients and proportions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 11:54

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

sesame seed oil
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 14:37

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Here's a reddit link https://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinar...amen_seasoning/ that goes off on tangents. I agree that I really like that stuff but don't buy msg any more, not because I don't like it or think its bad for you but thought having 1 lb of it round was kind of stupid - invited over use.

for me now doing noodles I use bone broth that I make, add some vinegar, and pepper flake, fish sauce and or salt it up, maybe some soy or liquid amino. Fat added to since the bone broth has fat skimmed. I've posted pictures of this amillion times, here a milion one...

Another thought is to buy a huge cheap case of the stuff you like and use the wheatNoodleCakes as firewood or fire starters this winter, saving the packets for use with your Oat Fiber Shirataki

PS, I'm really digging the stuff. Doing quick stir fries with junky ham and simple vegetable or what ever leftovers. Add a bunch of liquid aminos and bam, food that any college kid would eat.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 14:58

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I have a Japanese cookbook and lots of the soups start with Bonita flakes that are boiled to make the broth.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 20:42

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Another thought is to buy a huge cheap case of the stuff you like and use the wheatNoodleCakes as firewood or fire starters this winter, saving the packets for use with your Oat Fiber Shirataki

PS, I'm really digging the stuff. Doing quick stir fries with junky ham and simple vegetable or what ever leftovers. Add a bunch of liquid aminos and bam, food that any college kid would eat.

Funny you should mention using the wheatNoodleCakes for fire starters, my wife just purchased a Mexican chimenea at a yard sale this past weekend, (I've always wanted one!). The evenings are getting cooler so I may try your idea one of these nites when we're sitting out on the patio!

Actually I took a bit of advice from you, your link and from Meme#1. After rinsing my noodles well and draining them well, I let them marinate in about a teaspoon of sesame oil and maybe a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I heated chicken broth, (I have yet to try the bone broth but I plan to), with some fresh green onion, fresh chopped garlic, a bit of fresh grated ginger, a bit of chicken bouillon and a bit of fish sauce to a slight boil then added the noodles. It came out great - and it was easy. All done in 10 minutes!

Last edited by TucsonBill : Fri, Oct-27-17 at 21:26.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 22:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Siracha-- I put that s**t on everything!!! Lol!