Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 09:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Flaxseed

I haven't switched to CAD yet just getting some more info. I don't think flaxseed is on the list of foods for CM. It wasn't on the Atkins induction list either but I still ate it and had no problem. I am addicted to it I think, I have it every day for breakfast, I make a hot cereat whith it. What do you think would it be an allowed breakfast or am I going to have to skip it?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 09:59

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Not for CAD

It isn't on the CM-allowable list, therefore not to be used other than reward meals. You can always try it if you like though.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:39
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Someone else tried it for breakfast and they started gaining. If you were going to try adding it, I would only do so after the initial 3 weeks. You don't need problems trying to get started.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 13:02
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Remember Flax seed isn't a carb free food. Most packages already subtract out the fiber.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks everyone, I will have to minus it out of my CMs, as ladybelle said it isn't a carb free food. After I thought about that I realized it's 4 carb per serving and itsn't there something about the carbs per serving and the amount at CM's. I haven't read the whole book yet so I don't think I got that far yet.