Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 00:04
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Pre3teach, I am so sorry about your cat. I love animals. They love us when no one else does. Our calico disappeared this week for two days and came home with a paw hurt. I was sure she was gone forever. It was so unlike her.

Sango, don't get discouraged. I know I should weigh daily, but my head tells my mouth to do terrible things if my weight is up any at all. I have no willpower at all! This forum helps me tremendously.

I had hives last week and couldn't exercise so I am trying to get back on track. I didn't realize how much I missed exercising. It has made all the difference in the inches I am losing. I love feeling my clothes so much bigger!

I love CAD. It is a very livable diet. I don't ever feel like I'm being deprived. What is OP?

Everyone keep up the good work! By the way Iateit, welcome to our forum. We're all after the same thing, to get slim and healthier. Stop by anytime!!

Linda
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 06:01

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

OP...on plan...Had to think about that awhile too
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 06:32

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Aww...

So sorry to hear about the kitty. I love cats too. The one I have now used to be an outside cat, but one time he came home all beaten up..lots of injuries that required surgery and he almost had to have his tail taken off. He recovered very well, and needless to say he is an inside cat now! It is so hard to lose a pet that you love.

Sango, I like the advice to try and figure out what has changed for you since you have been having trouble. But, don't get too bogged down in trying to analyze it. How about just giving yourself the gift of one full day on program. Have your CM food planned and a really nice reward meal, and don't worry too much about what you have done in the last few weeks or the obstacles you might face in the future. I really think that would make you feel so much better.

I'm doing fine today, feeling pretty good and definitely OP
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 07:18
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre3teach
Just wanted everyone to know...my son's wonderful cat died today...the one we brought home from a shelter to replace my son's cat that died last year. We are all soooo sad...if you love cats you will understand. These cats were both exceptional!!!REALLY He was a black longhaired sweet and funny cat.

Sorry to hear about your cat. We had one that died once and it devastated our family. We get pretty attached to our pets.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 07:21
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

I am still tentively trying out CAD and am happy to say that I am sleeping better at night, my digestion has improved and I have lost a little over 3 lbs since I started last week!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 09:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have been OP a full week and haved gained but feel great. I need to cut down on the carb portion at RM, but for now just glad to be on plan.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 15:19

wtg fluffybear and adukart!

I like how you said that Vel...give yourself one full day on plan...That really sounds neat and ya know it is a gift to ourselves, because we do feel so much better when we are on plan. Not only the health benefits but the mental lift too! I feel I have accomplished alot when I stay on plan.

I had my RM at lunch but for one of the firt times I feel in control enough mentally and physically that I know I will be ok.
My daughter is taking tha cat loss sooooo hard
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 18:54

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

I agree with Tracy also.. if I allow myself one true day on CALP.. no cheating.. then I do so much better. For some reason it takes me awhile to commit to that one day, but then I do great until I decide it won't hurt to cheat just a little.

Right now I am OP and very happy.. I would love to keep this up, especially with the holidays coming. CAD is so perfect to have a few yummies during the holidays at RM and not gain weight.

Good Luck Sango.. we all know how difficult this is. I hope you find the problems soon... I usually know what I am doing wrong, but going through your journal might have some answers. We are all hoping for you.

So sorry pre3teach about your kitty. They do become part of the family.. and two so close together would be so hard.

adukart.. smoking and eating better.. amazing

fluffybear... I love your outlook on life and hope this works great for you.

Mto4boys and llwilson.. so glad you have the key to weightloss for you.

Finally Iateit..wow! I am also addicted to diet pepsi, trying to eliminate them once again. The only way I will lose is to practically never have them, except an occassional one with an RM. Green Tea is great for so many reasons.

Take Care, Kandi
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 01:15

Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Thank you everyone for the encouragement...it's just so hard to feel like I am completely starting over. Like every workout over the past year, every inch lost, every time I said "No" to something off plan...it was all for nothing.

Anyway, tomorrow is day 1. Again. I am hoping that after I get back into the swing of things I will feel better.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 05:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Dear Sango-
It may feel like it was "all for nothing", but that is not true. Look at what you learned about yourself and your body. While on plan you also corrected the underlying insulin resistance that leads to so many problems. You have also learned a lot about CAD and CALP, and it will hopefully make this time easier. Please give yourself the acceptance and love that you would give someone else on this list who has been through what you have.
Please read your own signature- you are a success no matter what as long as you don't define yourself as a failure. Your weight is just a part of you- there is so much more (no pun intended) to you than a number on a scale.
Eno
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: // Female 63.60
BF:
Progress:

Finally made the decision to follow CALP and so only have 3 days to look back upon. I did Atkins for a year a year ago and it is hard to get the `thinking' to change. Reading different posts I see that has happened to many. The idea of the RW is great but I have to tell myself that I'm not breaking the rules in having it.

Today I managed to pick up one of the books from the local library and am surprised to read that skipping a meal is OK?! I have a lot of trouble with breakfast - seldom feel hungry and so when it says I can skip it and have a coffee it `feels' strange.

Still, after the 3 days (and nights) I am sleeping better again so that is progress. It is so encouraging to read everyone's highs - and lows - and know that so many are walking the same path. Every post is gem!

So sorry about your dear little cat. I lost my wee dog Danni earlier this year - I miss him terribly. He was only small but had a huge personality. They sure do mangle our lives these wonderful creatures but I would rather have it mangled that have missed out on the experience of him. He constantly made me smile
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 22:27

Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Well, I made it through one day finally, which was made much easier by not being at my new job. I started working at a new restaurant this week, a really posh place and all of the gourmet food has been really tempting, plus they keep pushing it on me, "here, try this, etc". Two nights ago was a hopeless disaster, I was there from 3:30pm to 2:30am working a huge party and the only thing available to eat were bits of hors d'oeuvres and dessert bites. If I'd known it would be like that I could have packed some cheese or something, but I had no idea we'd be stuck there that late. And then the night before that, my first night, there were cakes and bread they said I should try (and not having been on plan for more than one day, I lacked the resources to say no). But anyway, I managed to get through today without incident. Tomorrow if anything gets pushed on me at work I will try to take it home for later.

I still feel like I'm starting over, and it still sucks, but I don't think I am *quite* where I was a year ago. I just don't get how I could have been 151-152-153 last week, and 158-160 this week. Without having gone on huge binges. But anyway, I am staying off the scale for at least a week of being back on plan. The numbers are just too depressing for me. After a week the water weight should be gone, and maybe a couple of pounds of fat. I think I can handle things then.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 05:31

weight this am 142...Hey I thought of a pattern...when I was a teen my weight was 105-115...in my college yrs. it was 110-120 then in my 30's it was 120-130 now that i have reacher 40 it has been 138-142...when I am in my 50's I guess I will weigh 1150!!!!!! YIKES lol I hope I can break that cycle!!!!

Eating went well...Have been literally very hungry this am and yesterday at lunch (bad hunger pangs NOT cravings) no change on the scale as of yet...sure is easier to go up than down Today is my 4th day of morning exercise (30min/day) weights in the evenings...feeling better because of that.

Thanks for the weekly encouragemement thread and everyone who posts on it...it sure helps!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 07:25

Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Well, I am getting my cardio lol, running up and down the stairs to the washroom...all this water!!!!!! I think I have been losing too fast for my first week, I have gone from 145 to 139 from Monday to Friday... I am going to add a Com. snack to see if I can even things out a bit.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 20:07

wow IAteit that is GREAT!!! I would love to see a loss like that just to get me started! I have stayed about the same but I feel alittle thinner.